[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, how is this game? Seen some gameplay, seems interesting and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10
File: Die.gif (1 MB, 251x198) Image search: [Google]
Die.gif
1 MB, 251x198
So, how is this game?
Seen some gameplay, seems interesting and I would like to play some other online Shooter that isn't fucking CS:GO or TF2

>Overwatch is fucking dead at launch
>>
>>332055303
Multiplayer is fucking dead. Single player is worth it if you can nab it in a sale, stays true to the source material and is quite a blast to play through. If you have 1-3 friends you could all grab it and play the Exterminatus horde mode together, and farm each other for the achievements to unlock special perks for weapons. It's a great game that unfortunately split its already very small population with the dreadnought DLC and it was swept under the rug.
>>
>>332055303

Firstly, your gif is from WH40k Space Marine, not Eternal Crusade. Secondly, Eternal Crusade is fucking god awful. Avoid.
>>
File: knightfight(noaudio).webm (3 MB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
knightfight(noaudio).webm
3 MB, 720x404
>>332055645
It's an alpha, the latest 36v36 is going well.
>>
>>332057175
Man the aesthetic is too glossy and not gothic enough. And what's with space marines doing fatty rolls?
>>
>>332057175
>i-it's an alpha
tired of hearing this shit already
if it's unfinished then stop trying to sell it to me
>>
>>332057273
>And what's with space marines doing fatty rolls?

What about it?
>>
File: JswqNaG.jpg (73 KB, 599x563) Image search: [Google]
JswqNaG.jpg
73 KB, 599x563
>Tfw Deathwing soon
>No more boring ass RTS
>No more even worse RTS/What ever the fuck you want to call DoW2
>No more fucking turn based combat
>No more multiplayer focused garbage
>No more chess
>No more garbage 3d fat rolling
>No more games where you play as the TAU
Fucking psyched
>>
>>332055303
>>Overwatch is fucking dead at launch
You guys make me laugh
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcXZ_NlFvAI
>>
>>332055303
Unless you're prepared to sink with it in case of failure or have a group of people to play with I'd recommend to wait for launch or until the addition of terminators (and equivalents) post launch.

I personally like the game, there're still many issues in terms of optimization, balance, map design and camera interaction; in terms of content it is still lacking both aesthetically and gameplay wise (alpha) and many people can't get their heads around the melee system but it can be fun and rewarding, at least as far as it went for me.

If your experience with 40k was space marine you'll most probably hate the TTK.

Don't expect open world or huge diversity of maps and modes, that's something the devs seem to be hiding so I'm assuming it'll be weak in that.

A lot of shit (weapons, loadout system, tree advancement, tyranids PVE, orks and eldar, élites, warlords, parties and aesthetic customization) still hasn't been done, meaning that if the game truly launches this summer (assuming it is the last days of the season) either they do a miracle or the content will be little.
>>
>>332055303
No Free-to-WAAAAAAAAAAGH Ork, it's shit.
>>
>>332055303
>So, how is this game?
bad GoW-clone/
>>
>>332059374
>If your experience with 40k was space marine you'll most probably hate the TTK.
What is TTK and what's people's problem with it?

>many people can't get their heads around the melee system
I'm one of them. Aren't kicks supposed to beat normal right click spam? How come mine don't ever? Is it because of lag? I'm not in the US so my ping isn't exactly the best, so if its lag I'd like to know so I can just play something else.
>>
File: but its a.jpg (440 KB, 2010x640) Image search: [Google]
but its a.jpg
440 KB, 2010x640
>>332057175

You're a fucking idiot. The game is garbage. The piece of shit has been in development for 4 fucking years, they've cut half the features and the other half are in the maybe-pile at some unspecified future date. The engine is liquid shit, too.

Fucking pisses me off, to be honest familiar. Games Workshop are continually giving their IP to these dumb as fuck studios which couldn't make a good game if their lives depended on it.
>>
I still don't understand why the trailer showed random chapter marines running around while a Blood Angel orders an Ultramarine to do shit.
>>
File: 20160326052034_1.jpg (547 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160326052034_1.jpg
547 KB, 1920x1080
Space Marines, are you even trying?
>>
>>332059728
>What is TTK and what's people's problem with it?
People believe space marines should feel almost invincible.

I'm still not prepared for the whining that will come with the eldar and the orks
people already whined because eldar are too tall/marines are too short

The kick is supposed to beat the fast attack, but I heard there was a problem some time ago with certain weapons being too fast or somehow bypassing the bash, should be fixed by now.

The main problems I see people pointing out for the cc are that it is either a glorified rock/paper/scissors and this doesn't fit with their need for skill-based mechanics, that beginners are easily confused by the unwritten mechanics and the camera effects (server optimization doesn't help either) or that they play it wrong and end up being killed by firearms or surprise attacks often.

Last time I heard they were doing something in regards to firearms shooting in close combat range and they already nerfed the amounts of rolls a tactical can do.
Oh and close combat classes are OP bullshit right now in terms of resilience.
There're way too many apothecaries and marines with stormshields around.
>>
>>332060158
Because each faction has 5 subfactions you can pick from for variety.

Cooperation between multiple chapters is not alien to the setting, the broken organizations are a gameplay compromise.
>>
>it's an EC shill thread
>>
>>332060881
yeah but a Blood Angel giving orders to a fucking Smurf?
>>
File: 1450989049716.gif (61 KB, 300x351) Image search: [Google]
1450989049716.gif
61 KB, 300x351
>>332058728
>hates turn-based combat
>in a series literally adapted from turn-based wargaming
>>
>>332061074
nu v
>>
>>332060990
Blood angels are notoriously long lived, it's not unlikely to see them reaching high positions, and that particular marine was of a higher rank than a fucking newfag devastator.

