[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Nothing is true >Everything is permitted What do they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: assassins creed.jpg (7 KB, 186x186) Image search: [Google]
assassins creed.jpg
7 KB, 186x186
>Nothing is true
>Everything is permitted

What do they mean by this?
>>
yolo
>>
i really fucking hope ubisoft dies this generation
>>
>>332105559

There's a cutscene in the first game which explains it a bit.

I'm sure the sequels contradicted everything in that cutscene though.
>>
Ezio explained it in Revelations I think.
>>
Ezio did explained it in the Revelation.
One of my expectation of playing Assassin Creed game is to see different protagonists have their different interpetation on this creed.
>>
>>332105352
some bullshit fucking phrase with absolutely no meaning to get a maymay goin
>>
File: asscreedlogo.jpg (145 KB, 864x1296) Image search: [Google]
asscreedlogo.jpg
145 KB, 864x1296
>>332105352
all i see is a cat nose
>>
>>332105352
Ordo Ab Chao.
It is the definition of pure evil, the assassins were always evil.
>>
>>332106560
ordo ad chaos you fucking plebeian
>>
>nothing is true
People can only see a truth in front of them that is given to them. When that turth is unraveled and another truth is found, start from the previous point.
>everything is permitted
There are no rules, despite what the current certainty is. And this is why assassins are always "delinquents".
That is how I understood it anyway. To find depth in it is trivial, but that is what makes most sense to me given the context of the series.
>>
>>332106560
>the assassins were always evil

Well no shit. They're running around and murdering randoms. Of course they're evil.
>>
>>332107097
>>332106560
They actually have the same goals as the Templars, to uncover an ultimate truth. But their endgame is different, in that the Assassins believe they should be free and will use the truth do so, and Templars would use it to instill order. Obviously Templars are the more peaceful way and more sensible overall, but AC aims for the "FUCK YOU DAD ITS MY LIFE I CAN DO WHAT I WANT BECAUSE IM A FREE PERSON" demographic. Rogue is so great because it shows that the Assassins are edgy incompetent assclowns that get everybody killed for no fucking reason other than they can't handle order and don't understand comeraderie.
>>
a shitty anarchist meme tier philosophy

the templars represent fascism and fascism is le bad
>>
>>332106560
>defending yourself against barbaric christians and sunnis is evil

wew lad
>>
>>332105352
Every fucking game before 3 they explained it
>>
File: bullet king.jpg (174 KB, 630x930) Image search: [Google]
bullet king.jpg
174 KB, 630x930
they made a good game, it's called the division.

normies and /v/ hate it though
>>
What's the problem OP, too deep for you?
>>
they meant the animus is a shit storytelling device
>>
>>332109061
I'm gonna stick my dick in a beehive

Why are bees stinging me?
>>
Thelemite teachings.
Fucking thelemites.
>>
>>332109528
What was the point of the entire sci fi shit anyways.
Wouldn't the historical settings alone not be compelling enough?
>>
>>332110075
nothing is real, everything is permitted

it's a giant mantra for excommunicated history drop outs to feel important when they have a piece of video game media to call their own.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.