[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How well did MGSV cover the Soviet afghan conflicts of the 80s?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (117 KB, 950x534) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
117 KB, 950x534
How well did MGSV cover the Soviet afghan conflicts of the 80s?
>>
HURR DURR CIPHER HURR DURR SKULLS HURR DURR
>>
>>332069975
Thanks for your input anon
>>
>>332069801
It didn't.
>>
on a scale of 1-10 it gets a 0.

It didn't at all
>>
>>332069801
Loosely. It focuses primarily on the Carter administration providing the muj with stinger missiles but doesn't mention any names or really go beyond that.
>>
>>332070534
Thanks!

See was that hard you collosal faggots?
>>332070513
>>332070293
>>332069975
>>332070513
>>
I think there are only like 3 afghans in the entire game.

It would've been super badass to lead the mujahideen in attacks on the soviets but instead we just got the mission where you go around blowing up tanks while the afghans are off screen doing other things
>>
>>332072062
I agree, I was really hoping BB would train a few muj cells.
>>
>>332069801
It did really bad. The nothing hapening outside missions nor in missions that can show conflict. Afganistan filled wiht only soviet troops and some animals that dont do anything exept driving cars from camp to camp or guarding same looking "towns". There is no mujahid fighters ouside mentions them in missions or in form some pow's. No firefights between soviets and afgan guerrilla. Fucking nothing really. I expected more from this game, at least on level of FC3.
>>
>>332069801
It didn't. There wasn't a Soviet-Afghan Conflict in the game, just a bunch of Russians standing around in the desert. We're talking about a war were 1 million civilians died and there's no fighting going on. On top of that they're not in the city. During the conflict the Soviets took control of cities but it was a constant fight over rural Afghanistan (as in most of it).
>>
It would have been cool if MGSV had a Korengal outpost.
>>
>>332069801
Shitty, the game fails to really humanize either side of the conflict.

It would've been pretty neat to see Snake interact with them, maybe even see a younger Sergei Gurlukovich.
>>
>>332073194
>at least on the level of far cry 3
Try at least on the level of MGS4
>>
File: kek.jpg (40 KB, 960x743) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
40 KB, 960x743
How well did MGSV cover anything that wasnt parasites?
>>
>>332073856
oil rig was pretty ok
>>
>>332073562
Well, yeah. First two acts of MGS4 made better conflic in linear levels that next gen MGS5 in open world. I like feeling in mgs4 that something always happening around you (Explosions and shooting and stuff) and yet they managed make it so dull in 5th game. Shit, i wish 5th game was same like 4 but there is some kind of conflict around you everytime, not just 2 acts.
>>
File: 1455838946228.jpg (82 KB, 719x624) Image search: [Google]
1455838946228.jpg
82 KB, 719x624
>>332073194
>The nothing hapening outside missions nor in missions that can show conflict. Afganistan filled wiht only soviet troops and some animals that dont do anything exept driving cars from camp to camp or guarding same looking "towns"

...But that's how that war was exactly.
>>
Not at all. Because that would have required actual character interaction, which MGS V had practically none of.

I mean, maybe it was the point that acting as a mercenary, you were never meant to be emotionally involved in either the Soviet-Afghan war or the conflict between mercenaries in Africa which is why they didn't characterize either side but it's not like the actual plot of the game was much more involving.
>>
It only said that Afghanistan was one big and deserted Soviet military base.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.