[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some moments in games that were completely out of place?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 12
File: batman-vs-superman-apokolips.gif (570 KB, 500x208) Image search: [Google]
batman-vs-superman-apokolips.gif
570 KB, 500x208
What are some moments in games that were completely out of place?
>>
Peter Stillman's entire chapter.
>>
Any on-rails turret moment in any game ever
>>
The pseudo-VN section of Nier when you seek out that tree place is a bit out of place. It's an odd game as is, but it's typically an action game. Then you get a spot where you read text on a darkened screen for like ten minutes about past lives. It's strange.

Another game that has a weird moment is Dying Light. Towards the end the main character starts to hallucinate due to slowly becoming a zombie, but to show that they give the player this dream-like Far Cry moment where you stumble along platforms listening to melodramatic dialogue. It's a fun game and the story was actually something that interested me in parts, but that sequence felt completely out of nowhere.
>>
In the last Alice game.It feels like they put the whole China level just because they are based there and McGee is some kind of Chinaboo.

Maybe it has some Carrol connection to justify it that I haven't heard of.
>>
>>332107246
Sino and Weeaboism were actually all the rage in the Victorian era, it was 'exotic'
And kimonos were way less of a bitch to move around in for women in comparison to the fifteen piece monstrosities that were the norm then.
>>
>>332105910
That scene wasn't out of place at all. It was inviting the audience into the mind of Batman, to see his fears, and empathize with his justification for wanting Superman dead.

Also it looked fucking awesome.
>>
In Sin and Punishment: Star Successor, after your first fight with Deko, your female partner gets incapacitated due to plot reasons, and then, I shit you not, it turns into a fucking fighting game, camera angle and all, it is such a random, jarring shift. Deko could pull fucking flash kicks.
>>
>>332105910

That trippy scene in Twilight Princess. I have no clue what they were going for with that one...
>>
>>332106263
Most of Gears of War 2 then
>>
best part of the movie
>>
>>332107746
It isnt in batman's mind. It is the future when Darksied invades and uses his essence on superman. Only the audience sees this sequence not the movie characters. Flash then warns Batman but he doesnt convey any of what is actually happening only that sups does turn out bad
>>
The fighting game section of Xenogears.
https://youtu.be/azshYRWtLUU
>>
File: 7qrqY.jpg (245 KB, 1697x932) Image search: [Google]
7qrqY.jpg
245 KB, 1697x932
>>
File: witnessed1.png (1 MB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
witnessed1.png
1 MB, 970x545
>>332105910
Mad Max: Superman's Road
best scene in the movie
>>
>>332105910
Why the fuck is everything so yellow
>>
>>332108174

I think this is where I stopped playing

Fuck were they thinking
>>
>>332108108
Did you not see the part where Bruce wakes up immediately after that? Or the part where he wakes up again after the Flash sequence?

Whether or not either of those are real is up to the audience, but what I originally said still stands. It was supposed to convey Batman's fears of Superman to the audience.
>>
File: 1457912072575.jpg (86 KB, 694x474) Image search: [Google]
1457912072575.jpg
86 KB, 694x474
>>332106263
That ruined Max Payne 3 for me. Why did they have to include that fucking bullshit?
>>
>>332108275
Because it's a dream sequence.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (41 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
41 KB, 1280x720
sort of
>>
>>332108321
Well there is no way he could know about flash or darksied so it cant be a dream.
>>
>>332108320
I think the point they were trying to convey was that if you remove the violence and bloodshed, the game becomes shit. There's nothing else to it, and that's the general message of both games.
>>
>>332105910
The last parts of farcry where you encounter the mutants
>>
File: TLS.jpg (15 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
TLS.jpg
15 KB, 300x225
it was a nice break from all the fighting though
>>
>>332108475
>>332108321
It's not a dream simply because the effects of the Flash's warning message are present in the room when Bruce wakes up. You see papers flying around. That being said original anon is correcting in saying it has a dual purpose of showing the audience what Batman feels could potentially happen.
>>
>>332108475
Darkseid wasn't in that sequence. And I get what you're saying, but you're missing the point.

You're SUPPOSED to think it's a dream sequence. Hence, it's not out of place.
>>
>>332108409
But it isnt.

