[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a good game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 14
File: 2509963-blw5obcciaallar.jpg (83 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
2509963-blw5obcciaallar.jpg
83 KB, 960x960
Is this a good game?
>>
Im playing it since I got origin access

Its better than 2 but not as good as 1.

It sorely needs a patch/mod that allows party members to loot shit for you with a press of a button. including materials around the map.
>>
The definition of 7.5/10.
Maybe 8/10.
>>
Pretty boring
>>
>>332011437
If you ignore that DA:O and DA2 happened, it's a decent AAA title.
If you played both, it's between DA:O and DA2 on the goodness scale
>Player race is an utter afterthought
>Shitting on own lore all over the place
>Dark fantasy is suddenly a hugbox where everyone that's not a villain is understanding
>>
>>332011437
It's average, could have been better if the devs weren't so god damn worried with making the next Skyrim.

Less companions, less big fat nothing spaces, more local adventures like Trespasser could have easily made it in the 8-9 range. As it is now it's a 6, above average.
>>
>>332013049
>dark fantasy is suddenly a hugbox where everyone that's not a villain is understanding
did you even play the game, half of your party members are self-serving dickbags
>>
I only recently realised how similar it is to the Mass Effect series. Literally the same game in a different era.
>>
It's okay for a single player mmo
>>
>>332013517
Bioware has one outline that they use for every game they make now.
>>
>>332011437
its shit for the first 20 hours but then it gets good
>>
yes, especially if you really like the DA lore
>>
It's okay.
I tried to replay it but I got bored of the MMO style quests.
>>
>>332013575
I hope their new IP has a low enough budget that they're forced to make a smaller party and a more unique story.
>>
>>332011437
Better than DA2 but that isn't saying much
>>
>>332013575
Oh my God, now I've noticed it with the first KOTOR as well.
>>
>>332011437
The real quests of the game are nice and the pacing is okay. But to start said quests you need to do a lot of mmo-style fetch "quests" and slay a bunch of boars in the forest. Now repeat that for every map and chance boars to higher level enemies.
>>
I enjoyed the story, but I've never been a fan of the pause based tactical combat so I didn't replay it.

However, the epilogue DLC Trespasser was basically everything Inquisition should have been from the very beginning.
>>
It puts me top sleep. I'm trying to like it but iut seriously puts me to sleep.
>>
>>332013834
>The first KOTOR
first KOTOR is pretty unique as far as their formula goes, I thought.

>>332013945
>playing the Human Nuke on nightmare
Trespassers final boss fight is the perfect blend of fun and ball-blasting hard
>>
>>332013506
Haven't finished DA2 yet, but the sheer start of DA:I felt retarded already
>>
>>332013945
I enjoyed the part where anchor discharge would blow the enemies into a bunch of chunks. The boss fight was also much more enjoyable than anything in the base game.
>>
>>332014258
I honestly played through Trespasser 3 times just so I could hear Cassandra read Varric's book during the credits. It's so cute I almost died of the heart attack.

I wonder if they're going to reuse the Inquisitor for the next Dragon Age, or shelve the series.
>>
>>332014335
Well you're not wrong because it is retarded. DA2 isn't worth finishing. DAI is just okay. I got along on the lore.
>>
>>332014258
I'm legit not complaining, I really enjoy the Bioware games I've played: it's just a trend I've noticed now:

1. Party-based combat.
2. In between visiting unique locations full of quests/combat, you stay in a safe place where you can talk to your team mates which in turn unlock more quests

Actually I thought I had more but I guess that's it. Maybe I'm just talking out my arse.
>>
>>332014583
While I'm not fond of the inquisitor as a character at all, they would fit in perfectly as the protagonist, or at least a party member. Having a one-handed character that blends ranged attacks (like the arm crossbow showed in Sera's epilogue) with other combat styles would be really interesting.

I can't see them shelving the series though. It did pretty well, but I have a feeling the new IP's success will be what determines if they continue work on it or delay releasing the final installment.
>>
>>332014585
Gotta get that save file
>>
>>332011437
no. as much as i wanted it to be, it wasnt.
>>
>>332014583
Based on the ending it would make sense to have the Inquisitor show up no matter if you disbanded or not. The series will probably be on the shelf for a bit since they have a new IP or two they're supposedly working on.
>>
>>332011437
It's okay. It needed programmable AI like the other games.
In DA3 your teammates are also restricted to the skills on their bar.
On nightmare mode certain characters are useless. Like Cole and Bull. I don't know why they added so many AOE melee attacks to fuck over melee dps characters if there AI can't cope.

