[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
File: zest1.jpg (288 KB, 1200x716) Image search: [Google]
zest1.jpg
288 KB, 1200x716
What went wrong?
>>
>>332063396
Too short. That and for a tales game the story was too black and white.
>>
>>332063396
English localization.
>>
>>332063396
Rose
Alisha
Not actually 4 player fusions ruin 4 player coop
Forced to use sorey and rose/alisha
Rose takes away a bit of the game by making her followers gather information for you
Sorey completely forgets about alisha after the war even tho they were both eye fucking each other since they met
The story is pretty weak and predicable
The fighting is boring as fuck because normal attacks use a meter.
>>
>>332063396
Story went to shit halfway in
>>
File: 1446547594247.jpg (30 KB, 514x578) Image search: [Google]
1446547594247.jpg
30 KB, 514x578
>>332064023
>alisha
>wrong
>>
File: 1457241739280.png (106 KB, 350x425) Image search: [Google]
1457241739280.png
106 KB, 350x425
>>332064219
>alisha
>anything but wrong
>>
It's anime. It's shit by default.
>>
best girl!
>>
>>332065447
she looks hot, but her personality is sht
>>
>>332065498
?

Her personality is fine and her gameplay is above average

What are you talking about
>>
>>332065553
Being a Mary sue isn't fine, especially with how they handled her.
>>
>>332064579
>He says while on a anime image board owned by a japanese man.
>>
>>332065680
fucking alishafag
>>
Shit story that contradicted itself a few times
Butchered gameplay
World was boring as fuck, even more boring than Xillia's
Retarded skill system that required excessive grinding, more so than any other tales game

this game took three years and this is what we get? fuck you baba
>>
>>332065972
How is it boring than Xillia? Xillia has shit world with linear design. Almost FFXIII like
>>
>>332066036
The world is too big and not in the good way
It tries to be immersive and realistic by being big

But there's nothing

You have to run around the entire fucking open sapce to find chests or discovery points and sometimes neither of these things will be in the entire area you check

nothing stands out or makes you want to stop and remeber a place for how unique or amazing it looked
>>
>>332066357
The camera restricts this even more
>>
>>332064023
>>332063459
This.

The game felt really bland for a tales game and all the character were dull, lacked depth and backstory.
>>
>>332066036
The fuck?

Xillia's world was great
>>
>>332066734
I disagree
But why do you think that?
>>
>>332064023
>Sorey
>eyefucking Alisha
She was just a friend anon. His first human and female friend.

>>332063459
The story being Black and White made plenty of sense, and wasn't the problem. How short it was and how it showed most of Lionman's backstory through animated flashbacks was a problem.

If you want dark and edginess get ready for its prequel Berseria.
>>
>>332066357
That is a problem. The dungeons looked the same and it's disappointing because two of the characters are ruin nerds.
>>
>>332066357
It reminds me of FFXII alot

And I like it

The ruins kinda sucks though because there's not much variation
>>
The game tried to be too many things at once, and failed at each point.

>Let's give the fanbase loot drive skill system, it's hot these days they'll gobble it up!

The big issue with the loot system is that it isn't balanced well, neither with drop rates or the skill system itself. Want to do more than 4 attacks per combo? Better grind on every new weapon you come across. Want stronger weapons but retain your skill you have on them? Better keep grinding for the same weapon you're using.

It forces the player to either do all of that, or forget about all of it and wait until end game equipment, and by that point you know the game well enough to never need a single skill.

The map, while improved from Xillia, is still just as linear, just with bigger areas between transitions, much like Monster Hunter.

The combat is awful by limiting you to 4 attacks per combo string, even if you have the required SC to continue attacking, the game just doesn't allow you to keep going unless you have the exceed skill on one of your equipment items.

Every character that isn't Sorey/Rose is absolute garbage in battle, and honestly, their personalities are really bad, nothing interesting about any of them.

