[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
RE: Vendetta is coming in 2017. Since RE: Damnation came out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8
File: RE-Vendetta-Film-Titled.jpg (196 KB, 960x1352) Image search: [Google]
RE-Vendetta-Film-Titled.jpg
196 KB, 960x1352
RE: Vendetta is coming in 2017. Since RE: Damnation came out shortly before Resident Evil 6, this means RE7 is a lock-in for 2017.

>RE6 Leon.
>Ducati motorcycle. Jake rode a Ducati in RE6.
>Therefore RE7 will be RE6 direct sequel.
>>
>>332022207

>Italian garbage.

Not even once. Who /R1/ here?
>>
>>332022207
That makes a lot of sense do you have a horoscope I could subscribe to?
>>
I'd love to see Resident Evil rebooted.

The lore of the series has become extremely convoluted and absurd. The gameplay is in a no-man's land of Gears of War shoulder-cam and classic tank controls.

I'd love to see it intentionally embrace its own B-Movie shlockiness, and pursue a new gameplay direction that doesn't feel like a cousin of every action game out there these days.
>>
>new shitty RE cartoon for that pathetic fanbase who still hopes they'll eventually make a masterpiece like the original series
>new cartoon is a partial advertisement for normie hobbies like motorbikes
>they've made Leon a bigger edgelord than imaginable
>the ABCDEFGXYZT-Virus has escaped the hands of *** and now *** is making le bioweapon flying monkeys

Jesus Christmas just end it already Capcom.
>>
>>332023115
>I'd love to see Resident Evil rebooted.
Terrible idea.
>The lore of the series has become extremely convoluted and absurd.
No, it hasn't. The overall Resident Evil lore is fairly straightforward.
>The gameplay is in a no-man's land of Gears of War shoulder-cam and classic tank controls.
And rebooting would fix this how exactly?
>I'd love to see it intentionally embrace its own B-Movie shlockiness
Capcom hate that schlockiness. It was an unintentional result of Capcom developers being unable to speak English, and they've spent over a decade running away from it.
>>
>>332023150
>>new shitty RE cartoon for that pathetic fanbase who still hopes they'll eventually make a masterpiece like the original series
The CG films are aimed at people who love RE5 and RE6, since they tie directly into those games and feature epic fight scenes.
Leon isn't much of an edgelord. He just hates his life and his job and wants to die.
>the ABCDEFGXYZT-Virus has escaped the hands of *** and now *** is making le bioweapon flying monkeys
Vendetta will very likely be about THE FAMILY who control the Unites States.
>>
>>332023385
Yo senpai, I know you wanna debate this but I can't be arsed

If you don't think the fiction of this world is balls-to-walls nonsense bullshit, nothing can be done

I'm sorry anon

It's terminal
>>
File: Leon lasers.jpg (94 KB, 600x860) Image search: [Google]
Leon lasers.jpg
94 KB, 600x860
>>332023150
Leon being a hyper competent, wisecracking teenage boy in a 10/10 male adult body working as a secret agent man is about 80% of his charm.

Don't take that away from him, please.
>>
>>332023557
>Leon isn't much of an edgelord.
>He just hates his life and his job and wants to die

come_on_son.png
>>
>>332023385
>I'd love to see it intentionally embrace its own B-Movie shlockiness
What do you think they've been doing these past several years?

The entirety of modern Resident Evil is basically a really high budget B-movie.
>>
File: 1455561209191.jpg (37 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1455561209191.jpg
37 KB, 600x600
>>332023115
>wanting Resident Evil to be rebooted RE6 style
>>
>>332023693
>Leon being a hyper competent, wisecracking teenage boy in a 10/10 male adult body working as a secret agent man is about 80% of his charm.
Name a single time Leon has behaved that way outside of the notoriously liberally translated RE4.
>>
>>332023795
>The entirety of modern Resident Evil is basically a really high budget B-movie.
What makes RE "B" compared to an A-list movie like, for example, World War Z?
>>
>>332023795
The schlock is not self-aware, it's just shlock.