Some weird choices considering they are all clear regressions to me.
>>
>>332014795
When you put it that way I agree, I thought you meant for the story development (group of heroes goes on a suicide mission to stop the big bad evil, and there is also a smart evil on the sidelines) which they've been playing up a lot

>>332014862
You can use the keep, or if you're on a pirate version there's a save generator out there somewhere
>>
>>332011437

This whole game series is garbage. Yes, I even hated the first one. A pile of shit with bad writing, bad game mechanics and a snorefest of graphics.

The biggest flaw? Only 2 party members at a time. The second biggest flaw? Hiring morons and special snowflake fanfic writers to handle your story and plot.
>>
File: Clipboard18A.jpg (762 KB, 2557x1431) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard18A.jpg
762 KB, 2557x1431
>>332011437
I had fun

Solas is such a bro that he overcame my rational hatred of Elves. /v/'s Blackwall obsession is fucking dumb.

>>332013935
This also keeps getting repeated but its not actually true. I was going for 100% completion and I had over 100 extra points for quest unlocks. You can complete the main quest and do perhaps 1/3 of the map quests if not less. In fact one of the main legitimate problems with this game is that its too easy to be excessively over-leveled if you do all the side quests -- Which is rectified with the new "trials."
>>
File: Bioware.png (380 KB, 2000x1240) Image search: [Google]
Bioware.png
380 KB, 2000x1240
>>332014795
>>
>>332014983
I'm on act fucken act 3 for...like a year now. I can't be arsed to finish it but i'll god damn do it eventually even if it kills my braincells
>>
>>332014983
Other than "you're a very special character needed for the plot", there's not much similarities in the story. You can't really get rid of what I've mentioned because no one wants to play as a nobody in a game, not even for a change of pace.
>>
I LOVED DA:O.

DA2 was bad, especially all the progressive bullshit.

I heard DA:I is progressive-fest galore.

Do I want to play DA:I if I want some sort of conclusion to the stories spawned in DA:O? I saw someone post here earlier the game shits on its own lore. Do I want to avoid the game?
>>
>>332015160
/v/ loves Blackwall because he's the most normal (ironically) of the group. I always make try to hear every piece of dialogue in the game, but holy shit this guy put me to sleep just listening to him.
>>
>>332015295
DA:I is actually not a progressive fest, and the character everyone brings up for that is Iron Bull.
What people don't realize is that Iron Bull is lying to his trans friend to make him feel better about his identity, and how they would actually be used by the Qunari, which is literally "every person in their fittest role, and said role assigns your gender role". This makes sense when you think of Qunari physiology because their women are stronk beefcake warriors.

But yes, it does reign in a lot of the stories started in Origins, particularly Flemeth's.
>>
>>332015295
Remember Sten being genuinely confused by Morrigan, Leliana and female Warden for wanting to be men? Well fuck that shit, qunari are now accepting of everything
>>
>>332015592
Iron Bull is accepting of everything, the guy who is supposed to be a spymaster who cozies his way so far up his own asshole to get in with his cover group that he starts to become his own persona.
>>
>>332015160
Pretty much. I did all the side quests I could find in each zone except for the Hissing Wastes and the oasis and ended up with way too much power even while burning some on the descent war table operations.
>>
It's the half assed shit that gets me.

>ride horse
>companions disappear
>get off horse
>companions magically spawn

They desperately wanted the Skyrim audience.
>>
>>332011437
just picture DA2 fused with assasin's creed open world, thats DA:I
>>
>>332015295
>DA2 was bad, especially all the progressive bullshit.
While it was shamelessly marketed as this its not really that bad in-game. Consider Dorian. He is treated as a QUEER PRIDE character but in reality it only comes up when his father ambushes him to make amends. Not only is him being gay a rather small part of his character, he supports many Tevinter ideals that are pretty contrary to "progressives". For example he is not against slavery as an institution.
>>
>>332011437
no
>>
>>332016014
Whoops, wrong quote: >I heard DA:I is progressive-fest galore.
And really, consider that Anders was not only hostily homosexual (he disproves if you reject his advances!) but literally fucking crazy and it doesn't really seem to be a very idealistic portrayal.
>>
>>332016182
Anders fucken died after DA:A. The fucker in DA2 is some demon wearing his skin
>>
>>332016182
Anders can be romanced by either gender just like every other base companion. I have no idea where the idea he's only a fag came from.
>>
What is the most OP playstyle/class?

I might make a new character so I'm just wondering, I already made a Mage for my main and it was pretty strong, especially specializing in Fire skill tree I know that Tempest Archer use to be pretty fucking broken because you could spam thousand blades or whatever the fuck it's called but I believe it's been patched now

I'm thinking of going for Rogue that specializes in Assassin only because you get high crit chance and crit damage. I feel like Berserker Warrior would be pretty OP, I also wouldn't roleplaying a Paladin class warrior sadly that class is garbage.

