[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DoW v. SM
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 800x450
Would you rather have Dawn of War III or Space Marine 2?
>>
>>332016359
DoW 3
>>
We're already getting Space Marine 1.5 so I'm gonna go with Dawn of War II 2
>>
Space Marine 2, as long as it continues the same story of Titus.

Otherwise DoW 3.

I also find it strange that they created the Necron Overlord for Last Stand five damn years after the game was pretty much dead. Last Stand is great but I wish it got actual support/content more than every few years.
>>
>>332016359
Dawn of War 3 since Eternal Crusade is already a thing that's in development.
>>
>>332016359
space marine multiplayer was excellent except for the peer2peer shit.
>>
File: header.jpg (74 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
74 KB, 460x215
Is this game turning out good?
>>
>>332018076
p2p sucked, but the game wasn't balanced for lasting power
player progression is nice but all the best weapons, some of which were direct upgrades, were locked behind mid-high levels
not to mention everyone went hammer monkey because it got shit done faster than actually putting in effort
>>
Anyone else find the Caos enemies the least fun to fight in SM?

To quote DoW 1 "feels like shooting [and swinging ] at air".
>>
Space Marine 2: Deathwatch

Titus gets to fight all sorts of xenos in various levels
>>
>>332018493
Melee is still shit, framerate is piss poor, player progression and elite classes aren't in yet, Eldar JUST BARELY have models to show, and Orks are still MIA.
Take that for what you will
>>
File: 1458328532780.jpg (240 KB, 800x1090) Image search: [Google]
1458328532780.jpg
240 KB, 800x1090
Space Marine II all the way. I loved Dawn of War from its forst iteration, but the Space Marine multiplayer was something else.

Shit was heavy, visceral and quite fast. The game delivered weight and a proper representation of ehat combat between Space Marines would be like.

The only issue is how much of a Gary Stu Titus would turn out to be. Not to mention the game being in some parallel, non-canon universe because the name Titus was already in use.

What we really need is a gory, action/horro game where you play as a Guardsman holding the line against the enemies of mankind. Just you and other men and women of the imperium, fighting for the safety of your loved ones.
>>
>>332019069
As much as I liked the last level of Halo Reach, that concept doesn't have enough material to pad out a whole game.
>>
>>332016359
Neither.

Relic has showed they aren't be trusted anymore and will just sell half the game back to you in micro-transactions.

>>332019069
So Running With Rifles: 40k edition?
>>
I still want to know what Whitebox was thinking with Dark Nexus Arena.
They started with a MOBA that had twin-stick controls and a unique victory point system, but as soon as they shift to Steam Early Access they gut most of the gameplay and try to sell it as a f2p top-down arena shooter.
What the fuck went on for them to scrap so much in an open alpha?
>>
>>332018493

It's early access. So it's pretty much uncompleted/beta.

Like every early access game in the universe, it has potential. It's a question of if they can deliver.
>>
File: nofaggot.jpg (121 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
nofaggot.jpg
121 KB, 600x600
>>332017735
>Last Stand is great
>>
>>332021540
>he doesn't like horde co-op
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.