It never ribs itself for its own meandering, po-faced nonsense. All of 5 & 6 is played straight as fuck, and it's worse for it
>>
I just want Capcom to stop. Leave it to die already.
>>
>>332023923
>I'd love to see it intentionally embrace its own B-Movie shlockiness, and pursue a new gameplay direction that doesn't feel like a cousin of every action game out there these days.

not even him dude, but can you into reading?
>>
>>332024061
>I just want Capcom to stop. Leave it to die already.
Why? Unlike stuff like Mega Man, which Capcom was correct to kill off, Resident Evil games sell well and are hugely popular. Devs have fun making them, players have fun playing them. Why on earth would they stop?
>>
>>332023936
Game over
RETURN OF GANON
>>
File: image.jpg (52 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52 KB, 900x506
I hope they won't throw in Mary Sue No.1 again just for the sake of it but since it's probably a sequel to RE6 they most likely will.

Prepare yourself for Leon being punked by his waifu once again.
>>
>>332024218
> Devs have fun making them

wew lad
>>
>>332024118
A ""new"" gameplay direction, is the not where the series should be headed, under any circumstances. If anything the series desperately needs either to go back to its roots, or simply die off.
>>
>>332024376
Nonsense. Resident Evil's survival depends on constant reinvention. Going back to survival horror, for example, is never, ever, ever going to happen because literally nobody gives a shit about survival horror games in 2016 besides me and 10 other people.

Resident Evil's primary purposes is to tell stories about BIO ORGANIC WEAPONS. The videogames pair these stories with gameplay the audience finds appealing. Coincidentally, audiences find epic sucker punching monsters appealing.
>>
Shame Cuckcum decide to go for the utlra serious emo shite with RE5 and onwards.

They could have stuck with the dank meme sprouting from Resi 4 and would have been more popular because of it. Crapcom's market researchers deserve the sack.
>>
This shit is turning into Cod Jewcom needs to stop rehashing garbage over and over again.
>>
>>332022207
>Ducati
>Vendetta
So, are we going to see an RE CGI movie with Chris, Rebecca, and Leon going after Il Veltro in Italy?
>>
>>332024663
>Shame Cuckcum decide to go for the utlra serious emo shite with RE5 and onwards.
All that changed is the shit translators got replaced with marginally less shit translators. Resident Evil/Biohazard has been super cereal since the first game.
>They could have stuck with the dank meme sprouting from Resi 4 and would have been more popular because of it. Crapcom's market researchers deserve the sack.
Last I checked, only fanboys cared about RE4.
>>
File: RE_REV_UE_chris_121219.jpg (91 KB, 800x1000) Image search: [Google]
RE_REV_UE_chris_121219.jpg
91 KB, 800x1000
>>332023612
>If you don't think the fiction of this world is balls-to-walls nonsense bullshit, nothing can be done

Not him, but I'd argue that it's actually a pretty interesting, surprisingly reasonable take on the "zombie/bioweapon apocalypse" scenario games like to use so often.

The very fact that the game have built up a lore where after raccoon city, the governments of the world actually assembled a task force specifically trained and equipped to fight horrific science abominations instead of just succumbing to them in a pre-game lore-heavy intro for the sake of establishing a horror scenario actually puts it in a pretty unique place as far as franchises go. The transition from survival-horror to action-horror is a direct result of the setting itself adapting to the horror aspect. The characters you play as have been at this sort of thing since the 90's, and they've all transitioned to victims of circumstance to active participants in fighting those circumstances in an attempt to prevent them from happening.

That's why I never faulted Resident Evil for moving from an emphasis on horror to an emphasis on action. The people within the fiction have dealt with the horror in the past and are now accustomed to fighting it head on.

Besides, there are other franchises that have come out since that do horror far better than Resident Evil ever did, so it's not like horror fans, including myself, are really missing out of "what could/should have been."
>>
>>332023693
OK Homo, I'll leave him be.

>retracts dark katana blade
>>
>>332023936
> i didn't play Resident Evil 2
> Oh boy
> That maniac's gonna ram us!
> Man, why doesn't anyone ever listen to me?
> Game Over
>>
>>332023936
The movies, mostly, not to mention the Wii shooting games.

Granted, in RE6 he had lost his close friend and was dealing with a LOT of innocent deaths he couldn't prevent, so I'm willing to accept that he might be a lot more serious in this situation.
>>
>>332024376
They'll never go back to the roots. The audience changed in the past 20 years and games that only rely on survival-horror won't sell very well. I can assure you that Capcom will make RE7 in a similar fashion as RE6.

