[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When did you git gud at fighting games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10
File: link_zelda_tekken.jpg (51 KB, 560x360) Image search: [Google]
link_zelda_tekken.jpg
51 KB, 560x360
When did you git gud at fighting games?
>>
>>332058596

A few years ago with GGXX.
>>
Never. I'm still stuck at Silver in SFV.
>>
Never. I suck at fighting games. Also racing games. Just never gave too much of a shit about either so never put in time/effort
>>
Got gud at Soul Calibur 2.
Not played any fightan for years now, though, so I'd certainly be a shitter when I take it up again.
>>
File: Fluffy.gif (773 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
Fluffy.gif
773 KB, 500x377
I did not git gud at fighting games.

I used to be mediocre enough to be an even match against my vidya bros but they are getting far more hardcore into FGC than I and leaving me in the dust
>>
>>332058596
After years and years of getting my ass handed to me because I still don't understand framedata and all that techical shit. After a while I just got better through sheer persistance and taking each loss as a learning experience.
>>
>>332058680
People really take this bronze/silver/gold stuff seriously, pretty sure it doesn't mean much in terms of actual skill.
>>
Never. Took 100 hours to get passable at SFIV. Im ultra bronze in SFV now and terrible at every other fighter Ive tried.
>>
when i quit
>>
>>332058596
I never did. The moment I start winning locals i go to regional or nationals and get my ass handed to me
>>
File: BI03_013.jpg (548 KB, 775x1127) Image search: [Google]
BI03_013.jpg
548 KB, 775x1127
>>332058947
It actually does. It scales with skill pretty well. It's not perfect but it does differentiate bronze and silver and gold pretty well.
>>
>>332059006
Isn't that kind of not true though since a significant portion of the community quits before a loss?
>>
>>332059006
Maybe but people end up worrying about their rank and points too much instead of trying to really improve on aspects of how they play.
>>
File: orig_37594_1_1288741142.jpg (101 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
orig_37594_1_1288741142.jpg
101 KB, 1280x720
'09, started training in SF2 HD before 4 came out, went in hard in SF4. I wouldn't say I was really good til '010 playing SSF4. Used Vega, was ranked in the top 100 Vegas on Xbox not that that means anything.
>>
>>332058596
>>332058596

Years ago with GG Reloaded on my Xbox

Sol Bad Guys' EX mode was like turning him into a fucking boxing Spartan or some shit. Holy christ I loved it. Tech canceling combos and catching motherfuckers mid-air for boxing strikes and BURNINFLAME attacks (Can't remember what he actually said)
>>
>Anyone on /v/
>Good at fighting games
The best players on /v/ would lose to the worst people in /fgg/
>>
>>332059496

Nope. There are some terrible players in fgg.
>>
>>332059496
I don't see a difference, i go on both generally see the same type of posting.
>>
>>332058998
must still be fun.
>>
>>332058596
I started about a week ago with SFV. I've going from a complete shitlord to 1400 LP in only 10 hours, which I don't think is too bad. At least I'm fighting back against people at this point.
>>
>>332060238
it is, with the right people. some people take it too seriously, contrary to popular belief you can still enjoy the game and be really good at it.
>>
>>332058596
smash bros is the only fightan game I'm good at
I'm a complete scrub at all others
>>
File: miguel-tekkentag2-fix.png (1 MB, 763x1572) Image search: [Google]
miguel-tekkentag2-fix.png
1 MB, 763x1572
Does anyone here main more than 1 or 2 characters? Most i can main is 4-5 in Tekken.
>>
I've always aspired but it wasn't until college that I was able to meet people who could actually make my play better.
>>
>>332062037
No one mains more than 1 character, this is why it's called "Main". Everything besides your main is secondary in case you want to counterpick in games like SF or want to learn matchup in case of Tekken. Good players know basics of all characters in Tekken, it's the only way to get decent matchup knowledge.
>>
>Can beat most fighting games on very hard difficulty AI, and the few times i play with others i also win
>Cannot for the life of me win over another player online
I don't even know why. I'm entirely thrown off my balance
>>
>>332062370
Also you kinda need two characters to play Tekken Tag, and let's be honest: Why play Tekken 7 if TTT2 still exists?
>>
>>332062370
Yeah i Main Law and from there everyone else i know how to play secondary. I don't know how to play everyone in Tekken but i understand their moveset when playing.
>>
>>332062464
one character will always be better in this pair. This character is who you try to play in bad situations and who you use when you have a crapshoot of winning with low HP on both.
>>
>>332059006
Stop having opinions.
>>
File: Karate_Champ[1].jpg (169 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
Karate_Champ[1].jpg
169 KB, 1440x1080
i was born good, fighting games is who i am.
>>
File: 1422768858599.png (223 KB, 402x420) Image search: [Google]
1422768858599.png
223 KB, 402x420
Never, or at least not yet. I couldn't win a single match on launch day in SFV but now I'm high bronze/low super bronze so I've got a little hope.
>>
>>332062568
Of course, but if you really want to play Tag proficiently you need to know both characters. One is always gonna be better, but you should try to negate that.
Unless you play noob friendly characters of course which for some reason all have clones or at least semi-clones.
>>
>>332058596
I've been able to button mash from the start.
>>
File: ttt2-ganondorf.jpg (152 KB, 690x388) Image search: [Google]
ttt2-ganondorf.jpg
152 KB, 690x388
>>332062464
>Why play Tekken 7 if TTT2 still exists?

plenty of reasons. less juggling being one of the best.
>>
>>332062813
There are still combos in Tekken 7 that deal over 60% damage and the gameplay hasn't really changed. Getting a juggle is still the most effective way to dish out damage, I think they will never change that.
>>
>>332062746
and this char will be your main.
HAO played Jin\Feng, his Jin was really good, but he still mained Feng, he had better understanding of this character and he was able to do more with him, not to mention HAO liked him more.

