[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cyber deamon Doom
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4
File: Cyberdemon_Doom2.jpg (57 KB, 333x250) Image search: [Google]
Cyberdemon_Doom2.jpg
57 KB, 333x250
>INB4 story of Doom.

So how did the demons in Hell manage to get cybernetic weapons. It was never clearly explained how they did it. Somehow I don't think hell has a science and R&D division.
>>
>>332119551
If you will allow me to tip my fedora for a second

If you can suspend your belief that hell and demons actually exist, I don't think it's too farfetched to give them some cool weapons.
>>
The UAC brought them back to life because they have satanic scientists in them and they problaly got inspired by the nazi technology in Wolfenstein.

Also, dr Betruger may or may not be related to Deathshead and lets not forget that CyberDemon is a cyborg because he lost his limbs to BJ Blazkowicz, who is the great grand father of Doomguy.

Now the questian is: how does Quake 1 and 2 relate to DOOM and Wolfenstein in terms of lore?
>>
I thought they found them in the UAC.
>>
>>332119551
They stole them from the mars base. /thread
>>
>>332119551

>INB4 story of Mario

Why are there pipes all over the mushroom kingdom?
>>
well, the devil invented science, so...
>>
They took over Deimos, a technology base. Doom Ep1 didn't have cybernetic enemies.

>kids these days only know Doom from the fucked up Doom3 "story"
>>
File: flesh and metal.png (624 KB, 1175x585) Image search: [Google]
flesh and metal.png
624 KB, 1175x585
>>332119759
And then there's the fact and all 3 series have shit like frankenstein enimies of flesh and metal and magic and such
>>
Someone please write the chronological order of the ID universe, it may or may not contain PARALLEL UNIVERSES which is why BJ got like 3 fucking redesigns
>>
>>332119992
I played doom when I knew jack shit of English.
Thanks for the tip, though.
>>
>doom
>story
>>
Its funny to think that ID games never focused on the story when all these 3 franchises together form one of the deepest lores in video games
>>
>>332119698
Oh I belive in Hell, but not so much in the religious aspect. I don't doubt there's an alternate dimension of pure chaos and unspeakable horrors, better yet an inverse reflection of the real world/universe.

I also wouldn't doubt that said entities in Hell would just love to break through to us and kill everything they come in contact. I wouldn't even put it past said Deamons if they were taking human technology and reverse engineering it.

If I'm not mistaken the Revenant was the result of a failed human cloning experiment in Hell to make front line/infiltrators to earth to vanguard the invasion that didn't need to be summoned or require sacrifices and whatever satanic shit to keep real deamons on earth.
>>
File: doom7-980x551.jpg (104 KB, 980x551) Image search: [Google]
doom7-980x551.jpg
104 KB, 980x551
>>332120691
Forgot pic.
>>
>>332120886
They are the only enimies i like in the new DOOM
>>
>>332120660
>Studio never gave a shit about story in video games
>Their 3 main series create the deepest lore

woah
>>
>>332120691
Where in the world did you read that?
I'm really curious.
>>
File: Map32_commander_keen.png (58 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Map32_commander_keen.png
58 KB, 800x600
>>332119759
And don't forget that Commander Keen is BJ's grandson
>>
>>332122196
Yeah that too, but what about Ranger and Bitterman?, do they carry the blood of a Blazkowicz?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.