Maybe they'll throw a bit more horror in there but it'll never be like the old RE games.
>>
I think Resident Evil could still be horror, we just need a soft-reboot of sorts with new characters, a new threat who isn't Umbrella, and a new storyline, and an emphasis on slower gameplay that isn't action-focused
>>
>>332024861
Here's your (you)
>>
>>332025010
>Granted, in RE6 he had lost his close friend
Fun fact. Leon's relationship with Benford in RE6 is the product of shitty translation. Leon fucking hates Benford. He's under duress, forced to fight whether he wants to or not. His speech about suicide in RE: Damnation reflects the fact he puts up with his miserable life out of moral obligation. Leon is not happy. RE: Damnation Leon and RE6 Leon are more less the same.

Benford was behind Sherry being kept prisoner since 1998, incidentally.
>>
>>332024039
>All of 5 & 6 is played straight as fuck, and it's worse for it
Just like RE1-3. Only RE4 (which oldfags hated for changing the formula) was the only one with some sense of self-awareness.
>>
>>332025391
>Fun fact. Leon's relationship with Benford in RE6 is the product of shitty translation. Leon fucking hates Benford. He's under duress, forced to fight whether he wants to or not.
The line in the game is "I've always valued your friendship, Leon." The correct line from the Japanese script is "Thanks for going along with me," or something along those lines. Leon is quite upset in RE: Damnation because he thinks that the entire situation in the Eastern Slav Republic was orchestrated by western governments.
>>
>>332025391
>Benford was behind Sherry being kept prisoner since 1998, incidentally.
To be fair, that was more to protect her from Wesker and make sure she didn't mutate like her father.

Simmons was the one that made her protective custody a living hell.
>>
>>332024061
Why does it matter? Some people still enjoy the series and its not like the older games arent still there.
>>
>The Resident Evil films LITERALLY destroyed a woman
>>
>>332027178
The live action British/American Resident Evil films are non-canon and not really relevant to Capcoms' Resident Evil series.
>>
>>332024602
I'd actually like to see a game follow up on the basic premise of Umbrella's BOW project: Some terrorist or military dictator buys BOW and recklessly uses them on his enemy.

Closest anyone got was in the Darkside Chronicles but that was still just dealing in the virus.
>>
>>332027870
>Some terrorist or military dictator buys BOW and recklessly uses them on his enemy.
That was the plot of Resident Evil: Damnation, RE6's prequel film.
>>
>>332028020
I'll trust you if you say that's the case, I've given up watching Resident Evil Movies. But it's still not a game. I'd be fine playing a routine BSAA excursion that doesn't tie into a world domination plan.
>>
>>332025130
Horror is about tone. Capcom has every allowance to take any character, including Chris or Leon, veterans of 6 games, and put them in any number of scenarios that would be conducive to a horror game.

Chris could wake up handcuffed to a pipe, and break his writs getting it out of the cuffs: and then proceed to spend the entire game staggering and shooting only when he stands still owing to inaccurately because he injured his shooting arm.

Leon could get disavowed just before getting evac'd from the middle of a BOW outbreak and framed for by shady higherups with no way out except through.

Chris could get blackout drunk again and forget everything he's seen, reacting with horror when anything with a virus comes at him.

Anyone could get infected and become increasingly agitated in desperation to find a cure. Or suffer emotional distress. Or just get stuck with out support or equipment in a shitstorm.
>>
>>332023115
fuck off faggot cunt
>>
>>332024875
I don't have a lot to contribute to this beyond the fact that I've always appreciated how Resident Evil is a zombie story but not a zombie apocalypse story.
>>
>>332023115
Fuck your idea.

If Capcum wasn't porting 4, 5 and 6 to PS4/Xbone I had assumed that they were soft-rebooting the series with the HD versions of 0 and 1, and the all new remake of 2, but I guess not.
>>
>>332028363
>Olivia-Jackson
Damnation takes place within the fiction of the games, unlike the movieverse.

