[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ARKHAM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (131 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
131 KB, 1280x720
Did you bother doing any of Riddler shit in the Arkham games?
>>
>>332096434
no because I hate collectathon shit in any game
>>
only in the arkham knight
>>
>>332096434
All Arkhams Batman 100%. Of Course.
>>
Hi diddle diddle, it's time for a riddle.you just read that in my voice
>>
>>332096434
Yep. I like 'em.
>>
I did it in every game other than Origins. The fucked up multiplayer killed any incentive to go through and get everything for the platinum trophy.
>>
>>332097809
This. As a fellow trophy slut, having shoed in multiplayer on a single player franchise is a annoying as fuck.
>>
I only did 100% in Asylum, sandbox ones have just too much of his shit, I got as far as saving all hostages in city and freeing Catwoman in Knight and called it a day. Don't remember if I did anything at all in Origin, but that game sucked ass anyway.
>>
>>332096434
In Citty and Knight I did. I haven't gone back to the first game and didn't like Origins, so I didn't get them all there. I don't know how anyone could let that smug prick taunt them all the time and not be compelled to finish him off in Arkham Knight.his is one of the most satisfying beat-downs in all of video games
>>
The ones in Knight are fucking tedious as hell, especially the ones with the batmobile. I stopped 1/2 through, I skipped origin and 100% asylum and city though.
>>
>>332097526
That depends are you Flanders?
>>
>>332096434
I did it in all of them. I enjoyed it too, which is weird because I don't usually do collectibles.
>>
>>332096434
Only in Arkham Asylum when they all actually felt like riddles and puzzles. Asylum overall was the only one with heart put into it compared to the hackmeat slideshow of Batman's rogue gallery that the rest of the series was.
>>
>>332096434
I finished Knight 100% on my first playthrough for the Secret ending which sucked hard
>>
>>332096434
No, they suck
>>
>>332098846
Yup. I youtubed it and I'm glad I didn't put any time into it. Appearantly all the side-missions are big disappointments as well
>>
The only games where I like collecting things are banjo-kazooie/tooie. In other games, especially assassin's creed ones, it's boring as shit.
>>
>>332099239
Best moment in the game was the deathstroke "bossfight" such a let down

https://youtu.be/k9ntzaNDgGk?t=4m21s
>>
>>332100163
Better than his "fight" in Origin, which was just QTE where you could slightly mode Batman around.
>>
>>332096434
>your reward for doing all the stupid riddler shit in Origins is a goddamn fucking Riddler trophy

IT'S LIKE THEY WERE TAUNTING US
>>
>>332100163
I actually enjoyed it, but I'm certainly in the minority, because I really liked the Batmobile.
>>332100293
Origin felt off. The combo system seemed to randomly drop. I would do a flying kick at a guy and it would connect, but the combo would drop like I got hit. It wasn't that way in City or Knight.
>>
>>332096434
Did it in Asylum and City.
>>
What came to the top of my head in the first.

Ignored it in the second.

Then i thought about it in the third and it triggered me so much i stopped playing actually. I realized that, in universe, he had to put together literally billions of dollars of technology / surveillance equipment in like, at the drop of a hat.

There are literally walls of buzz saws that you have to manouver a fucking Bat Mobile through. I'm not even that autistic, but i just thought it was beyond anything else in the laws of ridiculousness to ask me to believe this. I would believe a super powered shit born from fairy dust and hobo feces as a supervillain more than this shit.
>>
>>332101054
The fights were tedious in special against the cobra tanks(the ones you only can attack from behind).

But the biggest disappointment was that there were no real bosses in the game. Arkham City had many great boss fights.

The driving with the batmobile was fun.
>>
>>332101791
He had robots to build shit for him I think. Though I can't remember if he built the robots himself or just found them in Wonder City.
>>
>>332101054
>Origin felt off.
It was a lazy, cashgrab sequel. Of course it did.
>>
>>332102202
>Arkham City had many great boss fights
Arkham city had Mr. Freeze and maybe Solomon Grundy if we're generous. The rest were crap either way.
>>
>>332102912
Wasn't even made by Rocksteady or their b-team, just plain different developer and quite obviously attempting to get tighter with the movie. Reminded of Prince of Persia: forgotten sands in that regard, it too was rather distant from its franchise and was doing its best to look like it has something to do with the movie.
>>
>>332103048
I liked the fight against Razalgul
>>
Of course, only plebs leave a game unfinished
>>
I couldn't let this asshole keep shit talking me over my mike so I went after him.

