[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck /v/ as a kid I found the first three megamans easy.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: hell spawn.jpg (74 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
hell spawn.jpg
74 KB, 1280x720
What the fuck /v/ as a kid I found the first three megamans easy. I picked this up last night and I can't even reach Iceman. Anybody else have a similar experience with games?
>>
>>332065351
Nintendo-difficult was a real deal back in the days.
I've never considered MM games easy, I just had better patience and will to retry.
>>
>>332065351
started yesterday this, faced yellow devil and died
I'll continue today

where are you stuck OP?
>>
>>332068113
Not him, but I fucking gave up trying to kill the pogoing fucks at the front of the castle

Where the Hell did I find the patience for this shit as a kid?
>>
>>332068243
shoot them once with iceman buster and kill them with regular shots
>>
>>332065351
Muscle memory's a big thing with these types of games, we could be stupid persistent when we were kids, if your reflexes forgot the levels, it's like playing it for the first time again.

you'll be fine, just keep trying
>>
>>332065351
>replay Megaman in college for the first time at a friends place
>They watched me beat MM1 thru MM4 before calling it a night
>Only took night classes at college
Even fucking ordered pizza. We even hooked up my old Genesis once instead of emulating it because nostalgia.
>>
>>332065351
just use the laser-platform from Elecman's

fuck that shitty level and the platforms that shoot at you.
>>
>>332065351
Yes that happens to me a lot when i go retro and replay my old favorites.
>>
>>332065351

Megaman games are actually slightly pattern-based too. Capcom loves putting enemies in positions to fuck your shit up right around spikes and pits.

When you remember where to watch for stuff again, you start getting magically good again.
>>
File: how.png (2 KB, 256x240) Image search: [Google]
how.png
2 KB, 256x240
I always played the Genesis remakes so these originals kick my ass.

There's never been a version where I can get through this part without getting hit though. Is it even possible?
>>
>>332069980

Magnet Beam around it.
>>
>>332070379
I meant without other powerups but I guess that makes sense.
>>
In 1 which would be the easiest to go for first? Having trouble with them all right now
>>
>>332070487
Fireman
>>
>>332070487
bomban

the fucker is super weak to your buster
>>
I always thought the Classic games were easier than the X games because of their fixed "room" format.
>>
>>332070487
Cut and Guts are easy fights, but their stages can be brutal.
Elec's pretty fun, but Bomb is probably the easiest.

Fireman's pretty much the only one you shouldn't take first.
>>
>>332073538
Why wouldn't you take Fireman first?
>>
>>332065351
Mm1 is significantly harder than 2-6 mostly due to rigid controls and level design that were later fixed with powerups and abilities in later games.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.