[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So since Phil has become worse than Don Mattrick. I expect a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9
File: image.jpg (43 KB, 589x317) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43 KB, 589x317
So since Phil has become worse than Don Mattrick. I expect a blunder At e3
>>
>Phil
>not the best vidya CEO
>>
Aren't you guys hyped for Xbox 1.5?
>>
Why would you buy the same console twice?
>>
I think it's kinda early but this is my MS E3 predictions

-New more powerful Xbawks, now you can play games at 1080p instead of 720p

-New Banjo game finally announced

-Scalebound

-Crackdown 3

-ReCore (also on PC)

-Sea of Thieves (also on PC)

-Multiplats
>>
File: 1445371876931.jpg (36 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1445371876931.jpg
36 KB, 480x360
>>332099095
>Follows femfreq
>Apologized for the over blown GDC fiasco
>Somehow the best vidya CEO
LOL
>>
>>332099095
>killing the xbox brand
>best vidya ceo

For pcfags maybe
>>
>>332099095
He's the nicest guy in the industry but his business decisions around windows10/xbox1 lately have been very questionable

>>332099190
Phil kinda confirmed an upgradeable xbox but he also kinda dismissed it afterwards

>>332099550
>another banjo Kazooie
Have you ever heard of Yooka Layle? It's basically true third sequel of banjo kazooie
>>
>>332100010

Come on uniting both the two best fanbases (pcfriends and xbros) is the best move in history

Only one fanbase would be mad at that and it ain't nintendo
>>
>E3 not for another 90ish days
>already talking about it
>>
what's he supposed to say?

he have nothing really exciting coming this year fellow xbots?

He's no different than Mattrick. He was on that stage as well when they announced the Xbone.
>>
>>332100150
>Big industry event
>Surprised they're planning 2 months ahead
>>
>>332100057
>Have you ever heard of Yooka Layle?

Yeah, i know but they have hinted a new Banjo several times.
>>
>>332100057
>Phil kinda confirmed an upgradeable xbox but he also kinda dismissed it afterwards
Do you have the quotes, by any chance? I thought I remember him basically nixing opening up the console like a PC, but he absolutely did not dismiss shorter hardware cycles.

I'm expecting an Xbox Two holiday 2017.
>>
>>332100102
This is the most embarrassing post I've ever seen.
>>
>>332100250
>i-it'll be good
>>
>>332100250
>>332100150
They start planning for E3 in January man
>>
>>332099550
>>332100264
Rare is getting shut down and Banjo is dead, not sure how you fell under this delusion.
>>
>>332100267
Here. He said gen cycles are to long, and sticking with the Xbox One and making a new SDK that is upgradeable is the future. He then backed down defending gen cycles saying 5-8 years is fine, after the backlash. Same with his "you need a GPU twice the cost of teh console to run sim spec".
http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/223914-xbox-chief-wants-to-build-a-fully-upgradeable-xbox-one
>>
>>332100267
Given Sony's mention of a PS4.5 it seems likely that they're both on board with the idea of selling people more consoles faster with fewer upgrades than a full gen change. It's coming.
>>
File: Banjo-Kazooie-Xbox-One-Demo.png (718 KB, 1280x797) Image search: [Google]
Banjo-Kazooie-Xbox-One-Demo.png
718 KB, 1280x797
>>332100421
Look, i know that Rare and Banjo are dead as fuck and MS is pissing on their grave, but a Banjo game has been heavily rumored for a while (not like i care)
>>
>>332100478
Oh, I definitely think they both want to do it. And I hope the market rejects it.
>>
File: 1443475087306.gif (2 MB, 177x150) Image search: [Google]
1443475087306.gif
2 MB, 177x150
>>332100765
>And I hope the market rejects it.
>>
>>332100478
Replacing your hardware only 2 years in the generation is dumb

You could say many things about MS but they're not that stupid
>>
File: conker.png (274 KB, 633x423) Image search: [Google]
conker.png
274 KB, 633x423
Post yfw MS announce a new Conker game
>>
>>332101032
I think they're trying to turn the console market into the phone market. Get rid of discreet hardware generations and just have continual hardware and software updates year by year.

Obviously there are huge issues with this plan, but I think they're still gonna try.

