[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Welp.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: uhhh.jpg (225 KB, 667x875) Image search: [Google]
uhhh.jpg
225 KB, 667x875
Welp.
>>
The company that made the most played game in the world bought a fighting game. Cool?
>>
kinda interesting.

Riot dont seem to do things half baked (with the money they're making its understandable).

Be interesting to see what they do.
>>
>>332058289

No, the company that owns Riot Games bought Rising Thunder. A company that makes cheap knockoffs in China.
>>
>>332058203
What this means is Tencent bought Rising Thunder using another name
Mecha Sion in Rising Thunder when
>>
>>332058383

?????

you're dildos
>>
>>332058289
Further development of Rising Thunder is cancelled.
>>
>it never got local play
into the trash it goes
>>
>>332058203
>thanks for (your money) supporting our kickstarter
>enjoy this dead alpha build you can do nothing with
>>
>>332058289
They bought the devs and cancelled the game.
>>
>>332058436
Tencent is such an appropriate company name. I giggle a little every time I hear it.
>>
File: 1384193797526.jpg (6 KB, 196x204) Image search: [Google]
1384193797526.jpg
6 KB, 196x204
>>332058203
>People hyped this shit
>>
Its going to be LoL fighting game. I'm not saying that as a positive or a negative, thats just what they are going to do.
>>
So what about people who backed the game? I mean it's dead, so shouldn't they get their money back?

Or is this just a lesson to not back anything unless you're willing to lose all your money?
>>
>>332059425
Why should they care about kickstarter backers? Big corporation hired them and gives them more money now.
>>
>>332059425
> not back anything unless you're willing to lose all your money?
People need to realize and accept this going into kickstarter.

>>332059584
They're in for a rude awakening then when they're chewed up and spit out with barely a buck to their name.
>>
>>332059623
>They're in for a rude awakening then when they're chewed up and spit out with barely a buck to their name.

They dont see like that. They just were hired by the big guys, the end. Anyone who gets butthurt by the kickstarter shit is replaceable liability, they are hired by the big guys after all.
>>
Rusing Thunder wasn't kickstarted. Stonehearth was. I backed SH and I'm annoyed that it's now "when it's ready" when it had a release date of 2014. Basically they went ahead and started making RT after using the money from SH kikestarter to get established. Now they won't even add developers to get SH finished sooner.
>>
>>332061073
Wait rising thunder guys also were doing Stonehearth? I had no fucking idea, I backed SH too and was pondering why nothing is coming out of it.
>>
Wait, so what does this mean for Rising Thunder?
>>
File: hearthstone.jpg (130 KB, 818x446) Image search: [Google]
hearthstone.jpg
130 KB, 818x446
>Stonehearth
Really?
>>
>>332061387
>I'm too retarded to read the thread.
>>
>>332061387
More money, faster development, and the infrastructure to support its own competitive scene even if EVO doesn't want it.

It also means the game's probably going to be the worst kind of F2P like every other Tencent game, meaning you'll probably have to pay $10 per fighter or play for weeks to get one, $20 cosmetic skins that look better than the base model, etc.
>>
>>332061586
But Rising thunder was CANCELLED. They are working on another game now.
>>
>stonehearth
lmao
>>
>>332059425
they get nothing. they didn't buy the game, they invested in it and it didn't work out.
>>
>>332058203
>chinks get to ruin yet another game

Lovely
>>
>>332061319
Rising Thunder had a totally seperate development team that they assembled from outside investment. SH has the same 5 or so people working on it.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.