[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am I the only one who noticed that From is getting too comfortable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Dark Souls I II.jpg (81 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls I II.jpg
81 KB, 800x600
Am I the only one who noticed that From is getting too comfortable with the Souls series? They're still using the same animations they used in DaS1 and there's so many boss rehashes it's unbelievable, DaSIII is full of mischief. I mean the game is still good and all but if they don't have a decent competitor soon the series might become a cashgrab soon.
>>
I'm only OK with it because DaS3 will be my second Souls game. If DaS4 still recycles animations, I'll be pissed.

And the series already is kind of a cash grab.
>>
>Reused animations
Don't fixed what ain't broke

>Reused bosses
Nigga are you even paying attention to the story?

>>332061852

They already said this is the last Dark Souls
>>
>>332062251
no they didn't you stupid fuck.
>>
>>332061158
>They're still using the same animations they used in DaS1

Would you prefer they try to make new ones and fuck that up like they did with Dark Souls 2?
>>
>>332062379

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-3-interview-it-wouldnt-be-right-to-cont/1100-6432425/

Go fuck yourself
>>
>>332061158
Yes. For some reason so many people like this idiot >>332062251 are defending this practice. People still defend Ubisoft despite them fucking over everyone time and time again.
>>
>>332061158

>yearly franchise
>not a cashgrab

If you've played 1 souls game you've played them all, I wonder how long will it take for you soulsfags to realize that you're basically playing CoD
>>
>>332062619

I only defend it because in this case it's justified, unlike the random inclusion of the old dragonslayer in the second game. Unless you're talking about animations, then you're just a retard.
>>
The amount of rehashing is what made Souls so successful in the first place.

Dark Souls sells in the millions, but unlike AAA games Dark Souls has barely any cutscenes, no huge set pieces, no big name actors, no crazy production values, and it rehashes like nobodies business.

This is why they are cranking them out so fast, because Souls was not never really games that took a ton of effort to make when you compare them to stuff like MGSV and Witcher 3, speaking from a technical and not a design standpoint of course. The game design has a lot of thought put into it, more than most games.
>>
>>332062910
>unlike the random inclusion of the old dragonslayer in the second game.

Why would it be random? Old dragonslayer=ornstein. Just like Nashandra=shards of manus, or lost sinner=bed of chaos.
>>
>>332061158
>They're still using the same animations they used in DaS1 and there's so many boss rehashes it's unbelievable, DaSIII is full of mischief. I mean the game is still good and all but if they don't have a decent competitor soon the series might become a cashgrab soon.

Doesn't really matter to me. I'm just glad they made another Souls game with the BB engine.

The next thing I hope they make is a Souls-type game with sci-fi elements, or at least closer to our time.
>>
>>332062689
thats exactly why this cashgrab shit sells, why change a winning formula?

gamers dont fucking care and love to be taken advantage of with good marketing, just look at the ps4
>>
>>332063271
>why change a winning formula
>gamers love to be taken advantage of

nigga listen to yourself
>>
>>332061158

the retarded fanbase will claim something stupid like "ayylmao if it works don't fix it ECKSDEE" so don't bother
>>
>>332061158
>Reusing secondary assets on a franchise now a game industry crime.
>Implying Valve, Blizzard, CdProjektRed, Sony Nintendo and other major names in the game industry doesn't do this all the time on their games.

I'd agree with you if you were pertaining to some of the bosses in Dark Souls II but majority of the returning enemies/bosses in Dark Souls III has revamp character model, alpha effects, physics and new move set, it would be unfair to call it rehash.
>>
>>332063149
The old dragonslayer isn't even in Anor Londo nor is he guarding anything important like in the first game. They just took his armour, made it darker and put him in some random room he couldn't even get into.
>>
>>332061158
it became a cashgrab with DaS 2, but we didn't know it at the time.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.