[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Halo 5 thread: Bonnie Ross ruined the franchise edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 2128x1197) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 2128x1197
Is Halo 5 the worst Halo ever? Come, vent your frustrations.
>>
File: CWxWnCGWUAANS7O.png (316 KB, 600x1107) Image search: [Google]
CWxWnCGWUAANS7O.png
316 KB, 600x1107
its dead
>>
>Play Campaign
>Fuck-all idea of what's really going on and can't get behind Locke's squad at all, even with Buck on board
>Play MP
>It's alright but even with the divisions I still come top of my team with somewhere between 18 and 25 kills in slayer types, still losing because the rest of my team is tanking hard
>Play Invasion
>It's a fuckabout gamemode and I'm too much of a tryhard shitbag to mess about in it
>>
File: 1451133460932.png (165 KB, 477x345) Image search: [Google]
1451133460932.png
165 KB, 477x345
>microtransactions
>halo
>microsoft has hundreds of billions offshore
#4theplayers
>>
>>321697073
The campaign is what gets me. Every campaign before it sans Halo 4 was amazing and memorable, hell even Halo 4's campaign was ok, but Halo 5's was just so damn boring and disappointing.
>>
I'm really enjoying it, feels like it breathes new life into the franchise. Looking forward to file Browser.
>>
>>321697403
Idk Reach's left something to be desired for me but the multiplayer fully made up for it. IMO the perfect halo would be have the campaigns of the first 3 all in one and the multiplayer of Reach with maps from all 4
and on PC of course :^)
>>
>>321697073
>watched that "The Sprint" show on Halo Channel
>on the 8th episode or something, the one that shows the aftermath of the mission they made for E3, a year before release, they said something along the lines of "We're ready to produce the full single-player campaign now"
This is when I knew the campaign was going to be rushed and fucking shit.
>>
>>321697828
You could tell in past games they put focus on both single and multiplayer, now with Halo 5 all focus was on the multiplayer, bullshit requisitions, and misleading ad campaign. Goddamnit I fucking hate 343i. This was their last chance.
>>
>>321697262
You aren't at a disadvantage at all for not using them; they are only used for a single bullshit mode and you earn enough in game points per match to get a surplus of cards to use in said bullshit mode anyways, you can't control which cards you earn, and the bullshit game mode has limits set up so you can't just use the most OP card you have whenever you want.

It's probably the least malicious/harmful use of microtransactions I've ever seen. Even if you only play halo 5 for like 2 hours a day 4 days a week, you'll still earn enough just by playing the actual game to play the bullshit mode and not be outdone by people who buy packs with real money
>>
>>321697403
Even Halo 4's campaign was alright

the real problem with that game was the mp
>>
File: 1425380453258.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1425380453258.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
trying too hard to get back into the ""e"-"sports""" scene
ridiculous AA and magnetism
broke as a joke matchmaking
microtransactions
rng cosmetics
>>
>>321697403
Halo 3's story was dogshit
>>
>>321699428
How? That shit was fun as fuck, even better with friends.
>>
>>321698909
I dont fucking get it, isn't the point of going esport is to have:

Low entry barrier (F2P, cosmetic stuffs only, CSGO Dota 2)
Or rely on a huge existing fanbase (COD, Blizzard games)

Why the fuck would they think a full priced EXCLUSIVE / with shittons of microtransaction will be a good esport

5mh
>>
>>321698909
>AA

The pistol has the least AA of all Halo games. The game itself has relatively less autoaim since a strafing player is able to dodge shots, and the magnetism is far from reliable and only really applies when the trigger is pressed if the crosshair is red unless it's a promethean weapon.
>>
>>321696786
>even DSP hates it and thinks its the worst in the entire franchise
>>
>>321696786
>Halo series is my favorite shooter...
>Halo 4 was lame but kinda fun
Halo story RIP
Halo 5 MP is fun... but has only 3 levels for warzone!
>>
I rate the game as above average.

The story had potential, so god damn much potential. The execution ultimately failed it leaving us in a cloud of uncertainty as to what the fuck was going on.

I imagine what happened at 343i is similar to what happened to Bungie in regards to Destiny when it first came out. The goal of a long fulfilling story once again gutted by the higher ups. The reason we already know and have been accustomed to so many times before in this industry, to get it out the door in time for Christmas.

Visually, it looks fantastic, one of the best looking games for a console to come out this year. The soundtrack is also very good and does the franchise justice, resonating with earlier titles with a new spin. Voice acting, one again with Halo, superb. You'd be hard pushed to find a title with better VA and cut-scenes than Halo 5.