WHY DO PALADINS SUCK MASSIVE DICK IN DA: INQUISITION? I wanted to fucking be a badass Paladin smiting evil and shit but instead we got a weak ass piece of shit class.
>>
>>332016512
>Paladin
What? You mean templar?
>>
>>332015812
The horse isnt even that fast.

>animation looks like it is busting ass to get you where you want to go
>like 20% faster than on foot if even that.
>>
>>332016512
I went with a DW tempest rogue and it was pretty strong. Used the mastercraft items that give the blade attack and shit out damage.
>>
>>332016512
Reaver warrior + Solas is basically like playing a black hole of death.

Assassin can be amazing if you do offense potions and crit armor crafting.
>>
>>332016512
Warrior classes are all very good, what the fuck are you smoking?

Reaver has ridiculous DPS and can constantly self-heal. Not only is Reaver power it is fun.

Champion is basically immortal.

Templar ("Paladin") is probably the weakest Warrior specialization overall but they have a rather powerful AOE stun/detonate combo that also dispells. That and DA Templars are NOT Paladins -- They only resemble Paladins in the most superficial sense possible.
>>
>>332015217
DA2's act 3 is incredibly short. It only has three main quests if you don't count the confrontation at the start of the act as one.
>>
>>332016650
Templar, Paladin I fail to see what the exact difference is. They both are in the same category/realm in terms of what they stand for/do and how they fight.

But yes I meant Templar.

>>332016772
>>332016806
Yeah I had a feeling Reaver was the strongest especially with the self healing and what not, I tried playing around with Iron Bull and I felt like he did a lot of damage when I CONTROLLED HIM, now when the A.I controls him it's complete shit.

I remember a lot of people saying Iron Bull was trash as a party member and I can see why, it's like Reaver Warrior is only godlike if you play as one and control all the actions yourself.
>>
>>332011437
It's not horrible.
Just boring, generic and very forgettable.
>>
>>332017064
With Trespasser you can kit Iron Bull so that he no longer suffers self damage with Dragon's Rage. Still won't be as great as player controlled Reaver, but at least he won't be killing himself.

Later on even dual wield dagger Rogues can survive pretty well if you build them well though. With Toxic Cloud "Elusive" effect with defensive on-hit effects I found myself preferred my dagger Cole to Sera and Varric mid-end game.
>>
I hate all the dragon age games so I doubt I would enjoy this one
>>
File: 1383892353848.gif (492 KB, 460x345) Image search: [Google]
1383892353848.gif
492 KB, 460x345
>>332017423
Varric is a bro, I always had him in my party. Honestly my favorite party was

Solas, Varric, and Cassandra. I kind of liked having Cole in my party but he was very squishy and the A.I was trash for him, I fucking HATED SERA with a PASSION. Stupid fucking Tumblr bitch, she was literally Tumblr: The Character. The next time I play a new game I won't even let her join the Inquisition, let her go fuck squirrels or whatever the fuck she does. She was literally autistic or some shit, she didn't understand politics and had no refinement about her at all. She bitched and complained like a child and had the mentality of an 8 year old.

Holy fuck I so regretted letting her join the Inquisition when I played the game for the first time, if only I had known how shit her character was going to be.

Never again Sera.....never again
>>
>>332011437
waste $60 on this piece of shit game
>>
>Try to loot
>Jump Jump Jump Jump

Apart from that it's pretty good
>>
File: Clipboard18B.jpg (551 KB, 2559x1427) Image search: [Google]
Clipboard18B.jpg
551 KB, 2559x1427
>>332017774
I think many gloss over what Sera represents. She isn't really a special snowflake progressive character. She is a representation of what the superstitious, ignorant, and elite hating masses are like. When you approach her from that perspective rather than a bad lesbo mouthpiece than she becomes a much more interesting character.

In particular it is fun to bully her by exposing her to magical shit she fears.

That and I would wreck her boi pussy.
>>
>>332017774
m8 you can tell her to leave at any time.
>>
>>332017998
She really is a bitch. What's the worst is trying to become her friend and she asks you to take her for who she is, and then she can't do the same shit in return and asks to call it even later like you were in the wrong.

Nah, fuck that.
>>
File: 1362007379952.gif (358 KB, 500x351) Image search: [Google]
1362007379952.gif
358 KB, 500x351
>>332017774
Oh I forgot about Blackwall, actually Blackwall is the BEST TANK in the game.

