[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
wots 5 when? love these games. anyone buy wots 3 on steam?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: wots.jpg (134 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
wots.jpg
134 KB, 600x300
wots 5 when? love these games. anyone buy wots 3 on steam?
>>
How's the port?
>>
Sure did

Had to do a bit of fuckery to get a ps2 controller working but I am enjoying it now.

I wish I could do something about the framerate drop when I kick barrels to pieces.
>>
WOTS 3 sucks.

WOTS 1 > WOTS 4 >>>>>>> WOTS 2 > WOTS 4

I would absolutely love a new WOTS though. They should stop making their shitty Akiba bullshit.
>>
>>332000987

Are you kidding? This one is more akin to 1 that the ridiculous animay bullshit that was 2 and 4.

Not to mention the parry dickery of 2.
>>
Yeah, I got it. Loving it. Though I gotta say I liked 4 a little more.

>>332000604
Pretty much the same as 4.
>>
I played WaySam 3 forever on the 360 but I wouldn't have the patience to play it again. Getting into any of the factions takes a lot of grinding reputation and half the time I swear the quest item/character I'm looking for doesn't even exist.
Although I did like how it was a more serious story compared to 4. Oh, and beating everyone up reverse blade style in order to steal their looks.

I'd be all for a new game. Doesn't matter if its more silly or serious, I just like the way the event system works.
>>
>>332001456
I also like how the plot is structured in 3 compared to 4. It gives you a lot more freedom to influence events compared to the rigid storyline branches in 4.
>>
Did anyone get the DLC? What kind of outfits are in there?
>>
File: princess_duty_page_26.jpg (126 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
princess_duty_page_26.jpg
126 KB, 1024x768
I'm really just not getting this combat system
>>
>>332003036

You got your heavy attack and light attack

You can chain certain attacks into combos

Use kicks (guard+light attack) to link into combos

Use circle button to grab your opponent. Forward afterwards to push, backwards to pull

certain attacks send your opponent flying, from here you can juggle and/or do mid-air combos.

Pressing guard before an attack hits you lets you parry it. If you parry a heavy attack, it will parry every time automatically.

If you press forward while your opponent is blocking, you will push him, forcing him to stumble backwards; pressing backwards makes him stumble forward.

If he's "pressing" backward while you're pressing forward, you'll stumble forward"; same vice versa.
>>
I think 3 was the best one.
>>
>>332004668

It's closer to the japanese idea of a ramen samurai eastern.

The others took more liberties.

Regarding the quests, 1 got it right, how it links every side quest to the main story.
>>
PC port never
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFFrUvWDAbs
>>
>>332006891
This wasn't developed by Acquire? Anyway yeah, I doubt Ghostlight would bother with this since they'd have to localize it themselves.
>>
>>332006891
>Spike Chunsoft thought they could make a Way of the Samurai game without Acquire
>Acquire also got Tenchu taken from them
>Acquire's most successful game is Akiba's Trip 2
>stuck making phone games
Sucks to be Acquire.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.