Xbox One.1 and PS4.5 are just them testing the waters.
>>
File: cuphead.jpg (135 KB, 940x529) Image search: [Google]
cuphead.jpg
135 KB, 940x529
Where the Cuphead at?

If it doesn't come out this year it's officially vaporware.
>>
>>332101231
What the fuck are you on about man?

Do you know nothing about game development?

Do you know how much time it takes to create a game like Grand theft auto?

Replacing console hardware every year? Are you insane?
>>
>>332100281

Nani
>>
>>332101231
After the massive losses of the 7th generation for both MS and Sony despite selling well, I think we're seeing the trend of moving away from Tom Kalinske's "give them the razor, sell them the blades" strategy at SEGA.

But instead of adopting the strategy Nintendo used to use from NES through GC, where they would wait until the could either make a small profit or break even on hardware out of the gate, even if it meant delaying the console, MS and Sony are going to make the most powerful APU consoles they can without taking a loss and just replace them sooner.
>>
>>332101526
Nobody is suggesting a new console every year. Just re-releasing the same console with more memory, faster CPU/GPU etc. The new consoles are already essentially PCs inside and they want to have rolling hardware improvement like the PC does to stay competitive.
>>
>>332101526

What he was talking about was that they have a platform standard that all titles use so every future console is backwards compatible from day 1. There's supposed to be an announcement at the big MS Developers conference next week regarding it.
>>
>>332101234
I really hope it's not just boss battles:the game and I also really hope if there are some narratives, the cutscenes will be 1930's style animation. If one of the two is the case, it would really make me happy
>>
>>332101526
Think about iPhones. They're constantly releasing new revisions and updating the OS, but it's still an iPhone. Bought an iOS game 5 years ago on an iPhone 4? you can still play it now on current iPhone. Hell you can still play new games on the old iPhones but they run like shit now.

Thats what the future of consoles is looking like.
>>
>>332102098
Isn't the phone market showing signs of slowing down, though? The console market sure is. It already seems to take years and years to get a game out the door and exploding budgets with a stagnating user base means higher cost burden on the end user.
>>
>>332102326
I think it's a response to consoles constantly getting shat on as people moved to the PC at the end of the last generation, the consoles couldn't stay competitive after 7-8 years without upgrades and people moved on.

They thought the new consoles would save them as they always had but the PS4 and Xbox One versions of games already started looking shitty and dated in comparison to the PC in less than a year. Framerate bitching was rightly all over the place and the overwhelming sentiment amongst the press and gamers was "If you wants the best experience get a PC" still. And with buying and managing PC gaming being more accessible and retard proof than ever consoles were actually starting to feel the pressure.

They want powerful machines that can compete with PCs and that means updating hardware constantly rather than twice a decade.
>>
>>332102326

Nope. It's just become more console like in that there's only two big players now in Apple and Samsung and the red ocean means that unless you are doing it cheaply like chinkbricks, you are fucked. Other manufacturers like HTC and Sony are being pushed out of the market
>>
>>332098792
Maybe it's because I lost interest in vidya long ago once I joined a fuckhuge software company and most of my life now revolves around dealing with techdebt and scope creep and other bullshit, but am I the only one who reads this as a 'good job team, congratulations on the launch' message from a CEO?
>>
>>332103090
>Nope
So articles like this are wrong?
http://www.engadget.com/2015/08/20/gartner-world-smartphone-market-slowing/
>>
>>332098792
You slow m8? We like Phil now that he threw xbox under the bus. PC ftw
>>
>>332103123
Nah, you're right. Obviously it is partially marketing since it's being done in a public way but it's innocent enough.

Game obsessed teenagers just look for anything to get "triggered" over.
>>
File: PC CUCKS SMILEYFACE.png (92 KB, 668x556) Image search: [Google]
PC CUCKS SMILEYFACE.png
92 KB, 668x556
>>332101748
>>332101885
>>332102098

And WHO is going to optimize the games for all these variations?

>>332102803
Stop talking out of your ass boy.PC gaming is not mainstream gaming.
No one gives a shit about framerates outside of the autismal gaming forums and such.