So my main party was

Blackwall, Solas and Varric

I stopped using Cassandra after I got Blackwall to join the party and I never used Sera or Lilian, Sera was a retard and Lilian was too bitchy/cocky for my liking. Also Knight Enchanter is kind of shit now, it was OP before they patched it.

Iron Bull and Cole had retarded A.I and were too squishy to take into battle so I never used them, the best party was Blackwall, Solas and Varric and if you don't think so then re-evaluate your life. I never had a problem with that party, Blackwall can literally never die if you spec him into full Champion build, Varric does pretty good damage especially once you get all the Bianca upgrades and give him a fire gem, also Solas is a god if you spec him into Riftmage.
>>
>>332018312
Who the fuck is Lillian
>>
>>332011437
5/10, the very definition of soulless and filled with social agendas. I´m not buying that your team of chosen ones have so many forced gay sexuality.
>>
>>332018202
Same dude you replied to and Sera is definitely a bitch. How she treats Solas for example is uncalled for and almost purely motivated by her superstition of magic and her hatred of being associated with the heathen Elven culture.

That said you don't have to really like her to enjoy her character. Bring her to the fade for example and savor Sera freaking the hell out.
>>
>>332018418
OH FUCK LOL

I meant VIVIAN, I don't know why I thought about Lilian. Sorry everyone my bad, I had a retard brain freeze moment, guess I was thinking of someone else.
>>
>>332018467
To be fair Solas is kind of a dumbass for even trying, and the worst possible way to introduce her to elven culture is to say "look at how awesome the elves are, watch while I speak elvish at you"!

I never brought her to the fade though. I always had to bring Blackwall since he was a "grey warden", Solas since he's the fade expert, and Varric since Hawke is there and I want to see his face when Hawke gets eaten by spiders.
>>
>>332011898
you mean 6/10.
7.5 is Good bordering Great. This game is just Decent.
>>
>>332018539
Who the fuck is Vivian? Do you mean Vivienne?
Baka
>>
File: Solas for President.jpg (67 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
Solas for President.jpg
67 KB, 640x400
How can someone be so based even when he hates you fucking guts and has it within his power to end you at a whim?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9MVLhhww0s&eb
>>
>>332011437
Literally a offline, sjw, cringefest mmo
>>
>>332019319
He ended up being such a badass, ever since reveal I thought he was just going to be a generic starting elf mage you'd replace with an actual character as soon as you could
>>
>>332013684
Only at the attack on Haven then it goes back to being shit.
>>
>>332019319
>tell him I'll hunt him down and kill him myself
>"I know"

Fucking Solas
>>
>>332019242
Big fucking deal I didn't spell her name correctly, get over it. Vivian, Vivienne, who cares? You know who I meant and that's all that matters.

Sera and Vivienne are the worst two characters in the game imo, I would have kicked Vivienne out of the Inquisition but I felt like having someone of her refinement would be beneficial to the Inquisition so I allowed her to stay even though I think she is a grade A BITCH, also I'm not a big fan of niggers
>>
>>332019496
This. The attack on Haven is the high point of the game honestly. The rest of the game is big boring areas with mmo tier fetch quests. There are barely any main story missions.
>>
>>332019319
I really, really hope he's played up like the insanely powerful mage he is, the same way they showed him here. It would be really interesting if only a character that got close to him would be able to actually kill him rather than just usurp his plans.
>>
It's literally a fucking single player MMO, my god it's shit and every quest is the same, animations are god awful, combat is boring and just looks flashy, jesus christ don't play it
>>
>>332019716
You can easily avoid all of those quests though, as far as I remember. Each zone has a story line of its own. You could just pick those quests up and leave the rest.
>>
Crestwood was the best zone. Shame so many of the other zones don't tie their quests together as well
>>
>>332019952
True but even those quests with a little story to them are absolutely dull as fuck. I just wish they hadn't tried to go pseudo open world because the game lacks any kind of focus.

Plus the combat is worse than DA2.
>>
>>332019319
I didn't even play the DLC but this is badass, I never would have guessed Solas was such a badass but he did such a good job disguising himself as a simple elven mage. Who know that all this time you basically had an Elven God rebel mage working for you at the Inquisition.

How is this the best ending though? So basically Solas is a villain? He leaves the Inquisition and ends up going rogue? Can someone just explain that to me because I probably won't play the DLC so I'm just full of questions now. I just never would have guessed Solas was pretending and feigning his personality this whole time, I'm not sure what to make of him after watching that cutscene. He didn't seem like he wanted to kill you, he just simply walks away and tells you live well with what time you have left.