Knee can play almost all chars at great level, but he main only 1 of them, even though this main shifts depending on his preferences.

I'm not saying you should put all your time in 1 char in Tekken, it's actually counter-productive even i 1 on 1 games. But you can't have crapton of mains.
>>
File: He taunted first.webm (2 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
He taunted first.webm
2 MB, 640x480
>>332058596
When I picked the best character.
>>
>>332062986
I know, I'm just saying that in an ideal situation you should be on the same level with both, which as you said is nigh impossible.
Oftentimes I play people online who wreck me with one char but get their ass handed to them when they switch. That is what I'm getting at.
>>
never
>>
>>332062958
Nope, most of the damage comes from punishing blocks and whiffs and damage scaling has put juggling damage down. The switch from bound to tailspin alone makes combos shorter. Air combos are nice but they really buffed ground combat.
>>
>>332063092
God what pussies.
Fuck SF.
>>
>>332063119
This happens as well, but good players usually have several chars on decent level.
TTT2 has real problem with balance, some people pick teams like JC\Anna just for 160(exaggerated)dmg wall combos, spamming Anna elbow and cycling through 2 or 3 scripts.
some just don't want to bother or think some char is cool and don't want to get hatemails about playing solo.
Some people find that their characters have pretty poor synergy, and pick someone with better synergy, even if they aren't good at them. This happened to me, I haven't played in a long time, and found out Steve has pretty shitty synergy with everyone, I still kicked people's asses with my team, but it's wasn't really Tag, more like 1+1vsTag. I switched him out with Lars, even though my pokegame with Lars is much much worse. But I started winning more because Tag2 poke\'juggle balance is retarded.
>>
Surprisingly disappointing T7 beginner's guide tutorials from Nobi
https://www.openrec.tv/user/BV6_Pdx5NWvSW
>>
>>332063637
I never cared for the synergy aspect of the game, always chose characters i liked more. It was mostly Law and Dragunov, makes no sense but i had fun with them.
>>
>>332063750
Why even make these when the game isn't even complete? Pretty sure there are going to be so many changes that it makes these guides outdated.
>>
>>332063610
>Ken players
>>
>>332063283
Well what do you do when someone whiffs or you punish something in general? You launch them (if possible).
Of course on average combos do less damage, but in the end they are still the gamechangers that define the pace of a match. Moreso than any Poke-War will ever be.
Tekken 7 just has less characters and more fluff that is supposed to attract the general FG audience.
I just play the game with more features and possibilities, and Tekken Tag 2 just takes the cake there. Reset combo set-ups, red-life teams, special tag synergies, combo options en masse and the general variety of the tag teams are worth more to me than any super move they can think of.
>>
>>332063753
Drag has pretty decent synergy with everyone, I think Law has pretty good synergy as well.
Just to avoid confusion, I'm talking about synergy, juggle damage, setups, ways to switch, ways to take away red life, etc. Not Love\Hate netsu thing.
>>
File: 1449246702906.jpg (27 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1449246702906.jpg
27 KB, 512x384
>>332058596
I still haven't.
I've been playing for three years now.
>>
>>332063846
T7 is out for a year now. He recorded it just before Nobi Cup 2. FR isn't coming out until July.
>>
>>332063860
I guess ya like all that stuff then there is nothing i can really say, i just like having a true sequel to 6 it so far it looks better in every way.
>>332063880
ah i was thinking of that love/hate thing but the other stuff i still never cared for. I mean i learned to use the tag mechanics but i never took it too seriously.
>>
>>332063637
I agree, the juggle damage can be retarded. But it's also a really great feeling if you are the one who does the combo, so I can deal with that. Nothing like perfecting an opponent two times in a row because the spam unsafe launchers.

The problem is simply that beginners who are starting with Tag they are gonna get salty because if you always use unsafe moves the punishes are gonna kill you faster than you can button mash.
The learning curve is insane and so many people are never gonna get to the point where the anger from getting juggled for a 130 dmg combo is washed away by your own 130 dmg combo.
>>
>>332063860
you omit a lot of stuff from your reasoning.
TTT2 is juggle heavy, no matter how you look at it. You launch, yiu get more and of you get punished you don't lose as much.

T7 juggle damage is lower, 60% juggles are out of the ordinary and available only for several characters like Hwo, and often require wall or Rage. And poke damage sticks to you. You'll think twice trying to land that -15 launcher when deathfist(or any other punish) can take away 3\4 of that juggle damage you will never get back.

In TTT2 you can Tag Assault for 60% or more from most launchers without walls and what's more a lot of teams can position you for Tag Crash trap. You switch, you die, you TC you lose your red life and rage, you get up, you have no rage and no life and opponent is there with you. What's more juggles are the centrepiece of this game. Want to take away red life? Juggles is the best way. Want to dish out damage - juggles. Paul deathfist is not that frighting because some -15 launcher can dish out double the damage with a setup to take away red life. And if you fuck up, no problem pokes leave red life and if you don't get launched you'll get your life back or at least some of it.

There are ways around it and strong players can force the game, but at it's core TTT2 is all about juggles.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.