[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why the fuck doesn't EVERYONE consider Sunshine the best
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
Why the fuck doesn't EVERYONE consider Sunshine the best Mario game?
>>
>>332029265
The best part of Sunshine were the bonus levels
Mario Galaxy is practically nothing but Mario Sunshine's bonus levels
>>
>>332029265
It's boring
>>
>>332029380
>Mario Galaxy is practically nothing but Mario Sunshine's bonus levels
lol yea except for the garbage fucking floatiness and lack of belly flop. Fuck the Galaxy games. Don't you dare attempt to compare them to Sunshine's bonus stages.
>>
>>332029265
because it's not SMW
>>
>it's not a 64 clone!
>it innovates too much!
>muh pure platformer!
>boo hoo!

that about covers it
>>
level were all boring and stuck too close to the tropical island theme
backpack gimmick
spastic controls
camera and physics makes the levels feel tiny
mechanics/encounters repeated too often

its not a bad game, its just one of the worst mario games
>>
>>332029380
The best part of Mario Sunshine was obviously Bowser Jr, you whore.
>>
Because Sunshine is fucking terrible and people only like it if itwas their first Mario game.
>>
It's a pretty damn good game
>>
because this is not your autistic fantasy world where everyone agrees with you.
>>
>>332029265
They were too young to play it
>>
>>332029265
Galaxy 1 and 2 exist
>>
File: sunshine enemies.png (285 KB, 600x466) Image search: [Google]
sunshine enemies.png
285 KB, 600x466
Half the levels Mario 64 had.
Less varied levels than 64 had
You have to get Shines 1-7 in every stage to open the final level, your actual shine count stops mattering early on, making the entire shine system and collecting any optional ones basically pointless.
A crazy number of shines are just coin collection.
Pretty much all of the side content is complete garbage.
Rushed as fuck so they could get an actual Mario game out on the 'Cube.
Final level is short and would have zero difficulty if the boat physics weren't broken.
Had the worst character designs in the series until Super Paper Mario.
>>
No long jump.
>>
>>332029768
>calls it a backpack
>>
>>332029265
It was made before Mario fans became the brainless sheep who will lap up anything with the word NEw or 3D in it.
>>
>>332030701
Man, even back in the Gamecube days I just looked at everything Sunshine and was like "none of this looks like Mario at all".
>>
It could have been if it wasn't rushed
I still love it though
>>
>>332029265
It's trash and Cubebabby's first Mario
>>
Its a perfect game

Fun if underused gimmicks
Best physics mario has ever had, everything after sunshine he was super stiff and controlled like a tank, his jumps always left you second guessing if you would die
Those 10/10 bonus levels
Great music and setting/themes, innovative for the series
Further branched out more by trying to add story elements

It has its flaws no doubt but its a fantastic game. Now a days the neo nintendrones who slurp up any diarrhea nintendo shits out get triggered if it doesnt look like NSMB and has 0 platforming like the 3D games
>>
To this day I still haven't gotten that poison river shine the real way
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.