[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So i missed out on the wii and wii u. Just got a wii u from my
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: B009AGXH64hardware.jpg (48 KB, 1024x665) Image search: [Google]
B009AGXH64hardware.jpg
48 KB, 1024x665
So i missed out on the wii and wii u. Just got a wii u from my sister with a bunch of kids games. Been dicking around with mario maker and i biught a link to the past on the VC. Just curious as to why this thing has failed. It seems like an awesome system. Playing the wii is a bag of dicks.
>>
Mass market donf want to buy a console for kids games.
>>
>>332041616
yeah no, it's because the average person can't tell the difference between a wii and wii u
>>
>>332041616
I can see that. But it has games that arent for for kids. I've heard great things about Xenoblade which i plan on picking up.
>>
People STILL think it's a peripheral for the Wii
And I don't just mean soccer moms. There are people that I work with who have been gaming since the Playstation/N64 days who don't know what the fuck it is.

Additionally, the controller reads poorly.
Yeah, it's nice to actually use it, and some of it's functionality, like off screen play, ends up pulling a lot more weight than you're initial impression would probably have you think, but a prospective new user get doubts about using it just by looking at the thing.
>>
>>332041752
Hmmm, maybe naming it Wii U was silly, but surely they had a similiar problem with Nintendo, Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64?
>>
>>332041858
I can see that. It looks ugly and uncofortable as sin. Playing LttP on it is comfy as fuck though. I don't know, it seems a shame that its getting axed so quickly, it seems like it has the potential to do some awesome things if Nintendo just got their heads out of their own asses.
>>
>>332042158
It was also Nintendo's first attempt at HD so there were many delays on first party titles and lack of third party support beyond launch didn't help the droughts betweeen releases.
>>
File: FREAKOUT.jpg (1 KB, 98x94) Image search: [Google]
FREAKOUT.jpg
1 KB, 98x94
It really is shocking to me that they chose to name it the "Wii U". Maybe they know something I don't, but it seems obvious that this would lead to confusion. Unfortunately it's extremely typical of Nintendo. For example:

*GameBoy Advance Generation*
Gameboy Advance
Gameboy Advance SP
Gameboy Advance Micro

*DS Generation*
Nintendo DS
Nintendo DSi
Nintendo DSi XL

*3DS Generation*
Nintendo 3DS
Nintendo 3DS XL
Nintendo 2DS

The typical layperson doesn't have a chance in hell of understanding the differences between these products.

With the WiiU, people honestly didn't know it was coming out, and when it did, they could understand how it was different from the Wii. And how could they? The launch title was nintendo world (land??) and ZombieU for fucks sake.
>>
>>332041172
Anyone here play Yoshi's Woolly World?
I've been debating on buying it and a yarn yoshi amiibo for co-op action.
>>
>>332044387
So then why wasn't the same problem had for Nintendo Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64?
>>
>>332045286
It's really fucking chill super easy though. Don't go in expecting yoshis island on the snes. It's pretty much a game to put you to sleep.
>>
>>332042928
I havent really paid any attention to between release issues. But it seems like there is a great mix of games to pick up if somone got a wii u today. And at this point i would hope they have figured out how to make mario in hd. I guess i just feel that a 4 year lifespan is more growing pains than anything. Maybe instead of moving on to the NX release some fucking wii u games!
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.