[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /v/ think of KIRRA IS DEADU?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5
File: download (18).jpg (11 KB, 219x230) Image search: [Google]
download (18).jpg
11 KB, 219x230
What does /v/ think of KIRRA IS DEADU?
>>
>>331999493
who needs substance when you've got style?
>>
It was fun
>>
>>331999493
I didn't understand a single thing that was going on but >>332000132
>>
Substanceles yet stylish trash with poor game play, like all of Suda's games
>>
>>331999493
Mediocre

And a terribly cringey story and cringey dialogue.

I bought the special edition on release date for 60 dollars because I was a huge Sudafag
>>
>>331999493
Had some cool moments but overall a disappointment.
>>
Not as as good as Killer7 or No More Heroes, but better than Chainsaw Lollipop and Shadows.
>>
>>331999493
Really liked it. Stylish, simple, great art, Mondo is a cool guy, awesome final fight.

Moon river >everyone else
>>
>>331999493
was fun
>>
I miss you Danielle.
>>
I liked it.
Good game.
>>
>>331999493
It was fun.
>>
I enjoyed it a lot. The story made little sense, but separate episodes were cool. The combat was fun and spectacular too.
>>
>>332000839
I know but that style though. Fuck. That man has seriously good taste. If only we could combine his amazing taste with someone like Kamiya for some solid gameplay. Imagine how fucking good that game would be.
>>
>>331999493
Looked interesting but the combat just wasnt fun. The systems being used didnt feel fluid at all.
>>
Fucking great. Don't understand what's not to like. Only thing that could've made it better is being able to jump and do jump attacks and shit like that.
>>
>couldn't date Mika
Shit game.
>>
>>332001680
Needed more levels like the train level and headphones boss and alice in wonderland and less abstract dream levels.
And also just needed more levels, the game is pathetically short with style over substance.

Yes, No More Heroes and Killer7 are style over substance, but they're also really good games. Killer Is Dead is the definition of average.
>>
Even though it wasn't mechanically up to par with Bayonetta or DMC or something, it had more than enough style to make up for it.
One of my favorite games of 2013.
>>
>>332000839

This. It was another shitty Suda game.
>>
got it on sale, had a good time
>>
>>331999493
It was fun and not bad.
That's all that matters.
>>
>>331999493
Everything about it was completely nonsensical but it was a decent game.

I want another Killer7 tier Suda51 game so much. Nothing since has even come close for me.
>>
will always love this game for its dodge attack
>>
>>331999493
Mondo was shit I couldn't even remember his name and had to see it mentioned. OST was poor.

Travis was a cooler guy and had better games.
>>
Killer7 = NMH >> Shadows of the Big Boner> Killer is Dead >> NMH2 = Lollipop Chainsaw

fite me
>>
File: JimCareyDroolingWhileEating.jpg (35 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
JimCareyDroolingWhileEating.jpg
35 KB, 400x400
Superb visuals. Just whacking up the contrast works really well.

Especially >>332007738
>>
>>332007939
Killer7 = NMH > Shadows > NMH2 > Killer Is Dead > Lollipop

You were pretty close though Anon.
>>
>>332007738
These shit were gritting as fuck.
Complete satisfaction
>>
In all honesty if this game had cuhrazy levels of combat it would be one of my GOAT games. Interesting enemy design, distinct colour scheme and a protagonist who wears a suit. Gigolo missions were boring though.
>>
>>332007738
It looks cool, but the window to use it doesn't feel tight at all. Too spammable. It's one of my biggest complaints about the combat system.
>>
>>332008149
why is shadows so high up
that game was kind of crap
>>
>>332008998
only bad things are unskippable cutscenes and no ng+. want a sequel more then anything else.
>>
>>332008998
I had a lot of fun with it, I like third-person shooters.
It was also a cool kind of horror game with lots of interesting things going on, had a very 'pulp-y' feel to it.

Suda hasn't done a third-person shooter since either, making it quite a unique feeling game in his catalog.
>>
>>332008998
I still blame EA for forcing them to change concepts and westernize it to the point where Suda left the game heartbroken

>No, it became a completely different game. That was a bit disappointing. I think Suda was unable to create the scenario he'd originally had in his head,and he rewrote the scenario several times. I think his heart was broken. He's such a unique creator, so it seems to me that he was not quite comfortable with making this game."
From an interview with Mikami
http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/11553.html
>>
Never played this game. How does it compare to No More Heroes?
>>
>>332010008
>you will never play as a shirtless mexican and his magic gun who becomes his waifu
Explains why Johnson has absolutely no context behind him though, which I always thought was super weird.
>>
I want to impregnate Mika.
>>
>>332010163
Grab it off a steam sale for under 15ish, it's a solid 6 or 7/10 game

Kira is Ded is a trippy experience with good combat, but it's worse in every other aspect when compared to NMH's story, soundtrack, and cast.
>>
loved it
don't even mind the combat, it's an interesting and fresh game
>>
File: liberationmaiden.jpg (49 KB, 530x298) Image search: [Google]
liberationmaiden.jpg
49 KB, 530x298
>>332008149
>Not including Suda's best work
>>
>>331999493
I learned trains are a mans passion
>>
>>332010805
her ass is literally the best part of the game.
>>
File: liberationmaiden2.jpg (91 KB, 1011x463) Image search: [Google]
liberationmaiden2.jpg
91 KB, 1011x463
>>332011263
Damn right it is.
>>
>>332010805
I haven't played it, it worth checking out?