He was calm and collect, but the whole "It will destroy your world" part had me concerned, I take it he wants to restore dominance to the elves and destroy all humans? Or something like that.
>>
>>332020408
Solas erected the fade to cut the old Elven "gods" off and free his people. Now for some reason he's decided that was a bad idea so he's going to remove the barrier between the normal world and the fade probably killing everyone in the process.
>>
>>332011437
I didn't play any of the DLCs but the best parts were the dragon fights, other than that it really is just a singleplayer MMO. Also fuck the war table and those bullshit real time waiting "quests".
>>
>>332020408
>>332020580
he realized that's a bad idea because he's the essential source of every mage and templar problem in existence, from the tensions to the abominations to demons. That wasn't his intention, so he's trying to set things right and hope that the world will eventually heal itself.

he doesn't really want to restore dominance to elves or destroy all humans. It's basically "whoever is in my camp is in my camp and everyone else can figure it out", since he's not fond of the modern elves or humans in particular, nor does he have a vendetta against them as a whole group.
>>
Seems like the best place to post this, playing DA:O for the first time, going for reanimate dead/blood control/waking nightmare for full on lazy mage, how viable is this strategy?
>>
pretty godamn mediocre. even 2 had mor egoing for it.
>>
>>332020854
Solas turning into a villain doesn't even bother me, the way he is portrayed in that cutscene is pretty badass. He is so fucking strong and the way he speaks to you is really nice, he has no anger or resentment in his voice. He speaks so calmly to you and seems to be at peace, I just like the overall feeling of that scene.

All he does is wish you a good life with the time you have left, it's not like he harbored any ill intent towards you.
>>
>>332020854
That and Solas's perspective on everything in the material world is shaped by his experiences living in the pre-material world that he destroyed.

As Solas described: When he first awoken it was as if he were in a world of tranquil. That the spirits are being perverted by the material world in such a way is also concerning as well. Consider the Tevinter mages who corrupted a many millennia old wisdom spirit out of sheer idiocy.

Solas had "contingencies" against the other Elven gods. If Bioware does expand the plot I suspect that Solas may actually "partially" succeed and one of those asshole gods may be freed and presented as a much more obvious threat.
>>
aside from corypheus and the architect do they ever mention any of the other magisters
>>
>>332021045
That's what I think is interesting about him as a "villain", is that he's not so much a bad person as a highly misguided force of nature. He dislikes the idea of being a god but the fact that he can sweep aside the lives of every living being on the planet like they're a secondary concern is pretty damning for him.

>>332021163
I agree, it's unlikely for them to pass that up so that they can have a clearly defined villain or at least someone to present the opposite end. Tevinter is going to turn into a shithole faster than you can blink because of it too, I doubt the magisters will be fond of some big shot walking in and claiming godhood over them.
>>
File: really now.jpg (16 KB, 367x388) Image search: [Google]
really now.jpg
16 KB, 367x388
>>332015283
> not much similarities in the story
>your starting place residence is razed to the ground
>lead us, random stranger
>you are actually special
>welcome to this ancient evil-fighting order
>now go around the world collecting something pieces of a whole/similar thing (allies) to win
>3/4 of the way an ally sacrifices himslelf so that you can escape
>Final confrontation is just you (and your friends) vs big bad despite both parties posessing huge armies
> not much similarities in the story
>>
>>332017064
>Templar, Paladin I fail to see what the exact difference is.
What the heck, only similarity is both are militants of some church and even then scarcely any templar is religious. Paladins smite evil, templars are essentially guards to mages that need to drug themselves to do anti-magic shit which eventually makes them addled. Freaking Grey Wardens are more paladin-esque, and they got literal taint in their blood
>>
Story is actually alright, especially with Trespasser
Ignore all the pointless "sandbox" collectible bullshit
Roll a bow rogue so you can just kill everything despite the damage sponginess
>>
>>332021987
In DAO I was a crit bow rogue, I am trying to do that again on DAI. Is it viable or does bow go for something different this time around?
>>
>>332011898
It's an 8/10 if you aren't an autistic completionist who feels the need to finish all the padding quests.
>>
>>332022135
That's exactly how I played it
You get autocrit when you come out of stealth so you just stealth and shoot constantly
>>
>>332022135
Daggers are better for crits, but bow is good for damage in general, especially if you're tempest you can get some nasty crits off.
>>
I actually really enjoyed it. Solas was an incredibly interesting character and Varic is always a bro. The gameplay was a pinch stale and the maps felt like an MMO minus the multiplayer, but the rest was just dandy. I liked the story.

