[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Sonic 06 is a bad game When will this meme end?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: 1359905274423.jpg (121 KB, 355x438) Image search: [Google]
1359905274423.jpg
121 KB, 355x438
>Sonic 06 is a bad game

When will this meme end?
>>
>Sonic games

when will this meme end?
>>
>>331998474
When it stops being a bad game
>>
>>331998474
But it is, OP.
I have no idea why people think Boom is worse. Boom isn't a main series anniversary game last time I checked.
>>
>>331999250

Because at least Sonic 06 TRIED to be good. Sure; it may have only been for 20 minutes on the first day of the design meetings, but at least the project started with the intention of being the next big Sonic game.

Sonic Boom was just a generic 3D action game shat out by a developer comprised of nothing but former shovelware studios. No one would pick up the game until SEGA saw it and slapped Sonic blue coat of pain over it.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/user/Rogerfromimp/videos
>>
>>331998474
>When will this meme end?
When will this meme end?
>>
>>331998474
>>331998474
In a perfect world we would have had people label the game as a 6/10 at worst with only complaints about the glitches and how unfinished it was in some departments.

But instead we have pieces of fucking shits ranting on the game as a whole, with COMPLETELY asinine reasons at that. Exactly why we got the garbage that was Boom several years down the line. Fuck you idiots
>>
>>331998474
>When will this meme end?

never. because sonic 06 is actually a bad game.

see, it's one thing to defend games like sonic adventure, sonic cd, etc but i don't see how anyone could ever defend sonic 06. it'd be like trying to say superman 64 is a good game.
>>
Fuck you
>>
>>331998474
>Sonic has to go fast

When will this meme end?
>>
>>331999650
They're both shit, "Because it tried" doesn't make it good, it's always shit and you are sounding like a contrarian.
>>332002919
That's literally the only reason the series exists, sega constantly talked about how slow mario was while sonic and the genesis were faster BLAST PROCESSING
>>
It's not a meme though

like, I think that game is comedy gold. But if you look at it objectively on a technical standpoint it's probably one of the worst big-name games ever made, if not the worst. Never mind subjective complaints like the story being total trash or that the realistic art style (without the graphical limitations that the DC era games had to make it less uncanny valley-ish) doesn't mesh with the series at all.
>>
>>332003062
Apart from green hill zone, the whole game is a tedious platformer.

Even then you are struggling to hit full speed.
>>
>>332002854
>>332003128
>the piece of shit idiots that I was talking about

This is a literal meme
>>
>>331999650
>Sonic Boom was just a generic 3D action game
Exactly, Boom is just shovelware, absolutely forgettable. 06 on the other hand was a major disaster that caused massive damage to the blue fucker's reputation. Also I think you are forgetting about the dreadful story in 06.
>>
there's better ways to start a sonic thread, OP
>>
>>332002740
>But instead we have pieces of fucking shits ranting on the game as a whole,

I literally can't think of a single thing 06 did right. If you've got suggestions please tell me because I'm drawing a blank here.
>>
File: 1458620638126.webm (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1458620638126.webm
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>332003269
I know that but that's still the way it was marketed and it had speed in multiple sections but it did slow down to a hault some times, 2 and 3 are betting in that regaurd.
>>
File: Tails gets no updates.jpg (21 KB, 440x348) Image search: [Google]
Tails gets no updates.jpg
21 KB, 440x348
>Accept you are playing a glitch-ridden piece of shit development nightmare
>Embrace the shittiness
>Have a gay old time

There is no other way to play Sonic 06, it was the greatest comedy game ever made and it is easily my favorite Sonic game

It is the closest we will ever get to an official TGT game
>>
>>>331999024
/thread
>>
>>332002919
Never

the series was marketed that way from day one and at multiple points it's felt as though the devs took that marketing to heart themselves as well even though the series, at its core, was always about earning your right to go fast and not just about going fast. When you earn the right to go fast you can travel through time or take the high road to beat the level much faster or get an S rank. When you go fast for the sake of going fast you've got the mach speed sections in sonic 06.

I've heard people say Lost World is shit just because it has a run button and while that game isn't anything amazing that one change alone doesn't detract from the game's ability to be a fun platformer, albeit one that feels more like it wants to be mario galaxy than the genesis games.
>>
>>332003552
targeted 60FPS
even if tanked to half speed constantly, i still wish sonic team would (try to) make more 60FPS sonic games
>>
>>332003889
Problem is, the game itself stops people from the whole ironic entertainment with constant loading times and a extremely boring hub world.
>>
>>332003489
>Exactly, Boom is just shovelware, absolutely forgettable.

Something I think a lot of people forget is that Sonic Boom:Ryse of Lyric isn't a mainline sonic game. It's a licensed tie-in for a kid's show. It just happens that kid show is from a video game series.

That game is utter trash yeah but it's just yet another shitty licensed game. I think when people lump it in with mainline sonic or say it's proof that sonic is just as bad as it was in 2006 they're either just using an excuse to shit on a series they already don't like or they don't actually have any idea what they're talking about.
>>
>>332002740
This is much better b8 than OP.
>>
>>332004008

"targeted 60FPS" isn't really worth anything.

Sonic Unleashed was locked to 30 on 360 and was unlocked on PS3. The game has horrid framerate issues on the PS3 and frankly while I have not personally played the 360 version I'd imagine it's a better game solely as a result of that change.

Targeting 60 is better than not bothering but if you can't succeed and don't have the time, manpower or fucks to keep trying it really is better to just give up the ghost and focus on making it a stable 30.
>>
>Lost World is a bad game
When will this meme end? Tight controls, engaging level design, great art direction, and fantastic bosses.
>>
Check the 25th anniversay panel. Even Sega denies it's existence.
>>
>>331998474
I honestly liked the Silver gameplay. Sonic and Shadow's could have been good if the game wasn't a buggy piece of shit.

Design and story would still be awful though
>>
>>332004629
>Over 20 minute levels after like 3 levels
>Mach speed sections from 06 with small platforms
>Even though the controls are tight he feels like he's extremely heavy his jumps barely get any air
>Level design is really odd and even though there is the literal 3 dimension levels it feels really bad going to the other sides of the "planet"
The giant gamepad is also uncomfortable which makes this even worse.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.