>>332108108
>>332108108
>>
>>332108667
How do you know Bruce wasn't dreaming about the future?
>>
>>332108321

There was so much reference to Darkseid in this but nothing that would have made it clear to the normal fag audience that they were referencing a villain and not just Batman being a fucking psycho.

>Omega Symbol
>Firepits
>Parademons
>Demons coming from above
>The bells
>The fucking bells referencing the Return of Bruce Wayne and Final Crisis of all things

All this without directly connecting it to Darkseid is great for comic fans but must have been confusing as shit for normies .
>>
>>332108275
They're in Mexico
>>
>>332108536
make sense yeah
>>
>>332108662
Darksied was not shown but the giant omega and parademons were. There is no way Batman could know about that so it isnt a dream. As far as I know flash could not show that to him only vaguely warn him. So that entire sequence was only shown to the audience rather than present Batman
>>
>>332108917
Well, going back the original point of the argument. I do realize it was meant to also be a vision of the future, but the point still stands that it was presented to the audience as a dream sequence, with the intention of displaying Batman's fears, and for that reason it is not out of place at all.

I'm not in any way denying that it has to do with the future, where Superman joins Darkseid. I was simply stating that OP is baiting with that gif.
>>
File: mission14_01.jpg (31 KB, 500x351) Image search: [Google]
mission14_01.jpg
31 KB, 500x351
Maybe it was just me, but the game was far more fun when it was just about the Carrington Institute and dataDyne. I know the aliens were actually pretty significant to the plot, but it all just felt so out of place to me.
>>
every scene in GTAV

its like half the team were writing a crime drama and the other half were writing Saints Row and they just mashed them together.
>>
Ravenholm
>>
>>332105910
When this song plays in this game.
https://youtu.be/OAIlXaOFG_g
>>
>>332108769
>>332108769
Well that is certainly a possibility but improbable since no iteration of him has ever shown him to have such strong premonition
>>
>>332109189

I think it was a dual level thing like you mentioned, I believe it's both indicative of Bruce's fear and paranoia but also as a possible future that the Flash attempts to undo.

My issue is that normal movie goers would only see it as Bruce's wild fear dream and for that purpose it's weird as shit to the casual viewer.

I hope they tie it up in Justice League, otherwise it's just going to stand out as a really weird moment. I know about Parademons and even for me it was surreal.
>>
>>332108360
And as the LAST gameplay segment of the game, too. It just seems like the designers spitting in the face of what makes Max Payne Max Payne to cap off a slo-mo dodge-jumpy run-and-gunner with a damn turret chase.
>>
File: tmp_4866-images1265195363.png (19 KB, 739x415) Image search: [Google]
tmp_4866-images1265195363.png
19 KB, 739x415
>>332105910
This game and its Sequel "drug moments" holy shit, those were so bad that almost ruined the entire game for me.

I always ended up felling kinda "weird" the following chapter after i finished those, cant even explain it.

I dont know whow thought those were a good idea.
>>
>>332109242

With you on this homeboi. This is why GTA IV will always be a better game for me, if only for one reason (hint: there are many more). The story was just so coherent and progressed wonderfully. Fuck Rockstar circa 2011 and up. Turned to complete shite. Ruined two of my favorite franchises.
>>
>>332105910
Are we talkin out of place in a positive way or a negative way?
In Batman Arkham city the mad hatter sequence felt out of place in a pretty cool way.
>>
>slaughter a bar room full of people
>go downstairs
>play guitar for scared child whose parents you likely just murdered
>give him Apple
CITIZEN KANE
>>
>>332109752

>people who whine about the drug sections

Just a punk ass bitch who can't handle shit. Weak stomach faggot. Those games are too good for you.
>>
The world war 1 section in the Darkness comes out of left field. It's still a really cool part of the game.
>>
File: fmp1.jpg (23 KB, 450x254) Image search: [Google]
fmp1.jpg
23 KB, 450x254
>>332109685
I stopped playing sometime during the bus turret section. Fuck that. I liked the early and mid game though.
>>
>>332109647
I remember explaining my girlfriend that dream/future sequences, about who Darkseid is, How Flash can travel to the past, and how Superman can turn evil, which led me to explain the whole Flashpoint and Injustice timelines, and she was STILL a bit confused after that.

