[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
does using save/load state make me a casual?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1456983740171.jpg (52 KB, 613x617) Image search: [Google]
1456983740171.jpg
52 KB, 613x617
does using save/load state make me a casual?
>>
>>332050125
Extremely
>>
>>332050125
no
>>
Do what you want. In my opinion as long as you aren't on the easiest difficulty or following a walkthrough you're fine to exploit the game's tools and mechanics to your benefit. Worrying about being hardcore constantly makes you casual. Just play the game and enjoy yourself. If saving/loading is a part of that, go for it.
>>
>>332050125
You are one anyway, so saving here and there won't really make difference.
>>
only if your in mid level, if you save at end of level that's not too bad senpai
>>
>>332050125

Depends on how you are using it.
>>
>>332050125
dumb frogposter
>>
Depends. If you're saving so you can load again after you die thats pretty casual shit, yeah.

If you're using a save state because you want to stop playing and come back later thats more than fine. Its actually pretty stupid that even today there are games that don't let you save+quit.
>>
>>332050125

Only if you use it as an oops button to make encounters easier. Resetting bugs and undoing bullshit mechanics are fine.

>try to shoot enemy
>friendly quest-central NPC walks in front of the fucking projectile
>they now want to kill you

Fuck you elder scrolls.
>>
Games are a form of entertainment. Don't kid yourself that it's better or more valid to play in a specific way, that's like saying you're superior for watching a full TV series in a single sitting or not skipping the commercials. If you get enjoyment out of it then you're doing it right. If you're playing in a way that you don't find fun just to prove that you're hardcore, you're worse than the people who save repeatedly or look at walkthroughs. Games are there for playing, so just play them.
>>
>>332050125
if its in games like metroid then yes
unless, of course, you're needed someplace else and couldn't find a save spot
>>
>>332050125
Depends some older games literally have no save feature, like mega man, fuck writing down the password, i hated that as a kid and i hate it now.
Although i`m really shit at them anyways, so a lot of the time i just need to select new game to pick up where i left off
>>
>>332050323
getting rid of tediousness
>>
For Russian games you need this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRpfCMDr8fg

Jimsterling is impatient here though, it is doable with some patient and cheap tacticts.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.