Story is bland, cities are bland with very minimalist color palettes outside of the starting area. And Dezel is the most emo fagboi character I've ever witnessed.
>>
>>332066734
Are you retarded, OP? Xillia's maps are so bad they're almost in the same tier as Tempest's.
>>
>>332067420
Brah. They were doing the horizontal tango everytime they looked at each other.
>>
>>332064219
Alisha wasn't even fit for the story
She was focused on muh kingdom and muh politics when the story wanted, muh spirits.
She never contributed to the story when she was available and never gained character

The only reason to like her is that she used a spear and was loads more fun than Rose.
>>
>>332063396

too much reliance on fusions (not to mention fusions are boring to play)
>>
>>332067834
>horizontal
Fuck i ment vertical
>>
File: sick.png (50 KB, 285x281) Image search: [Google]
sick.png
50 KB, 285x281
>>332067750
>their personalities are really bad, nothing interesting about any of them.
Sounds like you just hate them for the sake of hating

If anything characters like Lailah and Mikleo are your typical tales character. If you hate them you might as well hate the entire cast in the franchise
>>
Malevolence was a really bad idea to build a story around when by endgame you're starting to get the impression that the only way to NOT become a hellion is to be a total sociopath.

Also the weird disdain most of the seraphs seem to hold humanity in makes for a strange tone.
>>
>>332067750
>he hates edna
>>
Is Mikleo a tsundere?
>>
>>332067834
Only in your mind anon. Only in your mind.

Plus she'd be too dead to matter when he wakes up and is a Seraph, whose first actions was to go find Mikey.
>>
>>332067475
>>332067580
That's right, I completely forgot about the ruins
why?

because every ruin is boring and forgettable
once you've seen one of the ruins, you've seen them all in different colors
nothing looks different, nothing looks cool or interesting

remember the invisible bridge we had to use ice to see? that was pretty cool
nothing else has anything like that
there's like one ruin that has a giant fucking rock and expect us to be impressed by that alone

the way sorey and mickleo constantly get boners for ruins makes me angry because if I was a ruin nerd I'd be pretty pissed if every ruin in the world was identical to one another
>>
>>332068083
>Total Sociopath
Anon that was the point. The ones most likely to avoid becoming Hellions are people like that.

Other people have to struggle and not become monsters. Of course we'll find out why this is in Berseria, since malevolence is just a disease there and spirits are human slaves.
>>
>>332067985
I would probably say Lailah is the only character who has "interesting" depth to their plot, and that's only really because she's "hiding everything from the party due to a pact". I don't see the appeal in Mikleo at all.

I enjoy most of the characters from the other games in the franchise, because they had skits that helped them along in development, or moments that impacted how they're perceived to the player . There isn't a lot of skits or moments that do that for the characters in Zestiria. So they all just end up feeling bland and one-dimensional.
>>
Letting Go Shiina handle the overwold music was fine desu
>>
>>332068832
Will he ever compose for a Tales games isn't shit?(And/or with mixed reputations?)
>>
>>332068910
Every tales game has a mixed reputation.
Most people can't get past the game play.
>>
>>332068971
Can you even salvage anything from Zesty?
>>
>>332069115
Well they are going to try.
Besteria is supposed to be the first shepard so... Yeah
>>
>>332069115
edna was kinda enjoyable
>>
File: Zestiria X.jpg (42 KB, 500x279) Image search: [Google]
Zestiria X.jpg
42 KB, 500x279
>>332069201
I'm pretty sure Velvet is fighting the Shepherds. They even have similar masks on the enemies side.

>>332069115
The anime will connect the plot of Berseria and Zestiria better.
>>
>Berseria is a zestiria sequel
>people thought it's going to be good

LOL
>>
When's the anime
>>
>>332069843
>sequel
Prequel.
>>
>>332069930
never
>>
>>332064219
>Alishit
>not cancerous
Pick one.
>>
No interesting characters like alvin
>>
>>332064023
You forgot the awful camera
>>
>PS2 graphics
>Taking away Japan's waifu
>Horrible combat
>Retarded main character
>Yaoi shit

Rose and Laila were the only good things about that game.
>>
I didn't play through the whole game. I played about twenty hours or so. To me the worst part were the dungeons, they were extremely bland, and later on even annoying due to stupid "puzzle" mechanics.

I liked some of the character DESIGNS, but their personalities were all super bland.
>>
File: 1450847016087.png (101 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1450847016087.png
101 KB, 640x960
>>332065447
This.
>>
Whole story is basically a gay friendship between two dudes, as well as one girl whose the best person ever and is never wrong, ever. The other three or was it 4? Party members were just there. One of them only exists because of a fucking sidequest. Then there's the amazingly boring gameplay. I was hyped for Dragons then I got a boring boss that barely did anything, Even that rock monster from Graces was more intimidating and that thing actually eats you.
>>
>>332070008
Reboot.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.