So yeah, it's a pretty and lovely sounding game. The shortness and lack of content towards the single player is what ultimately lets it down. No 2 ways around it, it's fucking Déjà vu with what Bungie released for Halo 2. Add to that the lack of local co-op for campaign and there you have one of the worst, if not the worst story mode for the halo franchise. A short and weak campaign I can handle, It's the fact that 343i took a game that was "THE" game to get your buddies round to camp on the couch for the weekend to play, and removed what was possibly one of the most defining features. I just don't get it. Fuck you 343 for doing that.

The multiplayer is fantastic though, warzone is great, arena is great fuck me I really do have a hard time finding a bad thing to say about it, oh wait, yeah the fucking micro transactions. At first I was enraged, now I'm just kinda pissed. Adding micro transactions to a franchise that had never had them before, it was a big WTF moment for me. After finding out that they only affect warzone and a percentage will go towards free DLC for the game and future tournament prizes, well.. (cont)
>>
>>321699659
It was very short and only had two good levels
>>
>>321697787
I liked Reach, lore be fucked. Mostly because there wasn't an obligatory Flood level, and character creation.
>>
>>321696786
It's already out?

What even happens in it?
>>
>>321701556
It calmed my tits down a bit anyway. I mean I still feel it's a huge blow to the gut, but micro-transactions really are a major part of the gaming industry nowadays It's..naive? to think they Halo would be immune to them forever. Don't get me wrong, I still hate them, I just deal with it now I guess.

I'm not trying to justify anything for 343i, they done fucked up the campaign and many other things. They got the multiplayer right though so credit where credits due. I just feel they're taking Halo in the wrong direction, the story anyway. Halo is one of my favorite franchises, Bungie created a some fucking good games and it seems 343 are just fucking it up.

You know you read all this shit nowadays about dodgy releases, games being rushed out the door forcing the devs to cut content. You'd think with the impact of social media they'd stop doing this shit, but no, they don't. They just fuck the consumer around again, and again. Man fuck I don't even know where I'm going with this. I'll just finish it here with a question.

Why do they keep getting away with it?
>>
>>321701556
You're autistic if you get upset about the microtransactions in this game. They're as irrelevant as it gets in arena, the only mode that truly matters.
>>
>>321703272

>>321702979
was my cont from that maybe you saw it maybe you didn't

I realise micro-transactions only affect warzone but here's the thing. The general acceptance of micro-transactions from communities only seem to lead one way, and thats more micro-transactions. Where does it end? The positive feedback from micro transactions in Halo 5 could lead to 343 adding more and more into the next title. I don't think micro-transactions are the end of the world, I just don't want them in Halo, or in any game that I play but that's just my opinion.

Maybe the pro's will outweigh the cons, Free DLC is always a nice thing to hear, especially since I haven't spent a penny on any req packs. I'm just concerned that this was a test flight for more to come in the future
>>
>>321703272
Not him, but I really enjoyed the armor unlock system in Halo 3, Reach, and (even though the game sucked) 4. Completing specific objectives and having definitive ways of unlocking specific pieces of armor was really satisfying, and it's frustrating that it's now been relegated to RNG microtransactions. Sure, it's a very small part of the game, but it still sucks to see an aspect of the franchise made definitively worse in pursuit of profit.
>>
>>321702248
>new team osyris go to mission
>osyris save hasley from covenant 2.0 and kill their leader (plot point left since Halo 4 spartan ops)
>blue team go to mission
>chief having an hallucination of cortana, cortana tells chief about some location
>blue team decide to go to location just in case
>osyris finds out blue team gone to some planet
>osyris go inspect
>osyris find blue team, chief vs locke ensues
>blue team manages to escape to some other planet via portal
>osyris left in said planet, shit ensues there, osyris escapes
>osyris go to sanghelios to seek help from arbiter
>in the mean time blue team investigates other planet
>turns out cortana is alive
>cortana tells blue team where to go to find her
>while blue team is exploring, osyris is having some war against remnants of covenant and forerunners in sanghelios
>osyris allies with arbirter and his crew
>osyris set to find a Guardian because apparently those bastards are teleporting to blu team location
>osyris arrive to planet blue team teleported hours/days ago
>while osyris was doing all of this, blue team found cortana, turns out she's human sized now
>blue team got caught by cortana, something about unifying all races and the need to freeze blue team for some millennia
>osyris arrive to Cortana hideout
>cortana escaping with frozen blue team and all guardians
>osyris save blue team, cortana escapes while crying Johns
>cortana finds infinity and detonates EMP close to earth orbit out of spite
>infinity escapes via slipstream space, Thomas is a fraud
>osyris arrive to sanghelios camp with blue team, John meets with Halsey, game ends with a one liner from her
>legendary ending showing a Halo installation and cortana humming