I cant even tell how confused that whole scene must've been for regular viewers
>>
>>332109971

>Kids in masks
>Poorly done stealth segment
>The game's single jump scare
>The city manages to attack the 80s with turn of the century weaponry
>>
>>332110363
>I cant even tell how confused that whole scene must've been for regular viewers
It shouldn't be confusing at all.

To be honest, I know who Darkseid is, but I didn't notice the parademons, and wouldn't have remembered them if I had. I thought the Flash was Cyborg, because I don't know dick about Cyborg, and I figured "well maybe he has some time travel ability or something"

To me, it wasn't confusing because it just seemed like a dream, and the Cyborg came back in time to give a cryptic warning.

Obviously I was wrong, but I'm sure that's something along the lines of what most people think.
>>
>>332109971
BUT MY WAIFU SINGS AND IT'S ART
>>
>>332110363
It doesnt even make sense if you know about all that because Batman cant see into the future so how is all of this conveyed to him which it is implied to be through "dreams". The only possibility I can think of is if darkseid is deliberately showing him this because it seems like the hyper adapter/Barbados was used in other dream sequences. But as far as I know darkseid isnt capable of that and why would he
>>
File: return+of+bruce+wayne+4+pg+2.jpg (55 KB, 584x226) Image search: [Google]
return+of+bruce+wayne+4+pg+2.jpg
55 KB, 584x226
>>332110363

This was my issue, they loaded these scenes with a lot and either they're going to do nothing with it or they're going to have to explain it all.
>>
File: bell.jpg (44 KB, 380x457) Image search: [Google]
bell.jpg
44 KB, 380x457
>>332110886

Although now I'm hoping that the solo Batfleck film is the Return of Bruce Wayne.
>>
File: -2053521312.jpg (24 KB, 280x224) Image search: [Google]
-2053521312.jpg
24 KB, 280x224
>>332106263
Does the fucking asteriod shooting in Dead Space count?
>>
>>332110886
The ending scene with Lex builds up Darkseid pretty obviously. I mean, who else could it be that he was talking about.

I think it's pretty clear they intend on using him for the main baddie of JL.

I just hope they get Michael Ironside to voice him,
>>
>>332109867

GTAIV actually got driving right as well, and everyone complained.

I'm glad now in GTAV every single car handles the same and goes slow as fuck until I grind my driving skills and pay million in upgrades...
>>
>>332110736
They could argue that the dream sequences he sees It's something that came from a future version of himself, caused by Flash's time travelling sheannigans.

I dont know, the scene doesnt have to make perfect sense, but i do agree with
>>332110886

In the sense that they loaded that part with so much shit, that It's either gonna be imposible for them to use all of it, or gonna have a really hard time doing it
>>
>>332111092

What is the pop culture awareness of Darkseid and what are the odds they're rushing out Justice League so Darkseid doesn't get written off as a Thanos rip off?

I assume that most people thought Lex was being really melodramatic about Braniac.
>>
>>332109752

That section where you are forced to walk on this thin red line, surrounded by empty space?

Yeah, what the shit was that?
>>
>>332111476
There is the issue of Darkseid and Thanos. I thought of that as well, and considered maybe they would use Brainiac. but I don't know. I highly doubt they would use Brainiac. He just doesn't seem like he would translate as well to scree, but I could be wrong.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Brainiac want Superman alive to download his memories or something? It doesn't seem like he would choose to come as a result of the last Kryptonian dying.
>>
>>332111490
Max was drugged and he was allucinating.

The whole thing sucked so much that Sam lake decided to use it again in the same game, and then something similar in the Sequel.

Dont ask
>>
>>332111724
Im not incredibly knowledgeable but it seems the AI inside the spaceship develops into brainiac
>>
>>332111724

Brainiac would be good for a Man of Steel 3 and I think the World Engine scene laid some excellent visual groundwork for Braniac as did the other Kryptonian technology. As well as this he's got the codex in his cells so he would be Braniac's number one target.

Justice League has to be Darkseid, I don't see any other option at this point.
>>
>>332111091

Those weren't very spooky so yeah, it seemed like it was just a case of; 'we're in space, let's have a turret section'.
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.