[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this allowed? I mean, doesn't Valve have the slightest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3
File: ubi.png (223 KB, 755x485) Image search: [Google]
ubi.png
223 KB, 755x485
Why is this allowed?

I mean, doesn't Valve have the slightest bit of quality control?
>>
>browsing clickbait
>babby's first steam sale
>>
>>332058605

>doesn't Valve have the slightest bit of quality control?

No, they're cheap as fuck. Even though they're making hundreds of millions of dollars a year they won't properly staff their Steam operations
>>
This happens to like every other bundle that's on sale

What kind of fucking news is this
>>
>>332058605
That happens when the publisher (Ubisoft) discounts the individual games but not the bundles.
>>
>>332058696
>>332058790

>valve has been fleecing customers before so this time it's okay

Wow. Just wow.
>>
File: fafsa.jpg (115 KB, 435x435) Image search: [Google]
fafsa.jpg
115 KB, 435x435
>Managing thousands upon thousands of titles with varying prices
>Managing various limited time discounts for said titles
>Bundling said titles and including a discount upon the discount on each individual title for the bulk purchase
>A single bundle falls through the cracks and suffers a numerical error

>mfw when hearing the resulting kids crying

I don't even like Valve's shitty DRM and I can even see how ridiculous the autist uproar is.
>>
>>332058849

Quote me where I said it was okay you fucking turd
>>
>>332058852

It's really simple, m8. Just program it into the system that a company can't set a bundle price greater than the sum of the individual prices of the games in the bundle.
>>
>>332058829
I guess you just buy them seperately then, seperate orders if need be.
>>
File: whatever.jpg (24 KB, 208x210) Image search: [Google]
whatever.jpg
24 KB, 208x210
>>332058852
>The bundle price doesn't automatically factor in the reduced prices of its individual components since discounts are the literal lifeblood of Steam
>>
>>332058852

To be fair, if the "numerical error" results in a game being cheaper than it's supposed to be then Valve fixes it really fucking quickly.
>>
>>332058891

>This happens to like every other bundle that's on sale
>What kind of fucking news is this

As you didn't chastise Valve's duplicitous actions, you implicitly condoned them.
>>
>publisher increases cost of game just before it goes on "sale"
>costs about as much as before
>people still buy it thinking its a good deal

I'm looking at you ubishit
>>
> won't make new games
> store is full of trash
> let's devs rip people off

Does valve have any redeeming qualities anymore?
>>
>>332059152

That literally never happened because it's fucking illegal.
>>
>>332058605
>I mean, doesn't Valve have the slightest bit of quality control?
They've had a Steam curator on the front page for weeks with "shitposting" in its visible name.
>>
>>332059251
sure, that whole GTAV thing didn't happen
>>
>>332059251
It happened plenty of times, Rockstar is guilty of that as well
>>
then just buy a VPN for 5 dollars and pirate it all you idiot.

If you want to stick it to steam you have the option, but instead you come to 4chan and bitch and complain
>>
>>332058995
Spoken like a true retarded extremist.
>if you are not against it you are for it
Is so inherently wrong and stupid it is incredible that you have not yet been shot in the face by any of the people you must irritate on a hourly basis.
>>
>>332058605
I reported a bundle to them once via ticket. They corrected it. Maybe do that?
>>
>>332058696
/thread
>>
>>332058849
If youre retarded enough to buy directly on Steam, you deserve it, newcuck.
>>
>>332059152
>>332059281
>>332059290
So what? how about using a site that tracks sales and write down or look up the discount prices before you buy so you don't get jewed.
>>
>>332059646
>dishonesty apologist
>>
>>332059251
This happens in retail all the time it's not limited to just games, how fucking young are you
>>
>>332059646
How about not moving the goalpost?
>>
>>332058852

Oh please, this is nothing new for Valve, they always cheap out when it comes to things like quality control, customer service, PR, etc. That was one of the big problems with paid mods too. They just don't want to put in the manpower.
>>
>>332059698

>if one company screws you over it's okay for every company to screw you over

:/
>>
>>332059807
Where did I say it was okay? Can you fucking read?

You're just an idiot if you think this is something new
>>
>>332059683
there is nothing dishonest about this, it's plain and simple easy to see they are raising the price before the discount because the internet tracks everything

if you get deceived by this, off yourself mongolid
>>
>>332059698
The only people getting screwed over are uninformed consumers, and they deserve it.
>>
>>332059882
I wonder who could be this post...
>>
>>332058852
>Game is accidentally $1 instead of $10
>Fixed within 1 minute

>Game bundle is $30 costlier than when bought separately
>Yeah, who cares

This isn't even a single instance, it's like this all the fucking time.
>>
>>332059885
>and they deserve it

Hmmmm
>>
>>332059908
an intelligent being struggling with an inferioir stupid being becuase it doesn't understand how steam fucking works and always did and will because it is a shithole run by a really fat jew that owns PC gaming
>>
>>332058605
>buying games
>>
>>332059997
>don't research product and compare pricing
>get fucked

He's right. If you ever just buy something assuming it's an okay deal because ethics you're underage as fuck who has never had to earn their own shit
>>
>>332058605
>doesn't Valve have the slightest bit of quality control?
welcome to the collapse of gaming
and it couldn't have come at a better time
>>
>>332060060

>didn't wear a bomb suit
>you deserve to die in a terrorist bombing

Fuck off, retard
>>
>>332060119
>comparing a controlled situation to an uncontrolled one

Nice comparison, retard
>>
>>332060195

Retailers have a fiduciary and legal duty not to blatantly rip off consumers ergo a reasonable person would expect the retailer to not be a dirty fucking thief.
>>
>>332060297
>muh ethics
Why don't you go outside and protest then? See how far it gets you, you underage fuck.

Being an intelligent consumer is part of growing up, do it sooner rather than later
>>
>>332060119
LOL

42 / 2 / 23 / 4

this is all I have to say, have fun shitposting you underage mongolid, I can smell your trail through the thread and see the words that repeat
>>
Don't worry - GOG will save us
>>
>Game is 1 cent cheaper due to human error
>Fixed within a attosecond
>Game is trillions of dollars more expensive on sale in a bundle than at full price release
>Heat death of the universe approaches and they're still "working on it"
>SO ENTITLED, I MEAN, YOU HONESTLY EXPECT A BUSINESS TO QUALITY CONTROL THEIR PRODUCT? IT'S 2016 YOU MUST BE A VIRGIN, WHY ELSE WOULD YOU CARE ABOUT ANYTHING IN LIFE AT ALL
I'd sell my soul to the devil to kill everyone who has been involved in video games in any way, shape or form.
>>
>imploding valve set prices on games that aren't theirs
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.