[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How common is the ylod on the fat model ps3? My previous slim
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: c700x420.jpg (25 KB, 700x420) Image search: [Google]
c700x420.jpg
25 KB, 700x420
How common is the ylod on the fat model ps3? My previous slim model ps3 died on me and I've been wanting to try out the backward compatibility of the original models. Is it worth it? It's a 80gb btw.

Sorry for the image, posting on phone.
>>
File: 324420_v1.gif (2 MB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
324420_v1.gif
2 MB, 350x197
>>332005290
My ps3 go the YLOD but that reason was completely my fault, i kept flipping the back switch off instead of just pressing the power button, other than that no problmes, that was 7 years ago this one lasted untill the current gen now i just dont play. also remember to play ps2 and ps1 you need the 80gb with 4 usb ports
>>
>>332005290
From what I have seen and how well I treated my PS3, 100%.

I babied the hell out of my launch 60GB console. Cool environment. Plenty of room for ventilation. No long abuse gaming hours. Turned on to adjust settings. Turned off. Forgot to remove Portal 2. Returned to turn it on. YLOD.

I do plan on fixing it someday but goddammit did it have no real reason to die on me.
>>
>>332006737
Does the backwards compatibility at the very least runs as well as the ps2?
>>
>>332007676
It did for me. That is my main purpose of keeping it. The first models had the best backwards compatibility. I never ran into any problems with it.
>>
File: 1410217196034.jpg (33 KB, 400x533) Image search: [Google]
1410217196034.jpg
33 KB, 400x533
>>332008154
>>332007676
>tfw I had to get an used ps2 slim to play all my ps2 games
>>
>>332006236
>i kept flipping the back switch off instead of just pressing the power button
I don't understand what happened? How did that contribute to a ylod? Were turning it off from the switch while it was running?
>>
>>332009284
IIRC it has to do with the power supply inside the console, and how it is affected by the sudden loss of energy instead of the regular and controlled powering off by using the button
>>
>>332005290
Which one? I've got gen2 (Matte black) and I've basically not turned that thing off since launch and its still working.
>>
I thought the firmware updates removed the BC from the old phats, and you can only get it back with jailbreaking
>>
>>332009250
>tfw I bought a replacement lens for my ps2 slim instead of fixing my ps3
>I even have everything to fix it, it's just easier to fix the ps2
>tfw I have no face
>>
>>332009849
So you haven't used it and somehow it didn't break? amazing
>>
>>332009849
did you half pressed the on/off button?
>>
>>332010017
reread the post anon
>>
>>332009597
Yes, I know. You should always turn it off from the XMB or by pressing the face button once. You don't flip the switch on the back when it's running because you can fry the power supply with doing it enough times. I thought that was common knowledge so I assumed he meant we was just flipping the switch after it was powered off. After it is powered down normally (red light) I usually flip the switch on the back before I unplug it for no good reason other than being an autist and I'm worried that I will damage it that way because I'm sure the switch on the back could break from getting pressed constantly, usually they last a long time but you never know what grade cheap Chinese plastic switch Sony decided to use.
>>
>>332010017
>So you haven't used it and somehow it didn't break?
Nigger are you stupid? Where the fuck did I say I didn't use it? Are you so desperate for attention that you just bullshit everyone?

>>332010120
No its on as in fully on, I'll play a game, when I stopped playing I'd pause the game and just walk away. Outside of a few power outtages and a couple times we left the house completely empty, it was always on running code.
>>
>>332010334
You should never leave running electronic appliances, anon. They can catch a fire when you are not looking. Not trying to be a save the world conserve energy hippy but damn.
>>
>>332011241
>You should never leave running electronic appliances, anon. They can catch a fire when you are not looking.

>>332010334
>Outside... couple times we left the house completely empty, it was always on running code.

As in, it was turned off when there was nobody there.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.