I'm scared off of Suda's smaller games after playing Black Knight Sword
>>
>>331999493
great game.
Solid in all aspects + a crazy story.
only bad part of the game is the mini-game and even then I was still able to get my rocks off on it, so I guess it did its job.
>>
>>332001273
nah, you're just full of cringe you didn't understand the story.

It was about a character who didn't care about the story and ignored it completely going about his job. Then when the end comes he actually realizes the gravity of his situation and ends up killing himself.
>>
>>332011463
It's literally Metal Wolf Chaos: Waifu Edition.

Plot: The President of Japan has been assassinated, now his daughter takes up the role. How? BY GETTING IN HER GIANT FLYING MECHA AND FIGHTING PLANT ALIENS THAT HAVE TAKEN CONTROL OF JAPAN. There's even J-Pop playing when you go into super-hype boss mode. The only downside is the game ends way too soon, and the "sequel" is a PS3 only visual novel that shows what the characters are doing when they aren't piloting giant robots freeing the shit out of Japan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcM6Xjon4RY
>>
File: Insert.jpg (386 KB, 1600x2133) Image search: [Google]
Insert.jpg
386 KB, 1600x2133
Anyone actually try this?
>>
>>332011938
>"sequel" is a PS3 only visual novel that shows what the characters are doing when they aren't piloting giant robots freeing the shit out of Japan
This part upsets me the most.
>>
>>332011965
>bring a pot of water to near boiling
>set chilled eggs in the water
Yeah great
>>
>>332011965
Nah

I prefer hard boiled eggs
>>
>>332011732
>Mondo
>Killing himself

:^)

the rest is p accurate summary tho
>>
>>331999493
I don't know because the Steam version is broken and as far as i know it hasn't been fixed.
>>
>>332012331

works on my machine.
>>
>>331999493
screen tearing was really bad, i couldn't play it.
>>
>>332012269
technically, yeah you're right he didn't kill himself. he severed his arm. But in the end it wasn't enough and the darkness he tried to prevent did take over. And he sort of fucked himself over. More or less it could have been his brother taking over his body since the arm aborsbs blood and bad juju.
>>
>>332011732
>The dialogue isn't cringey because you didn't understand the plot

Oh ok. Of course anon.
>>
>>332014451
yeah, because there isn't much of a plot. You're not suppose to care like mondo. There isn't much of a plot until the last 5 minutes of the game. Think anon, think.
>>
>>331999493
it's cuhrayzee
>>
>>332014841
What does a lack of plot have to do with the dialogue being hard to listen to?
>>
>>331999493
Best game ever...after Killer7

>SUDA best waifu
>>
>>331999493
It's like a Takashi Miike's movie
>>
>>331999493
I wish Shadows of the DAMNED was on steam too
>>
>>332008149
WAT?
>>
>>332008149
Where's Fatal Frame IV?
>>
>>332015420
the lack of plot is the reason why the dialogue is hard to listen to. Its just random blathering that doesn't make sense. Which was the intent of what the game was going for.

Seriously... "when you throw the sun into a black hole all that will happen is that the sun will get sucked into oblivion. Thats why I prepared a bigger black hole."

It parodies james bond flicks by mocking it and making it feel cringy. The script writer did there job write if some people will cringe to it and others who want something meaningful have something to discuss and talk about.

Take it in a different view when they talk. Instead of trying to connect a conversation together, watch how Mondo clearly just talks through his sentence not putting any effort or any meaning in the dialogue. He will make it short, slightly unwitty, or just express himself straight to the point tone. Its as if he is the complete opposite of james bond. Its something to think about.
>>
>>332011938
Should i get it for 3ds or Ios?
>>
>>332006271

Actually, the story is very simple. It's just that Mondo REFUSES to hear it.

In this universe, evil is a palpable force that can be stored, transferred and so on. The Moon absorbs all of Earth's evil, and the kingdom of the Moon keeps a watchful eye on it.

The Queen of the Moon had two sons. These are David and Mondo. David becomes an executioner, but he finds himself gradually absorbing evil from the people he kills (Which is why Mondo's arm always freaks out after an execution.) Eventually, he's completely corrupted and becomes a Wire.

He travels to the Moon, maims Mondo and chases off Moon River (Who is likely Mondo/David's mother) to Earth. Mondo wakes up at Brian's firm, amnesiac, and takes on his brother's job.

At the end of the story, after killing David, Mondo is completely corrupted by evil. He takes on David's role, but seems to have slightly better control - He stopped all that pent-up evil from overwhelming earth. But he'll go crazy and evil in time, if he hasn't already done so.
>>
>>332019105

The thing is that Mondo knows all of this. On some level, he can see where it's going. But he doesn't want to deal with it. He wants to eat eggs, fuck women, and just live his life. All of David's preparations are going on in the background regardless, and he can't help but be sucked in.

There's a lot of stuff that's unsaid, but it's still happening. It's like if Shinji ignored all the conspiracies in Evangelion and just piloted the giant robot. The world would still be fucked, he just wouldn't know.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.