[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>He thinks Witcher 3 has better combat than Dark Souls 3
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8
File: 1433908860779.jpg (259 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
1433908860779.jpg
259 KB, 2048x1152
>He thinks Witcher 3 has better combat than Dark Souls 3
>>
skyrim has better combat than the witcher 3
>>
I don't like the "Witcher 3 has bad combat" meme.

It feels like /v/ parroting a line over and over again while grasping at straws in an attempt to somehow provide a single argument as to why a popular game is bad.

The combat was enjoyable, I thought there was nothing wrong with it and I felt like it was a big improvement over the combat in Witcher 2 which in turn had been a big improvement over the rhythm game in Witcher 1.
>>
>>332071587
>play circlestrafe the game
>>
>>332072037
Dude, don't bother, Souls fags are eternally butt blasted about that game.
>>
>>332071587
Witcher 3 had ok combat that is really enjoyable, although easy, but there is a pretty big combat overhaul mod that fixes that.
>>
>>332071587
I like Souls combat but let's not pretend it's better than it is. Circlestrafe, roll timing and backstabbing makes the meta pretty retarded. And as an extent, the pvp everyone talks about becomes a fucking mess. Why people take PVP seriously is beyond me, it's been messy since Demon's.
>>
>>332072037
>I dont like an opinion so its a meme!
The irony here is you're the one propagating memes.

The entire Witcher series has terrible combat.
>>
>>332071587
He think R1 - ROLL -R1 -REPEAT is a good combat

Fuck off Souls faggot. Witcher 3's combat is more complex and better, you get different moves for your weapon, you can sidestep attacks, blocking and parrying is easier and spells make the combat very interesting. Alchemy, Bombs also make the combat good.
>>
>>332072419
3 has good combat. If you can't enjoy it you're doing something wrong
>>
>>332072037
I never cared much about that meme either
it's just that W3 is yet another fantasy setting RPG
>>
>>332072563
>you get different moves for your weapon, you can sidestep attacks, blocking and parrying is easier and spells make the combat very interesting. Alchemy, Bombs also make the combat good.
but all of these also exist in dark souls
>>
>>332072419
Why don't Soulsfags ever want to talk about Dark Souls? I noticed when Bloodborne was coming out threads were only made to force the "NEVER EVER" meme, and now that 3 is dropping they just want to force the "SPIN 2 WIN" meme. Why are threads only made to stir up shit?
>>
>>332072563
You could literally do all that in Dark Souls. Get a better argument.
>>
File: average male face.jpg (89 KB, 320x400) Image search: [Google]
average male face.jpg
89 KB, 320x400
>>332072717
Dark Souls is so fucking overrated at this point. There are like daily threads about "wish me luck guys xD", I wonder how many regret making a fucking 500-reply thread.
>>
witcher 3 just has so much going for it

soulsfags are really looking desperate and, quite frankly, getting btfo
>>
>>332072717
Souls combat is garbage. Just the fact that enemies track your roll mid-animation is absolute retardation. Having to cheese i-frames is also retardation. If a dodge can't be a dodge what's the fucking point? You have to abuse it to get it to work correctly? Great design!
>>
>>332072867
Honestly why would you even compare the two? They have almost nothing in common, you and OP are both retards
>>
>>332072871
not sure what you're talking about exactly
>>
>>332072954
>sword-based rpgs
>nothing in common
>>
>>332073126
>one has story focus
>the other has level design and combat focus
it's a pretty bad comparison

but witcher is a much safer game with less innovation
>>
>>332073034
Dodging a weapon is based on the iframe and not a hitbox of the weapon or anything. You can dodge something that is technically hitting you just by rolling towards it.
>>
>>332073340
>with less innovation
You do realize Dark Souls was the second fucking souls game right
>>
>MFW people argue about combat when every rpg has the same combat.

That's like saying my Volkswagen drives COMPLETELY different than your Citroen.
>>
>>332073519
Thats totally false. I really hope your just shitposting.
>>
>>332073519
yeah that's how iframes work
now what's your point?

>>332073603
yeah, so?
this is the 3rd witcher game yet none of them do anything interesting or innovative or risky in their design
it's safe bets across the board
>>
>>332072714
Spells in souls is wave your wand for 3 seconds and an explosion of different shapes and colors appear, no alchemy so btfo. And bombs in souls are just spells for dummies all the effects in the game boil down to fire magic dark electric explosions of different sizes and dmg.
>>
>>332073752
>>332073760
>that's totally false
>yeah that's how iframes work

>>332073760
>innovative or risky in their design
And, so? Dark Souls doesn't either, so what the fuck is your point? At least Dark Souls has a niche and guaranteed purchase, Witcher is competing with many other big RPG's.
>>
File: 1430533191794.gif (50 KB, 228x228) Image search: [Google]
1430533191794.gif
50 KB, 228x228
>mfw they made Silver Knights even more OP in DS3
>>
File: wewlad.png (39 KB, 598x255) Image search: [Google]
wewlad.png
39 KB, 598x255
>>332073760
>he thinks the souls games are innovative
>he thinks a game is good because it's "risky"
>>
>>332073760
If you show an avarage person a video compilation of souls games fr demon to das2 they will probably think it's the same game. Every game after demon is just like 10 new weapons 3 spells and rescinded mobs. The areas in all the games are similar af except dlc. If we accuse anyone of laziness and lack of innovation From is the first in line
>>
>>332073760
Fuck I fell for the bait
>>
>>332071587
Nobody thinks that.
I still prefer TW3 as a whole
>>
>>332071587
> he thinks duck n roll, duck n roll is great combat
>>
Zelda's fight are more interresting than Witcher 3's combats
>>
>>332074084
you can simplify the spells in W3 just like that
if you're gonna argue for one over the other, make sure your argument doesn't apply to your side aswell