It was Halo 2 all over again, except that like Halo 4, this game doesn't take place in a Halo at all. However we're in for some shit in the next title.
>>
As somebody who's read pretty much all thr books, the story in 5 was the most contrived, retarded bullshit ever, because not only does it shit on the perfect closure for Cortana in 4, but this whole plot of her being the villain is literally there to just drag this series on for money. Because the Forerunner trilogy of books hint at MAJOR crazy shit is eventually gonna go down in the Haloverse. But if theyre deliberately gonna drag out the plot for years and years for the sake of money then fuck it whatever. Ill play Halo again on the Xbox 480 or whatever the fuck they call it
>>
>>321706635
>legendary ending showing a Halo installation and cortana humming

oh man, I forgot about the ending. I can't be the only one who fucking burst out laughing when they showed that, right?

I really don't get why everyone seems so scarred by the story. Maybe it's cause I didn't follow the marketing, but I felt like I had an alright time playing through the campaign. The cliffhanger was a bummer, but whatever, it was a fun ride. The missions on Sanghelios were cool as shit. And I can appreciate the legendary ending in a "hahaha, I can't believe you're actually gonna fucking do that" kind of way.
>>
>>321708845
Sanghelios was literally the only thing they DID do right in this game
>>
>>321709623
The opening cutscene was real cool too.
>>
>>321709853
That scene was literally the best part of the game.
>>
>>321709853
Osiris and Blue Team both had really good intros.

>>321709623
I kind of liked hearing Cortana tear into Locke's team. Basically calling them fake Spartans and really only giving Buck any credit for anything. Which, I mean, to be fair, the dude's done a fucking lot.
>>
Just finished it, watching the credits. I'm mad. Halo was my favorite franchise and they just ruined it.

>prometheans boring as shit to fight against
>new weapons shit
>3 missions where you only talk to shit
>only 3 missions as chief
>no warthog run finale

It was a little better than 4 though.
>>
>>321700132
>>321698909
you guys are shitting on it too hard. i don't play many games with microtransactions but comparing it to something like Destiny, halo 5's microtransactions are not that bad.

firstly they are optional, you don't need to buy them because you earn in game cash for just playing. almost everything is cosmetic and for things that are weapon based can only be used in warzone where it's basically just a fun mess. in destiny it's like they wag a finger at you for not buying their cosmetic garbage which is very overpriced and randomized. if i buy 3 packs of anything in destiny i can get the same garbage 3 times in halo unlocks are permanent making each pack give me something new.

halo 5 isn't perfect as a game because i honestly don't like the campaign as much as past halos but the multiplayer is one of the best so far.
>>
>>321711373
>>prometheans boring as shit to fight against
This is an opinion
>>new weapons shit
This is a wrong opinion
>>3 missions where you only talk to shit
This was a stupid idea, you're right
>>only 3 missions as chief
Boo hoo. I guess you hate ODST and Reach, too.
>>no warthog run finale
This was also unfortunate
>>
>>321696786
You cant trust anybody here. Most of them work for 343.
>>
>>321711842
ODST is my favorite. I just don't appreciate a mainline game with almost no chief.
>>
>>321712061
Reach is mainline. It's a direct prequel to Halo 1. And Chief literally doesn't even make an appearance.
>>
>>321712236
Numbered game pally.
>>
>>321712328
That's an arbitrary way of deciding what is and is not mainline. ODST is a spin-off. It's a series of events happening at the same time as Halo 2. Reach sets up Halo 1 and literally ends with the opening sequence of Halo 1. It's mainline.
>>
>>321696786
just give me warzone with no ai and not watered down crap, and a playlist that removes all spartan abilities in arena and I would start playing again, I hate almost every spartan ability and enjoy warzone but hate the ai
>>
The campaign is so fucking terrible, the Prometheans are awful to fight. All the characters are dumb, especially Osiris, could they be any less interesting? All the MP maps are boring, bland, and unmemorable. And there is tons of cut content in comparison to other Halos, fuck 343
>>
How come I haven't heard of classic Halo 5 customs. You know, with sprint and spartan abilities deactivated and such.
>>
I love the new movement and shooting.

Almost every weapon feels good to use and nothing is more satisfying than baiting someone to get ground pounded.

Campaign had its high points and some of the open sandbox levels are fantastic. I just wish it didn't end on a cliffhanger, and that some of the missions were longer. A few felt like they were just 1-2 big encounters and then over.

7.5/10, bretty gud and definitely an all around improvement over 4.
>>
>>321713143
>"Look at my opinions and made up facts! This'll show /v/ how much I hate videogames!"
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.