[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How long is this game? Its pretty cool but I feel like I'm
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
How long is this game?

Its pretty cool but I feel like I'm just reading for 80% of the time...and then when i kill monsters they dont even give me exp.

i did like all of the quests in defiance bay and just headed to dyrford village

the writing itself is pretty good though sometimes it feels unfocused, almost like its inappropriate for the setting

anyway pillars of the eternal thread
>>
i thought people liked this game

the new update came out like a month ago
>>
>>332048774
Have to say I really like the game, but for some reason once I started exploring the caves below the keep you get I stopped playing it, just lost interest.
>>
>>332049745
yeah i think thats about how i feel about the game right now
>>
>>332049745
Same thing happened to me. Combat just felt completely pointless since you get no xp and the drops all sucked.
>>
What bothered me was the rushed ending.
First the story is slow as a snail and then you jump down a well and the game shits the bed,
it's like 1 month before release they realized they can't postpone it and just slapped some shit onto it.
Pretty strange as I personally would write and program the ending before Act 3 as middle sections are full of fluff anyway and not that important.
Come to think of it, the game should've be called Pillars of Eternal Boring Dialogue or Fluff of Eternity.
>>
>>332048774
It took me couple of hours to completely forget about the exp system. I get it it's so fundamental part of RPG gaming that it might be hard to not fixate on it. It comes down to how interested one is about the quests and the setting I guess.
>>
i'd deal with the dumb story if the fags at obsidian didn't try to make their gay ass stand on qt characters and romances

or at least let us mod some in

i guess punching a pride of lions by yourself is pretty fun
>>
>>332050641
So I can just skip this game and go ahead to Divinity Original Sin without this inner-voice in my head telling me I was such a faggot to skip le Pillurs of Eternuty?
>>
>>332051240
It's a half decent core game but the world is presented so unimmersive, there are no good uncommon or rare random drops, that means you can only collect clutter from monsters.
I liked that you can respond in so many ways and actually build a reputation on being stoic or honest and the speech checks are pretty engaging but it never deeply affected me what happened next or what is happening at all.
In the last third of the game I grew impatient with the story and skipped through half of it, some time later I tried sitting through it but it was a clusterfuck.
It's also a shame no class really has any cool features which really stand out, magic is pretty standard and in vanilla companions were a hassle to micro manage.
>>
>>332051240
I did it the other way. Played through Pillars and the DLC first, Divinity afterwards. I have near 200 hours in Pillars, 4 in Divinity and probably not gonna continue it.
>>
>>332049745
>I really like the game
>just lost interest
>>
>>332048774
>I feel like I'm just reading for 80% of the time...and then when i kill monsters they dont even give me exp.

top laff, stick to skyrim bud
>>
>>332048774
>I feel like I'm just reading for 80% of the time
Then you must be a pretty slow reader.
>>
I really wanted to like this game but got bored very fast.
>>
>>332053535
Skyrim doesn't give you exp either lol
>>
>>332054003
It's your fault for not being able to read throught walls upon walls of text of pointless shit
>>
I read somewhere that Obsidian had chopped a hell of a lot out of Act 3, which would explain why the ending felt like you were aboard a speeding train.
>>
>>332051240
Divinity is fun if you've got a friend willing to go through all that shit with you

Otherwise no, Pillars is far better

Divinity is the absolute most textbook, unremarkable thing you can play
Polished and certainly not bad, but the only memorable moments I have of it are from fucking around with my friend
>>
>read read read
>grab some bros for a party
>go explore
>get my shit insta slapped by a group of piglets

Yeah nah fuck this game
>>
>>332054698
Ladies and gentlemen, a man who has never played an infinity engine game
>>
>>332054805
>a man who has never played an infinity engine game

Oh no?...then please enlighten me oh masterful infinty game engine wizard!
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.