Haven't played any of the DLC, though.
>>
>>332022258
>>332022276
Sounds good. Also I dont suppose theres any way to get party members to automatically use the tonics and such?
>>
>>332022276
Meh, with daggers you have to make sure to walk behind enemies
With bows, you can just stay far away and stealthcrit everyone to death
>>
>>332017774
She's literally the only character you can kick from the game at any given time. So even Bioware must have known that a lot of people were going to hate her.
>>
>>332022395
There might be a setting in the tactics tab but I can't recall. What's more annoying about tonics is having to refresh them yourself per party member at rest.
>>
>>332022395
I think you can set tactics somewhere
Don't they do it by default when they go below 10% HP or whatever?
Also, turn on that Trespasser challenge that raises every enemy to your level if you haven't already, otherwise you're gonna get bored as a crit rogue
>>
>>332022545
Tactics tab has been competely gutted compared to DA:O, let alone DA2
>>
>>332011437
It's passable. It would be a great game if they didn't dumb down the combat for absolutely no goddamn fucking reason.
>>
>>332022545
Nah tactics only has potions. thats a shame. >>332022656
I dont have the DLC since its just the origin access version. I wonder what happens to DLC you buy when you stop getting access.
>>
>>332022739
You bought fucking DA:I?
>Nah tactics only has potions
Oh right, there was this whole thing with other shit you can apply
Pretty much pointless, that
>>
>>332022862
I got origin access for the hell of it. The entire DA series comes with it. It just got Titanfall added as well, though I dont think I'm going to play that.
>>
File: 1435786630446.png (10 KB, 429x410) Image search: [Google]
1435786630446.png
10 KB, 429x410
>>332022982
>Get one of the better shooters under EA label
>Don't even play it
>>
>>332022738
>8 abilities max. Further this idiocy by making focus abilities consume an ability slot
>Completely lobotomize companion AI from DA:O and DA:2

I really enjoyed DA:I but I must agree. This among all the changes was the most inexcusable.
>>
>>332023140
Isnt the game dead though? Hardline certainly was, so I just finished the sroty mode and left it.
>>
>>332023197
>Mage AI running into the fray to whack enemies with their staves even though they're ranged
>get pissed on by AOE in a split second
drove me nuts
>>
>>332023197
I think they wanted to make it so you can't just spam whatever your heart desires but actually have to pick abilities
In the end it of course just led to you spamming the same 4 things over and over again
>>
File: Lace-harding.png (173 KB, 270x380) Image search: [Google]
Lace-harding.png
173 KB, 270x380
>best waifu in series pic related
>hunting side quests makes most zones feel like the deep roads
>worst romance options of series
>worst qunari of series by miles
>ok crafting system
>dragons are kinda cool
It's an ok game. Pound for pound, Mass Effect 3 is a better game. No, the ending isn't the entire game.
>>
Speaking of, what's the origin free game?
>>
>>332023365
Consoles have limited buttons. Thats the reason why.
>>
>>332023443
>>hunting side quests makes most zones feel like the deep roads
Why woudl you do these quests in the first place? All the requisitions are completely pointless
>>
>>332023443
Mass Effect 3 is actually a great game, if half of the writing wasn't so ass.
>>
>>332023708
>Why woudl you do these quests in the first place?
Completion, items/money, exp. Did you try to ask a meaningful question?
>>
>>332023443
>best waifu
>can't romance her
>Because Gaider thinks dwarves are icky
>>
File: 1250808578.jpg (29 KB, 500x313) Image search: [Google]
1250808578.jpg
29 KB, 500x313
>>332023739

muh-muh husbender died gepard :D:D:D fug D:
>>
>>332023789
>Completion
They cycle
>items/money, exp
They give influence and power, both of which can just be bought in Skyhold
>>
>>332016512

i haven't played in a while but when i did the mage Knight-Enchanter was easily the most OP class there is (like, solo all dragons without overpowered), don't know if they nerfed it
>>
>>332023617
That's bullshit. Other games have had more abilities available. Even if that wasn't the case it still wouldn't be excusable since the combat is pausable.
>>
>>332023942
>They cycle
Wait, you mean the ones on the table? Those aren't done in areas, I specifically referenced the ones that are.

>>332024023
They did, but not by a lot.
>>
>>332023365
As a Warrior I could have easily used more than 8 abilities. Thanks to the limited button mapping I basically just ignored focus abilities all game.

>>332023617
They could have just treated them as hotkeys and allowed you full access to your abilities via radial. Some abilities; most obviously focus abilities, are situational after all.

