[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Finally played most of the titles, at least the ones that count.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
File: creeds.jpg (165 KB, 910x666) Image search: [Google]
creeds.jpg
165 KB, 910x666
Finally played most of the titles, at least the ones that count. This is objectively the only correct opinion about them.
>>
>reaction to a fake leak
>>
>playing the same game 12 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOgvbS4GkF0
>>
>unity is bad meme.

It's a solid game with the bugs fixed
>>
>>332007649
>Playing the same game 11 times
>Having fun with the one actual good one.
>>
Black Flag is so fucking overrated.

All the games after 2 are the same boring shit.
>>
>>332007780
Not really. France looks pretty fucking cool and the world is pretty damn well detailed, but that's about it. Story and the characters are all so forgettable that I don't even remember the name of the protagonist anymore. And they never really fixed all the bugs either.
>>
Why do people suck 2's dick? All the missions have constraints up the ass that completely impede player creative expression. At least unity somewhat fixes this
>>
>>332008214

this applies to all the games
>>
>>332008214

I don't remember 90% of the characters from the Ezio games either
>>
>>332008269
The game itself was such a huge improvement over the first one that it seemed like a perfect AC game at the time.
>>
>>332008309
Have you never played Black Flag?
>>
>>332007365
Whachu talkin' bout?
>>
>>332008449

It was a massive step back like I said all the missions have constraints and the assassinations are scripted as fuck. There wasn't a problem with variety, but the content itself was dull as fuck
>>
>>332008676
Well that's just not true. Compared to the first one, you have a lot more freedom with most of the targets. Okay, there are a few scripted chase scenes and forced air assassinations, but the game itself gives you a lot more to do before you kill the targets. When you compare that to AC1's "eavesdrop-pickpocket-tail-assassinate" chain in all locations, AC2 was a masterpiece in that matter.
>>
>>332007207
>assassin's creed III didn't have green box art
>assassin's creed III didn't star Desmond, working as a present-day assassin
>assassin's creed III was fucking garbage

it still hurts.
>>
File: 1446313148068.jpg (262 KB, 1284x980) Image search: [Google]
1446313148068.jpg
262 KB, 1284x980
>>332007780
>Unity
>>
>>332008269
It was a true sequel, improving on the original to the point where it was almost an entirely new game.
>>
>>332008549

yes it was shit

nothing but trailing missions n bland boat segments
>>
>>332009863
How does it feel to be objectively so wrong about something?
>>
>>332007207
The ones I've played:

AC: 5/10
AC2: 7/10
AC:B: 7/10
AC III: 4/10
AC IV: 6/10
>>
>>332009685
>assassin's creed III didn't have green box art

What..?
>>
>>332010041
Not him, but it really is a shit game.
It has a cool concept, but the actual mechanics are so shallow and simple you can probably beat the game with your eyes closed.
Most of the content is just the usual Ubisoft checklist stuff too
>>
>>332010235
I was very disappointed that III didn't follow the boxart style established by I and II.
>>
>>332010591
It does have a slight green tint though
>>
> 1: 6/10
> 2: 9/10
> BH: 7.5/10
> 3: 0.5/10

I quit 3 after less than 2 hours.
>>
>>332009854

How did it improve anything?
>>
>>332010461
This is Assassin's Creed we're talking about. On that scale, Black Flag is the king of gameplay among the shallowest of shallow games.

Name one AC game that has noticeably more content or deeper mechanics.
>>
>>332009863
Did dunkey tell you to say that?
>>
>>332010461
It has good atmosphere and I liked sailing around the tropical islands looking for treasure

The assassins Creed shit like tailing and assassinations I could care less about.shame that they force you to do that for like 4 hours before giving you the boat.
>>
>>332011249

Better freerunning / climbing, more fleshed out towns, better exploration puzzles, better gadgets, more 'variety' in the optional missions (even though it's all the same shit anyway).

AC1 was average, but people give it props because it was the first to try that free running "See that Imam? You can climb it!" shit so it gets a pass.

Really AC2 just polished everything AC1 did and sprinkled some extra stuff on for the Autists.
>>
>>332007207
DAILY REMINDER ASSASSIN'S CREED WAS NEVER GOOD JUST "OKAY" AND EVERY GAME AFTER 2 SUCKS BECAUSE IT'S THE SAME GAME OVER AND OVER AGAIN
>>
>>332011769
How are Black Flag or Syndicate anything like 2?
>>
>>332012596
I think he means brotherhood.
>>
>>332012596

I don't agree with the guy but to act like they're not nearly identical mechanically speaking and are really only varied by minor changes / a gimmick and the setting is just retarded.
>>
>>332007790
The game was boring since the first one. Black flag is the least boring
>>
>>332007649
he sounds like h2o delirious and jontron combined to me.
>>
>>332013048
>nearly identical mechanically speaking

I think the sailing, boarding and having an upgradeable ship in general were pretty huge mechanics that really set Black Flag apart from the rest. I mean sure, you had a ship in AC3 too, but that was mainly just for couple of scripted events where you shout "full sail" and "half sail" all the time.
>>
>>332013861

To be honest, when i said 'gimmick' in my post i was refering solely to the Ship Mechanics.

Different strokes for different folks i guess, but i really thought that was just shallow and boring addition that still inevitably crumbles into shitty ACs shitty 2 button combat.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.