[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Even if Kojima had a million years to do the game, the story
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault[4].jpg (124 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[4].jpg
124 KB, 1920x1080
Even if Kojima had a million years to do the game, the story would still be absolute dogshit what with stuff like big medic and parasites being part of the story from the beginning.

Is it safe to say he's officially hack status now?
>>
>>332118462
Yes. He is the video game equivalent of Vince "The Swerve" Russo.
>>
>>332118462
the venom part made sense, you'd know if you played MG on the msx
>>
>>332119094
No, it makes no fucking sense you retarded faggot.
>>
>>332118462

>hack

>predicted the surveillance we see today in mgs2 well over a decade ago

>in mgsv deals with political correctness culture tech that we will see in another 10 years

>not reading between the lines
>>
>>332119443
like I said, if you played the MSX metal gear you'd understand. Stay mad you underage faggot, Venom was far better than Big Boss by the way.
>>
>>332119657
>like I said, if you played the MSX metal gear you'd understand
Yeah, you'd understand that Phantom Pain fucks up the series timeline beyond comprehension.
>>
>>332119705
Not really, I mean if you think it's normal that Big Boss "dies" 3 times, sure.
>>
>>332119808
Funny. He only died once. If you played the MSX games you would know that.
>>
>>332120125
Yeah, you're right. Because VENOM was in it, guess you don't know what '' '' means.
>>
>>332120125
i really thought they would pull the whole

>solid shoots BB in the head

>lol he survived because it bounced off the shrapnel in his head

>'solid snake i will get u in the next game'

thing...
>>
>>332120569
Haha that would have been cool
>>
>>332122340
agreed. For the next one i just want Kojima at the helm and a story with big boss / solid as protagonist. no forced surprise reveal that youre really playing as an accountant from stanley called bob.
>>
>>332119565
>MGSV deals with political correctness culture tech

That's bullshit.

It was clear that MGS2 had some social commentary due to the fact that they both linked the ideas to larger society and also (perhaps more importantly) showcased these themes/ideas through the gameplay.

If you can think of any more evidence to support your claim beyond the inclusion of the parasites, I'd like to see it.
>>
>>332123112
its a continuance of mgs2. its kojima watching the world unfold as it has these past few years.
>>
>>332124267
My point still stands.

If Kojima's intent really was to commentate on society, then it's a laughably bad attempt considering that the inclusion of the parasites is the only way in which it's achieved.
>>
>>332124771
>'m-metaphors in my video games?!'
>>
>>332118462
Absolutely.
>>
File: 145513848238.png (56 KB, 364x271) Image search: [Google]
145513848238.png
56 KB, 364x271
What's up with faggots caring SO much about the story?
And no, I'm not someone who started the MG franchise with MGSV, but MGSV had amazing gameplay and yet people constantly bash it for having mediocre story.
What the fuck happened to caring about gameplay? freaking tumblrfags, go play your cinematic experience if you get triggered by COPULATION so much.
>>
>>332124884
Even if it is a metaphor, the problem is that it's the ONLY metaphor in the game.

If you want to make a social commentary without looking like a fedora-tipping teenager, you need to make sure the commentary runs through almost every element of the work- MGS2 understood this, which is why it worked there and not here.
>>
>>332125235
good mechanics =/= good gameplay. You actually need decent level design and variety in order to keep the game from getting boring.
>>
>>332125235
Gameplay is repetitive and honestly not even that great, it's just great compared to the rest of the MGS games because the gameplay was so contrived in those. Besides, MGS is a series built on story and commentary, if you wanted good gameplay you never picked one of these games up.
>>
>>332125468
>>332125562
confirmed for never playing the game and the series and generally just plebs with shit tier opinions which can be used as bait without any issues. not even the guy who you faggots are replying to btw.
>>
File: Screenshot (893).png (282 KB, 781x376) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (893).png
282 KB, 781x376
>>332126452
Sure.
>>
>>332125562
When you look at them in the context of their time mgs1, mgs2, and mgs3 all had deep, interesting gameplay.
>>
>>332127881
They all fell to the wayside of more competent actions games and were only relevant in terms of gameplay for a short period - see MGS2 and Splinter Cell, made even worse because MGS3 inherited its baggage. MGS4 was competent but not amazing, with a lot of clunk from all the systems it inherited from the past games and a lot of new ones that were overly complex or mostly useless. MGS1 was clunky, but it played well, for the time - although it was very much its own thing and not trying to ape the controls of an action game.
>>
>>332118462
>now
MGS4 was also a disaster
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.