Trespasser even acknowledges alternative ability button layouts by allowing you to use the Mark without mapping it. Should have just done that from the beginning with focus abilities at least.
>>
>>332023617
DA:O and 2 were both on console as well and didn't have this few amount of active abilities.
>>
>>332024023
They nerfed the arcane blade or whatever it was called hard
>>
File: 1458946476054.jpg (46 KB, 577x624) Image search: [Google]
1458946476054.jpg
46 KB, 577x624
Solas's badassery really came out of nowhere for me. He's like the best character in an American made RPG i've seen in awhile. My friends told me he drops a nuke of a story twist in one of the dlcs, but I never got around to that.
>>
>>332024068
>Wait, you mean the ones on the table? Those aren't done in areas, I specifically referenced the ones that are.
http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Requisitions#Requisitions_by_area
>>
>>332019352
yep
>>
>>332023927
>had no problem with Cortez at first
"Mah dead husband!"

>NOPE

Never talked to him again because it was clear were they were going with that faggot. Didn't want any surprise gay sex starting up.
>>
>>332015189
This might as well be titled "the Hero's Journey" the image.

I think there's plenty of reasons to shit on Bioware these days, but complaining because someone there read Campbell at some point comes off as ignorant, at best.

Also good job conveniently leaving Planescape out because it fucks up your chart.
>>
>tfw you fuck up corypheus so hard during the finale he starts praying to gods he knows don't even exist
>>
>>332024487
Planescape isn't Bioware you retard
>>
>>332024487
>>I think there's plenty of reasons to shit on Bioware these days
That pic was made before "these days"
>Planescape
u fuckign wot m8
>>
>>332024237

Especially surprise buttsex

Once he said that his husband died, exactly the same thing

>NOPE
>NOPE
>GTFO MY SHIP
>ONLY QUEERS ALLOWED HERE ARE ASARI!

I remember playing DA: 2 and the mage guy was going through some stuff, I was just trying to be nice and instead of that he leans in and starts making out......

Surprise buttsex indeed.....
>>
File: blackwall.png (186 KB, 500x406) Image search: [Google]
blackwall.png
186 KB, 500x406
I thought it was okay. It was better than DA2, which is saying nothing, but nowhere near as good as DAO.

Most of the game is boring autismo pointless side quests and facebook bullshit. The story itself is okay and has some cool moments. It actually fucking brought some roleplay elements back into the series, which I really appreciated.

Despite the voiced protagonist and the wheel-based dialogue, I didn't feel as hindered as say fucking Fallout 4, for example. I actually was able to roleplay as a Daelish Elf - came up with a complex backstory and everything. In some sense, the ability for background construction was better in DAI than it was even in O.

The companions are okay. Sarah is so horrible it's like Bioware made her annoying as fuck on purpose, hence the dedicated "fuck off" button. Several are so forgettable I cant remember their fucking names like Black mage. But, others like Blackwall and Solas were great.

Solid game and, in my opinion, a MAJOR step in the right direction for Bioware, seeing as they had been making utter trash for years.

Also, Blackwall is no husbando, but solid boyfriendo tier. His story is even more amazing when you're fucking him.

tl;dr 7/10
>>
>>332024780
That's what happened to me too. I just being nice to some dude who was having some trabble then he's like do you want to pitch or catch?
>>
The beaner accountant was cute. I stopped playing about halfway through but I heard she doesn't put out other than kissing.
>>
>>332025251
>when you're fucking him
>liking men who will leave you naked in a horse barn to go an hero
granted he's a cool guy but that was kind of a dick move
>>
It would have been pretty cool with less MMO bullshit.
>>
> watched my roommate play this game
> they are at the grand game masquerade ball quest
> need to find a potential killer and get people on our side
> this involves going to places and listening to literal "psst psst psst" whispers, and random pieces of dialogue, throwing coins into a fountain, And climbing up walls in front of everyone to get to forbidden areas of the palace.
> servants quarters is a complete blood bath, with open fighting IN THE PALACE, and a ninja jester that you kick out of a window like fucking Leonidas
> back at the ball, nobody knows or cares about the mass murder
> suddenly all the investigation is moot because what's her face reveals herself to be the killer like a James bond villain, and exits stage left to let her minions kill you
> then you confront her in front of everyone, and accuse her of everything without providing any evidence, and everyone just believes you and lets you have her arrested, or just straight up kill her.

Did my roommate play that part stupidly? Or is it actually that much of a trainwreck?
>>
>>332027094
She was gonna assassinate the Empress for Corypheus iirc so that's why she didn't care that she was gonna do it in front of everybody, I don't think she planned on usurping the throne or anything

I dunno about the Quizzy getting away with getting her in front of everybody and everybody simply believing you, it's been awhile since i last played it
>>
>>332027094
>>332027428
The reason is that it's not a courtroom, Quiz is just charismatic. The only way that option is available is if you play the court and make friends enough so that everyone really likes you. The victory isn't one of law, it's one of the orlesian court's "game".