I was honestly more baffled by the dancing sorcerer vanishing in fairy dust as the lascannon shot that underwhelming zap
>>
>>332055303
>fucking dead at launch
oh the irony
>>
>>332060881
>each faction has 5 subfactions you can pick from for variety
Wait, the different chapters aren't just for show? Do they actually have different stats?
>>
File: 1440575963239.jpg (274 KB, 908x1126) Image search: [Google]
1440575963239.jpg
274 KB, 908x1126
When the fuck are they adding Orks?

Also are they still sticking with the f2p Ork idea? that sounded great.
>>
>>332060881
Do you know if there are any plans to do all loyalist legions and chaos legions as the sub-factions?
>>
>>332062265

Free to WAAAAGH wont work any more because it's not going to be open world. So you wont be able to have more numerous weaker orks
>>
>>332062152
not different stats, but some subfactions will have different classes and the "tech tree" will ideally have fluffy options based on the subfaction.

For example don't expect apothecaries among the space wolves, that chapter doesn't have standard ones but will have wolf priests (the chaplains fulfill the duty of the apo in the space wolves)

While for example I would expect the possibility to have a perk that increments standard bolter rounds damage for the imperial fists or bonus to repairing.
Small stuff like peculiar weapons too (melta pistols for Bangels, frost axes for wolves etc)

>>332062265
After the eldar, motion capture should be done for them by now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRE5vgixHNY (relevant after 16:00)
we still don't know when the eldar will be available though, so I'd not expect orks until a few weeks before launch at worst.

the f2p orks option is postponed post launch to reserve server space to the paying players until they feel confident in attracting more players.
I'm calling bullshit, I don't think f2waaagh will ever come.
>>
>>332062461
I don't think they planned on introducing all of them eventually, but it's possible and likely they will add more.

Something to consider is that all the chaos subfactions until now are specifically non aligned or undivided, maybe because the 4 aligned legions will be explored through elite units (plague marines, noise marines, berserks and rubrics) rather than a whole subfaction who know?
>>
>>332063105
That sounds kinda cool, but I hope they'll let me change chapters when its implemented then, because I already made a Night Lord and Imperial Fist and I'd hate to have to grind out ranks again just in case I'm not interested in what these chapters have to offer.
>>
>>332055303
The campaign is really short
The gameplay flow isn't great, the primary way of healing yourself is repetitive kill animations
I still had fun with it though
>>
>>332063105
you seem to know an awful lot about this game
>>
>>332063105
The F2P Ork option was scrapped.

>There is NO F2P option (orks or otherwise)
http://steamcommunity.com/app/375230/discussions/0/451851477890595521/
>>
>>332063406
>That sounds kinda cool
Entire premise of Eternal Crusade, and that's all there is to it

Fuck, just look at the trailers and what not they've produced and proudly put on display, they're abysmal
>>
>>332063538
You mean Space Marine, not early access garbage.
https://youtu.be/WXDUnYd4H70
>>
>>332063567
I'm a founder and visit their forums.

If you are assuming I'm a shill, you'll likely not believe me when I say that I'm just a person too hopeful about this game who's answering the questions of anons I stumbled on /v/.

>>332063406
I don't think you'll be able to change chapter, I don't even think it will be possible to change sex with the eldar even, if you worry about the grinding you're doing in the alpha then you have to know there will be at least one progress resets at the end of the alpha.

If you're playing now to get something later you're doing it wrong.
>>
>>332063993
Oh I didn't notice the name
>>
>>332064183
>you have to know there will be at least one progress resets at the end of the alpha
Oh, that actually makes me not worried at all then. I'll just keep playing until its not fun anymore without worrying if I'll have to regrind shit in the future then.
>>
>>332064183
Except you're wrong as shit.

"Wolf Priests" will just be apothecaries with a palette change. There is and will be no F2P orks. etc.
>>
>>332064387
But it has been confirmed by the devs that the wolf priest will at least have different weaponry.
>>
>tfw undecided on which Chaos Space Marine chapter is the best
>>
>>332066232
>chaos
>chapters

u wot m8
>>
>>332066232
Everyone besides TS and Apla Legion is shit.
>>
>>332066232
iron warriors are stupid and boring
night lords are edgy tryhards
black legion are loser posterboys
alpha legion are memetic backstabbers
word bearers are the only true answer
>>
>>332066412

>Muh cuckhold has a text to speech device

Get out.
>>
File: wew.jpg (121 KB, 524x492) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
121 KB, 524x492
>>332066905
>>
>>332060725
as it should be, i would hate seeing the meele classes being worth something close to nothing. but you are indeed right that the assaults right now are bullshit.

as for the apothecaries, they are a bit tough to beat right now, maybe if they nerf their max health or something, they still need to make him a viable support class that can go into the fire zone.

the game still need a long way to go before it became good enough for a open world.
>>
>>332060725
>complaining about Apothecaries and Storm Shields when it comes to melee
I take it you haven't played since the last patch, Mark of Nurgle is the new hotness now, so hot in fact that it ended up resulting in this >>332060290 when previously the map used to be 80% Space Marine territory.
>>
>>332055303
Its already dead. Although really it never even took off.

Its been years and between unkeepable promises and shitty management the game has been one endless disaster, its years and years away from being finished and likely wont go beyond what it is now which is a poor running mess.

Tis a shame.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.