[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: Games you've tried to like but just can't.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: index.jpg (10 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
10 KB, 259x194
ITT: Games you've tried to like but just can't.
>>
>>332071990
I should probably say why. Zelda games aren't bad by any stretch of the imagination, I just find them really boring and easy. It's this big adventure with no challenge that becomes more of a chore than anything else.
>>
That's fine OP. Not everything is for everybody. Even something as influential as OOT can just sometimes not gel with people.
>>
>>332072076
Play Zelda II, desu.
>>
>>332071990
Arin pls go!
>>
>>332072415
Played OoT, ALBW, and Oracle of Seasons. It just isn't doing it for me.
>>
>>332072076
That is because you are old and you are from another generation. To properly enjoy that game you had to play it as a kid. It was truly something special back then, today not so much. Just stop bandwagoning, ya'll never love that game like those who where kids when it came out.
>>
Pretty much every fighting game I've ever tried. The genre just isn't for me.
>>
I respect Deus Ex but just can't maintain interest past the first level.
>>
>>332072415
>>332072484
And ALTTP
>>
>>332072076
I thought they were hard when I played them as a kid, but yeah playing them now seems pointless.

The 3D ones that is. I'd probably still have fun with the 2D ones.
>>
>>332072484
I understand where you are coming from but give Zelda II a shot.
>>
>>332072490
Quite the retarded point.
Any piece of shit will be enjoyable to a kid who doesn't know better, because he hasn't built standards yet.
By saying this you essentially say zelda is shit because it needs a blank brain to be enjoyed

Maybe that was your intention, who knows
>>
>>332072797
>By saying this
That is not what i said.

Any piece of shit can purposely misunderstand someones point and then frame it in a really stupid way so it looks like they are are fucking retarded.

Or maybe you actually thought i was saying that, who knows
>>
>>332072490
OoT came out when I was a kid, all my friends were playing it. I tried it as well and felt the same way. It was definitely more fun at the time because we'd talk about it, where to find secrets, how to get past certain parts, etc. but ultimately I felt the same way.
>>
>>332072615
Why that one in particular?
>>
>>332071990
I have mixed opinions on this anon

The good
>soundtrack
>weapon variety
>bosses
>the first half of story
>some temple designs

The bad
>camera is atrocious
>barren wasteland called hyrule field
>very very repetitive gameplay (clear a temple, go to next temple, clear again, go to next)
>boring final boss
>framerate (majora's mask is even worse)
>>
>>332073819
It isn't like any of the other Zelda games. It's focus is set on combat ability more so than cryptic puzzles while still retaining a cool adventure vibe. If you played it you might get stuck a few times in the beginning but keep at it and just use a guide to get over those points. It is a pretty challenging game and it's a lot of fun.
>>
>>332074325
Thanks, I'll give it a try.
>>
>>332074408
Awesome. It's easily one of my favorite games of all time and not for any nostalgia-based reason. Just keep powering through and I guarantee you will have fun.
>>
Halo.

I wish I enjoyed it. People look like they're having so much fun playing thos games.
>>
Most FPS/Sports games
>>
>>332074035
The camera wasn't bad at all. No clue how that's a negative.
>>
literally any pokemon.

I usually like turn based rpgs but something about pokemon i just don't enjoy. same with final fantasy.
>>
>>332072490
>Zelda is only good because muh nostalgia
Nice point retard, you sure showed him
>>
>>332075817
I should like turn based games but I just don't.
>>
File: 1458854450306.jpg (341 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
1458854450306.jpg
341 KB, 900x900
Metroid. They're so slow and plodding at the beginning.
>>
>Dishonored
>Uncharted
>Sm4sh
>Fallout 4
>>
pretty much everything by nintendo
>>
File: 1454989876354.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1357) Image search: [Google]
1454989876354.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1357
>ffX (loved 7)
>wind waker (loved all others)
>fallout (loved skyrim)
>>
>>332074408
I agree with him Zelda 2 is amazing. Honestly though, it's better played with save states because you will die quite a bit and dying means running back from the beginning of the game.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.