[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You did uncheck this box, right? I mean, you can't seriously
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: mouseproperties.png (38 KB, 463x508) Image search: [Google]
mouseproperties.png
38 KB, 463x508
You did uncheck this box, right?

I mean, you can't seriously be playing PC games with that option enabled.

Consider this a quick test to determine whether you should just switch back to consoles. If you didn't uncheck that box immediately after installing Windows, maybe Xbox One or PlayStation 4 is the right system for you. Because you clearly don't know what the fuck you're doing on a PC.
>>
I don't play FPS garbage.
>>
>>332080598
Oh you! LOL XD :P :P :D
>>
>>332080598
what are you, gay?
>>
Bi-weekly reminder that that option does nothing.
>>
>>332080686
this
>>
Any half decent game uses raw mouse input instead of Windows' you computer illiterate scum.
>>
I put 2000 hours into Planetside 2 without realizing I was playing with mouse acceleration...

Everyday I feel dirty. How did I not know?
>>
uhmmm how exactly does that effect my HOTAS warthog?
>>
>>332080598
Put that slider to the right. Gotta go fast!
>>
>>332080598
Well you really should be using this anyway
http://donewmouseaccel.blogspot.com.au/2010/03/markc-windows-7-mouse-acceleration-fix.html

>In XP, and later Windows versions, Microsoft changed how mouse pointer acceleration worked.
Now when those games call the function (asking that all movement be accelerated), Windows enables the mouse 'Enhance pointer precision' feature, which adds mouse acceleration using a varying curve to control the mouse response. (It enables it even if you have it turned off in the Control Panel Mouse settings.)
>>
>>332081112
See >>332080845
>>
File: 1458926181112.png (71 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1458926181112.png
71 KB, 321x322
>>332081089
>>
>>332080686

Are you implying that a mouse is only for first-person shooters or that mouse acceleration is acceptable in other genres?

>>332080813

If you can't tell the difference, you're a retard.

Turn it on. Move the mouse quickly in one direction, and then slowly back to its original position. The cursor did not return to its original position.

Turn it off. Move the mouse quickly in one direction, and then slowly back to its original position. The cursor returned to its original position.

>>332080845

>implying this isn't better for Windows desktop use as well

If you need enhanced precision to click on things, you're a casual.
>>
>>332081372
>>implying this isn't better for Windows desktop use as well
>If you need enhanced precision to click on things, you're a casual.
Now you're just being autistic.
>>
>>332081154
raw input bypasses that and most games implement it anyway
>>
>>332081463

Sorry, I thought it was funny.

The rest of my post is correct though.
>>
that's the first thing I change after reinstalling/installing Windows
>>
How does this effect me playing Dota or League?
>>
>>332081671
Let's say you move your mouse 5 inches at speed 1. It'll move a certain distance on your screen.
Then, if you have it on, you move your mouse 5 inches at speed 3, it'll move much farther on your screen.
If it's off it'll move the same distance no matter what speed
>>
File: white aint right.jpg (94 KB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
white aint right.jpg
94 KB, 1440x900
>>332081372
using a single monitor then you dont need mouse acel on

using more then one monitor you better be using mouse acel or your a filthy casual PC user.
>>
>>332080598
playing pc since always and also pretty good on online fps. never needed that option. you're just being an autist.
>>
>>332081671

If those games use raw mouse input, it doesn't.

Otherwise, you should be able to see how it affects those games, unless you're the kind of person who also thinks 30 fps looks the same as 60 fps.
>>
>>332081671
it will fuck with your head for a while but if you get used to it turning it off is better
>>
>Turn this off
>RSI happens

Thanks /v/
>>
>>332081801
If you're moving the mouse quickly, you obviously want to move the cursor frther. I fail to see the problem, seems like a straight upgrade.
>>
>>332081953
Consistency and muscle memory
>>
>Having to throw your arm across the room to get to the other side of the screen instead of just flicking your wrist
>>
Been using it on for as long as I can remember, have no issues with it so I don't understand the meme.
>>
>>332081952
>repetitive strain injury

How exactly did the lack of mouse acceleration make your wrist movements more repetitive or more strenuous?
>>
>>332081953

I guess you're just the kind of person who thinks that mouse acceleration is a good thing.

Get out.
>>
>>332082198
it's fine lol
>>
>>332081984
>Muscle memory only works for MY method! Other muscle memory is badong and doesn't exist!
>>
File: gamer cred sheet.png (4 MB, 1702x1000) Image search: [Google]
gamer cred sheet.png
4 MB, 1702x1000
ill just leave this here

also acceleration is for consoles since they cant move precisely

2 crosses = completed
1 cross = played but not completed (also multiplayer)
>>
>All this autism over a fucking checkbox
OP you are a giant fucking fag and you need to kill yourself.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.