>>332074091
>Dark Souls doesn't either
of course it does, name another RPG with the traits of the souls series that existed before demon's souls

>Witcher is competing with many other big RPG's
because it's all the same, safe bets across the board to get the mainstream audience
it doesn't do anything new, there's tons of RPGs that are like it

>>332074205
because they are, name an RPG with the traits of the souls series

if the game did something risky and fresh and was successfull with that, then yes it is better than a game that did something that existed 100 times before and was successfull with that

>>332074414
in that regard both series are similar in that they do not innovate from entry to entry (except for bloodborne)

however, the series as a whole are very varied in terms of innovation

there's 100s of RPGs that fall into the vein of Witcher while Souls has its own unique, innovating traits going as far as to create a new "sub-genre" soulslike
which I do not approve of
>>
>>332071587
But I don't. It's got some of the best combat for open world RPGs though.

And for a game that tries to be cinematic it's nice to have it come from a game where the cinematics are good, acting is good, writing is good.
>>
I got Bloodborne around the same time Witcher 3 came out and I struggled to get into Witcher 3 due to the contrast of how bad it controlled to Bloodborne. I ended up just playing more Bloodborne and never got past Novigrad in Witcher 3.
>>
>>332072783
Are you fucking joking?
>>
File: 1457640103312.png (909 KB, 1145x873) Image search: [Google]
1457640103312.png
909 KB, 1145x873
Fromsoftfags are still butthurt over Witcher 3. 2015 was supposed to be THEIR year, the year their beloved developer finally got recognition. Shame how it turned out.

Even if BB/DaS have 9/10 combat, Witcher 3's is a solid 8/10. It's not bad at all imho. Also Witcher 3 does everything that isn't combat way better than any FromSOft game. Lore, setting, characters, music..
>>
Nobody is that retarded though
>>
>>332074946
Lords of the fallen has simmilar traits, but it was stupid
>>
>>332076507
>Lords of the fallen has simmilar traits
it came long after demon's souls
>but it was stupid
agreed
it's stupid on the same basis as DS3 is
>>
>>332075962
>lore
fucking this
I love the souls series, they are easily my favorite games, but i hate the way people gush over the lore.
Yeah its fun to find the lore and unravel the story for yourself combined with the events you play through, but once you find it all the complete story is stupid.
This is a summary of every souls NPC's background lore
>become undead
>go to area game takes place in
>forget why you are there
>cryptically say random shit to the player
>go hollow
>die
>item descriptions reveal le tragic backstory
>>
>>332076583
wait whats so stupid about DS3?
>>
File: 1457305086573.jpg (107 KB, 947x843) Image search: [Google]
1457305086573.jpg
107 KB, 947x843
When did Witcher get lobbed into the Souls/BB discussion? Remember that I took time off /v/ while I was playing it to avoid spoilers. when I came back I saw Witcher threads getting compared to BB/Souls games and some anon dumping webm of the combat.

I remember when we had Witcher 1-2 threads with little shitposting.
>>
>>332076849
no innovation in particular, new IPs is where FromSoft shines
they're trying to build a Dark Souls 1.5 that has no standing of its own whatsoever and lives off of the nostalgia and references to Dark Souls 1

if you haven't played DS1 and were into the lore, story and community surrounding it, then DS3 offers nothing to you, it's pretty much just heavy fanservice to DS1 fags to "complete the cycle" basically and apologize for DS2's poor reception

but that's just my impression from the footage I've seen, I'm still going to play it for a thorough look
>>
>>332071587
>he shitposts on /v/
>>
>>332076861

Just people looking for shit to fling. (I think it was exacerbated by the game awards show, too.)

They're both medieval fantasy games so it's easy to try and compare them and start fights and shit.
>>
File: 1446150301419.gif (601 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1446150301419.gif
601 KB, 320x240
>>332072171
enemies have attacks this time for circle jerks and i dont mean that they follow player like magnets like in ds2.
>>
>>332077346
This, Dark Souls 3 looks so samey, I feel it's playing off nostalgia. People are happy to see characters or costumes from Dark Souls 1 for crying out loud.
>>
Combat isnt even the main point of W3, also I have never heard anyone say that its even "good" unironically, only when people are out there to bait soulsplebs like OP.
Man I miss the times when souls games and the rabid fanbase following it wasnt total asscancer. Those times when Demons Souls was new were some good ass times, its been a steep downhill from there.
>>
>>332072717
What are you going on about? All they ever talk about is souls games. Threads are getting deleted because so many people are making the same thread to talk about souls right now.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.