[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How many lives did The Last Of Us change? To start out, I am
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: the-last-of-us-giraffe-scene.jpg (315 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
the-last-of-us-giraffe-scene.jpg
315 KB, 1920x1080
How many lives did The Last Of Us change?

To start out, I am very new to the 4chan community, as it is very difficult for me to get over the initial trouble of learning the UI. However I love the idea of it and want to invest more time to it.

But I was curious, because I have never really been apart of a Last Of Us community. And I generally just keep my thoughts of it to myself. Were other people as greatly affected by this masterpiece of a game as I was?

The Last Of Us initiated a real turning point in my life. It helped me find my passion for video creation, cinema and just media in general. It was the first game I ever played that ended up being more than just a shoot-'em-up for me. Up until then, I played games like COD and whatnot because it was the fun and cool thing to do. I saw TLOU for sale on G2A and thought it looked like a neat zombie game. I had heard a little bit about it when it was remastered. I bought it because why not. So I went into it thinking t would just be another fun shoot-'em-up. And oh man was I wrong..

You have to understand, I've never cried during anything, a movie, book or game. Fictitious stories don't make me cry. They just don't. 20 minutes into this game and I was balling. I was hooked. And it truly changed me. The story, the art style, the voice acting, the animation, the music, the script. It was all inconceivably well done. It opened my eyes the to art that single player games are supposed to be. And it did the same for movies and books.

Really it all comes down to appreciation. I've learned to appreciate things that I may personally find unenjoyable. It definitely matured me in a way. Those are just my thoughts confined into a few paragraphs..

Was it the same way for anybody else? Did it change you? And in what way?
>>
>>332013164
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>332013260

/thread
>>
>>332013164
Much like Undertale, the game lives or dies whether or not you like the characters. I hated the characters in both of them
>>
>>332013164
Tlou cahnged me , makes me hate ND.
Doing crap shit like that
>buh muh feels
what about the gameplay?
>BUH MUH FEEELS
>>
Leave /v/ and kill yourself on the way out.
>>
>>332013260
This.

OP I liked the game but Jesus Christ you are a faggot.
>>
Furry here.

The animals scenes really felt strong to me. I felt a strong connection. Other than that I wasn't a huge fan.
>>
Holy hell this thread is amazing. Thank you for the laughs OP. God bless.
>>
OP put far too much effort into this shitty bait.
>>
Repetitive uninspired gameplay and predictable story line ruined the game for me.

Exploration was cool,some really nice environments, but there wasn't enough exploration to make it interesting.
>>
Buddy, /v/ isn't some pinko hippy feel goodery.
Learn this now and move on.
>>
>>332013164

If this really is a newfag and not another shitposter, then it's a pretty simple situation. You've never played a good game before. So of course TLoU felt amazing.

It's the same scenario with all of those shitty games journalists out there, busy being forced to play hundreds of bad games to earn money. Every now and then something decent comes around, not spectacular, but definitely better than average. To them, it's a 10/10 because they've been playing shitty games.

To an actual games critic, someone that can actually evaluate games on their own time and has chosen to play the very best games, TLoU is alright. Meets the minimum requirements to be engaging, is a bit irritating due to poor hardware limitations, but you can have a good time with it. Certainly not a "Citizen Kane of video games" like all of the other fuckwads trying to justify video games as art though.
>>
>>332013164
I thought it was an alright movie.
>>
>>332013164
I kek'd
6/10 bait
>>
>>332014352
>>
File: 1457091240140s.jpg (3 KB, 96x125) Image search: [Google]
1457091240140s.jpg
3 KB, 96x125
>>332013164
This is stale pasta. Why are you cucks eating it?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.