People know what they get when they buy a PS4 or XBOX1. They want a dedicated machine that plays games and they know that devs optimize their games for that specific machine the best they can that is good enough.
>>
>>332103595

Are those physical releases only?
>>
>>332103309
Not him but just because it's an article that makes it right? Who wrote it? What's their background? Who owns that website? Is it a "sponsored article"? What's their source? How credible is it?
>>
>>332103595
>People know what they get when they buy a PS4 or XBOX1. They want a dedicated machine that plays games
It's not quite so dedicated when nearly half the system's RAM can't even be used for games.
>>
>>332103595
All that picture shows me is that people who play on the superior platform also have a superior taste in games.
>>
>>332103595
>no Steam or UPlay sales
PC is definitely the third wheel, but your pick is fucking retarded.
>>
>>332103710
The article has lots of links to the supporting information it used to make its claim. It would be a lot more efficient for you to go through them yourself than have me make post after post after post outlining every supporting source.
>>
>>332104017
not the guy you've been talking to but hardware refresh wouldn't work the same as the cellphone market not would they expect it to.

the smartphone market's slowing because there's no way any market could sustain the absurd adoption rates they've achieved since 07-08.
hardware changes have become increasingly incremental, software isn't pushing that hardware and consumers are happier to hold on to their phones longer than they did before / buy mid-tier phones. the only way they could have sustained growth is if they continued to sell at similar profit margins, at huge volumes in developing countries but those margins aren't there.

a console refresh cycle would be much, much slower than the absurd annual/bi-annual model some of the smartphone manufacturers have pursued. assuming a ps4.5 comes out this holidy season the cycle will be set to 3 years. you'll have 2 skus in circulation till 2019 when things actually get interesting:
at that point sony/msft have a choice: keep the ps4.5 viable as a low-end ps5 or cut it off from the majority of titles released on the ps5. i personally believe it'll be the latter, and you'll see another mid-cycle refresh for the ps5.
>>
File: download (13).jpg (9 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
download (13).jpg
9 KB, 275x183
>>332098792
>"you want offline? go fuck yourself, buy our older console"
>"you must be in a nuclear sub or something if you want offline"
>"daily online check-ins are not so bad"
>"your games cannot be traded"

How is this better than Phil?
>>
>>332098792
The blunder is obvious. Literally every game they announce will be coming out on Windows 10, and half the conference will be talking about how great it is to play their games on Windows 10, and how everyone should be doing it. Most of the conference will be Phil trying to sell Windows 10, not the Xbox One. They have given up on those people, and just expect them to buy a Xbox One if they don't want Windows 10.
>>
>>332099550
Phil has explained already. Rare's priority is to build a foundation with games based on new IPs. He said it would be a boring waste to keep them focused on rehashes.
>>
File: 1457029430842.png (849 KB, 1424x761) Image search: [Google]
1457029430842.png
849 KB, 1424x761
>>332098792
Yeah, nah, Phil is a bro. It's not easy to fix Ballmer and Mattrick's fuck ups in so few time.
>>
>>332100102
Which is the easier pill to swallow? Buying a Xbox One? Or giving in to using Windows 10?
>>
>>332100264
No they did not. New Ips are their priority. They don't want to waste time on rehashes anymore.
>>
>>332100643
People also thought we were getting a new banjo game last year. And the year before that. People think this every E3, and it never happens.
>>
>>332107891
>>332108028
Oh that's cool, so that means i won't have to give a shit about Rare anymore.
>>
>>332108296
>Phil: "We want Rare to work on newer and more creative ideas then just focusing on the past. They are more creative then that, and it shouldn't be wasted on making repeat experiences"
>"No new Banjo? Then I quit Rare"

You don't happen to be a Paper Mario or Metroid fan do you?
>>
>>332108579
Neo-Rare has been producing pure shit only, so i don't really care about their new IP's

Neo-Nintendo is shit too but sometimes they create enjoyable games.

Man, modern gaming is utter shit.
>>
I'm still waiting for Microsoft to give me a reason to own a Xbox one.

Because so far its shaping up to be just a shittier PS4 / PC and only good for multiplats. Even thats shit because its underpowered.
>>
>>332102098
Consoles are not phones, tvs are not phones. People buy phones yearly because they use phones daily and serve a variety of purposes.

Consoles are mainly just media centers people hook up to tvs. And most people upgrade tvs once every 8 years.
>>
Answer me this. How are console gens going to keep gettig shorter if we're already hitting the wall in lrocessing power. Companies are already renouncing Poe's Law and have said upgrades will be less frequent than in the past.
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.