It stars Leon as the Protag.
>>
>>332030547
...which the post above yours pointed out, now that I look at it.
>>
>>332030547
But you play it by pressing Triangle once right?
>>
>>332027178
>DE-
>GLOVED
>FACE

>>332027335
>tfw we will never get George A Romero's Resident Evil film I read part of the script and it was fucking shit but at least they used the actual game characters and scenario
>>
>>332023150
>>new shitty RE cartoon for that pathetic fanbase who still hopes they'll eventually make a masterpiece like the original series
Dude the CGI movies are pretty good. Degeneration actually used the G-Virus and had another Birkin-esque creature, so that was awesome, plus it had mai waifu Claire. Damnation was basically Leon being the biggest badass on the planet going so far as to knife fight a god damn Tyrant at the end. Sure, they're dumb action movies, but they're legitimately better than the shit show that is the live action movie series.
>>
File: RE6 the world at Steak.jpg (512 KB, 1124x898) Image search: [Google]
RE6 the world at Steak.jpg
512 KB, 1124x898
>>332024875
>built up
But it's only very recently anything that's been tossed up about Resident Evil's plot has been looked at to stick. It took 11 real-life years for any of Chris' Anti-umbrella activities other than saving Claire to merit a mention. It took 16 real life years for any background information on it's history beyond an intern's brainfarted placeholders that mentioned the number of other people in it. And really that's all thanks to Tose since they have writing credits on the Revelations, not Capcom.

In the meantime and even still dozens of plot threads have been created, teased and then abandoned, ignored, and reconnected out of and even into existence.
Ada's bosses, who has been working against Umbrella since the first game and by proxy appear in half of all the mainline games through her, have still yet to be properly introduced.
The first draft of Umbrella's defeat was "It happened and we moved on".
Umbrella NEVER DOES ANYTHING with the G-Virus despite the pains taken to assure us that HUNK's mission being a success is canon... unless Dead Aim counts when it's just another rogue scientist that makes off with it.
In RE5 it is vital information that Jill is captured by Wesker, after Chris went on a mission that he thought she died on. But it's treated like a climax in the middle of the game even though preceding it is the flashback that sets it up.
There's a total of about 5 retcons regarding Leon's and Sherry's epilogue in RE3 and whether Leon inadvertantly handed her over to Wesker.
The games are so afraid to mention secondary characters or mention any event that hasn't taken place within the game that a strategy guide's mistake is sometimes floated as canonical proof of character's death. Resident Evil has the perfect in-series means to deal with tangential shit like this: Reports. But they're only used in a throwaway capacity.

I have no problem with RE continuing. but I don't believe Capcom has any plans to make it contiguous.
>>
>>332024602
>Going back to survival horror, for example, is never, ever, ever going to happen because literally nobody gives a shit about survival horror games in 2016 besides me and 10 other people.
Wasn't there something about the REmake remaster being Capcom's fastest selling digital title? I'd say survival horror still has a pretty good size audience.
>>
>>332024309
Nah, the next time Leon finds Ada, he's finally going to get his answers, and her story will be revealed.
>>
>>332023385
>The overall Resident Evil lore is fairly straightforward
what
>>
>>332033684
Yeah keep a candle lit for that hope.
>>
If they dont pull some bullshit to bring wesker back i'll be upset.
>>
>>332034916
Don't have to hope to know that lad, she even tells him at the end of RE6 he'll get his answers the next time they meet.
>>
>>332035163
Just like how she declared she was no longer Ada after escaping Raccoon City?``
>>
>>332035163
She just tells him "see you around" like every goddamn time.

Capcom really needs to deliver some answers on Ada in the next game otherwise I wouldn't see the point of her character.
>>
>>332035640
Honestly RE6 was the time for bringing Ada or The Organization into the light. The trailers showcased it and really I couldn't imagine any more sensible progression after Wesker. Ada with her still-unnamed organization making their powerplay after countless other rivals had been quelled by their own manipulations or other powers that be. They showed her being merciless and starting Biohazard outbreaks. Coming around on the fact that all this time, even while harboring affection for Leon she was committing crimes against humanity by trying to steal the ever-more dangerous mutagens and bioweapons that emerge.

Instead it turns out her evil clone did all that, but Real Ada helps everyone she comes across, for reasons I can't contrive to fit her character otherwise, but only serve to show "No she's not a villain".
>>
>>332023385
Is that you, Newsbot?
>>
Is Ada a virgin?
>>
>>332037701
In Damnation she implied that she had a thing going on with Leon no?
Thread replies: 66
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.