[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was thinking about getting pic related and Condemned on Steam.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: FEAR_DVD_box_art.jpg (75 KB, 256x361) Image search: [Google]
FEAR_DVD_box_art.jpg
75 KB, 256x361
I was thinking about getting pic related and Condemned on Steam. I had them a long time ago when they came out on 360. Condemned was an awesome experience but I never got around to finishing F.E.A.R. Did these games age well enough to go back to?
>>
Bumperino
>>
FEAR is great to play every once in awhile but you're not missing anything by leaving it unfinished. The ending was really bad.

I've never played Condemned.
>>
>>332037620
>age
>came out after 1995
I dont think so champ
>>
>>332039489
They both came out a decade ago.

I don't think it's a strange question to ask.
>>
>>332037620
fear 2 is probably better since its more reminiscent of generic fps like COD games with the aim down sights and shit.

fear 1 is like playing a really spooky half life which really turned me off because the graphics were so unimpressive and shooting mechanics mediocre
>>
File: 1457559245984.jpg (13 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1457559245984.jpg
13 KB, 250x250
>>332040029
>Fear 1
>mediocre shooting mechanics
>>>/out/
>>
>>332037620
The last good games Monolith made, FEAR and Condemned. The package you'll be getting on Steam carries the two expansions, which are better then the sequels.
Condemned is a good game, its sequel has one good bit and fucks the story hard.
They have dated a bit, but you still have fragment shading and realtime shadows with plenty of physics fuckery, more than most modern games.
>>332040029
Mediocre shooting mechanics what now? No iron sights hurt de bumbum?
>>
>>332040029
I played FEAR 2. It wasn't a bad game but once was good enough. It did feel like a generic shooter but it kept me interested enough to see it to the end.
>>
>>332041049
I loved Condemned. The second one I couldn't force myself to play all the way through. Although I did find the multiplayer enjoyable. It was a good idea.
>>
The first F.E.A.R. is good, and the Steam version (which includes both expansions) goes down to $2.49 during almost every major sale, which is great.

F.E.A.R. 2 isn't as good as the original, but it's not awful. You might enjoy it. F.E.A.R. 3, meanwhile, is truly a piece of shit, specifically designed for a cooperative mode that no one will want to play with you.

If you insist on getting the entire series anyway, it's $4.99 here:

https://www.bundlestars.com/en/bundle/fear-bundle

The F.E.A.R. collection on Steam is never that cheap, not even during sales. The downside of using Bundle Stars is that you can't get a Steam refund on a key purchased from a third-party site.

If you're not sure that you want the whole series, you should probably just wait for the next major Steam sale and get the first game for $2.49.
>>
>>332037620
fear is fine. you can force hbao with drivers. steam version come prepatched so it supports high res and 100+ fps without any file editing.
>>
>>332040029
>fear 1 is like playing a really spooky half life

But that's why F.E.A.R. is such a good game.
>>
File: doubt.png (85 KB, 492x280) Image search: [Google]
doubt.png
85 KB, 492x280
>>332040029
>fear 1
>shooting mechanics
>mediocre
>>
>>332043021
Yeah like saying that is going to completely turn someone off.
>>
>>332037620
Fear is still pretty good, I replay it every year.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.