You thoroughly embarrass her, everyone is swayed by liking the Quiz, and later they find the evidence of the accusations that the inquisitor threw at her.
>>
>>332011437
Good on a single playthrough.
DA2 had decent combat but shit level design (or shit in that it re-used some good ones to the point of ad nausea).
DAO had a better story and actually RPG story-interaction.

This one has all the trappings of those games but it's completely shallow and superficial. It's only good for lore.

Its combat needs a major overhaul to let you combo things together more creatively and make the enemies more reactive to getting hit, more difficult tactics wise but also lower health (it becomes just boring when average foot soldiers take 60 seconds to kill in a game that's trying to be fun).

>>332013049
DAO wasn't really a dark fantasy either...it was dark but I don't call a game a dark-fantasy when it has a 'good' ending (minimal deaths and the like).
DA2 was dark but really more of an edgy-dark than something that unsettled you to your core.
DAI was, respectively, slightly darker in the way that mattered but its sandboxes were just a shitty idea and a shitty execution.
>>
>>332028112
>>332027428
That makes sense I suppose, thanks for the clarification. It just seems like they missed a good opportunity for a cool murder mystery plot. Is that lady always the villain?
>>
>>332011437
Yes
>>
>>332023826
Lucky for you, Gaider is gone.
He was alright and I dont even know who's working at Bioware anymore
Laidlaw is gone too
>>
>>332011437
The plot, graphics and gameplay is the best of the series.
It only lack characters with more personality.

/v/ will tell you its the shittiest game because they hate Bioware though
>>
>>332029482
Well, the only thing I'd ask for is a more accurate combat system and some more gameplay/story integration
>building your castle is basically just aesthetic
>Even designating a tower for mages or templars yields no rewards
>Table missions are kinda interesting but yield only fairly useless resources past a certain point, very little political maneuvering or dictating
>Hitting things is fairly spotty, especially on larger targets
>Cant even tell if you're hitting them, their health is so high.
For a game that really prioritizes using the combo system to dish out damage, it's pretty stingy with team tactics
>>
>>332029480
>Laidlaw is gone too
He's the lead for DA. You might be thinking of Knowles
>>
I wasn't a fan of the mage in this game, felt like a step back. Though I hear the spellsword class is fun, too bad you have to go through hours of boring shit to get there.

The combat is okay, but the fetch style quests ruin any fun. The story is average, and again is ruined by the padding between story missions.

As many have said, it is not as good as the first, but better than the second. If you do not mind boring fetch/kill quests than this game is decent for a fantasy role playing game.
>>
>>332029110
She's always the villain. And I agree that they kind of messed it up, honestly. I would have rather worked behind the scenes to have them tear her down themselves rather than take center stage and give this big speech. The reveal was lame too, but it's definitely hinted at in the dance with her.
>>
File: KMPlayer 2016-03-18 14-43-04-93.png (472 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
KMPlayer 2016-03-18 14-43-04-93.png
472 KB, 1920x1080
Its a great game but I dont feel so attached to the character as I felt in the previous games.
I like the plot, and that you are the leader of a huge inquisition. If anything, this is one of the few rpgs where I actually feel like a important hero. But its still weird to have to pay for equipment though.
>mfw just got all three DLCs yesterday and cant wait to see Solas again
>>
>>332030020
The combat for me is decent. Surely it isnt the best action rpg combat ever but I have seen MUCH worse so I wont complain.
But I will say that playing a Warrior in this game feels really weird. Mages and Rogues are much better though.
Even so, I still prefer Dragon Age 2 combat because holy shit warrior class with two handed sword was a fucking beast in that game.
>tfw 2h sword combos with faster normal attack effects active
Literally Devil May Cry tier
>>
>>332011437
boring ass fuck spent 20 hours waiting for it to get good only to be let down
>>
The sidequests were empty, they added huge pretty landscapes and made everything in it soulless. At least DA2 had sidequests that felt a bit more substantial than these, anything non-companion, non-dlc and not main story in Inquisition is feels as bad as the starting area hints at.
>>
>>332024237
>Dorian
What's that? A gay who's entire character can't be summed up by "Look! Im Gay!"?
>His personal mission
Damn you, BioWare. Hire better writers already.
It was still better than Cortez
>>
>>332030382
What makes Solas such a bad dude?

>>332032013
Gaiders booted now, so we hopefully won't have to deal with that shit again.
Thread replies: 166
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.