What pisses me off is in origins you get fuck all for doing his shit.
>>
In Asylum I got all the Riddler shit.

In City I kinda gave up, maybe I'll finish it one day.

On Knight I'm still on it.
>>
>>332103807
Yeah that pissed me off. You just collect a trophy. No justice. When someone talks that much shit, you need to be able to fuck him up.
>>
I did it in Asylum, City and Knight. I barely got through Origin's story, let alone doing the Riddler puzzles. I got the radio towers or whatever and that was it.
>>
>Arkham Asylum
Oh, I can't get this trophy yet. I'll come back later
>Arkham City
I can't figure this out, maybe I don't have the right gadget yet
>Arkham Knight
Goddamn fucking cockass, where the fuck is this trophy? Wait, the batmobile? Goddamn it why isn't the winch attaching?

Fuck Arkham Knight's bullshit. Also I hate the layout of the world map, everything is more layered in Knight than it was in City but the map does a terrible job of showing you where to go
>>
Finished the game, looked up the ending on Youtube then turned the game around for $45 on ebay. The Riddler shit felt cool in the first one but now is just there to pad the game out, especially those car puzzles.
>>
I 100%'d arkham city, most of the Riddler puzzles were pretty clever. A lot of Arkham Origins was just copy/paste so I didn't care enough to do it. Right now I'm 0% in Arkham Knight.
>>
>>332098835
City had 2x the heart that Asylum did. City went completely crazy in trying to fit every Batman villain ever into the game, but it felt like they actually wanted to do it.
>>
File: gw733.jpg (97 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
gw733.jpg
97 KB, 1920x1080
please finish [FUN]
>>
How is Arkham Knight now ? would it be at least playable on Windows 10 with 8GB of RAM and a GTX 670 or does really it need 12BG of RAM on 10 to not stutter constantly ?
>>
>>332106536
Not very good, you still get freezes every now and then, in fact all I think they fixed was rain texture. But I can't say it ruined my enjoyment of the game, out of the whole trilogy I'd put it second after Asylum.
>>
>>332106536
PC version is literally broken I wouldn't even attempt it
>>
>>332106841
>>332106854
Thanks I guess it depend on what we call playable.
I could endure it at 25fps with the occasional freeze but not if it's a buggy slideshow
>>
File: 14275937036.jpg (160 KB, 1024x640) Image search: [Google]
14275937036.jpg
160 KB, 1024x640
>>332096434
Yes 100% all of them. Even the mediocre Origins.
>>
>>332107432
You're fine then, and fps is pretty consistent, but depending on settings you put it'll have 1-2-second freezes when you're going too fast and the world can't reliably load. I have 780Ti and had to put settings to medium-high with 1440p res in order to not have freezes even at top traveling speed.
>>
File: harley.jpg (318 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
harley.jpg
318 KB, 1920x1080
>>332098835
>Only in Arkham Asylum when they all actually felt like riddles and puzzles
Say what? City and Knight actually had an environmental puzzle for each trophy which is some serious fucking dedication on Rocksteady's part.

They're one of the few devs that I'll get every game from no question.
>>
>>332096434
Only in the last one where you get to fight his robot form.

Those challenges are type boring to me.
>>
Only for Asylum. I didn't think any of those dumb little batarang and platform puzzles were fun in the others. Lining up the dot on the question mark was fun-ish but it was just fussy enough to be a pain.
>>
>>332096434
In all Arkham games but Knight.

I can't bring myself to do it in Knight, even though i'm locked out of the game ending until I do it.
>>
>>332107753
thanks that seems playable enough for that kind of game
>>
>>332098835

Yep, Aslylum was the best.
City was too busy and aimless. Origins was okay but flawed.

Haven't played Knight yet.
>>
>>332109001
>>332098835

Preach it brothers
>>
>>332098835
>>332109001
I always liked City more, felt like a true successor. Origins disapointed me with the story and I really liked AK, even though I didn't felt like playing a new game + (which happened with both Asylum and City). The atention to detail is absurd, though, and I'm a sucker for well designed environments which this game has a lot
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.