[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what's the word /v/? I know it's a definite no without
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: hwl.jpg (183 KB, 575x514) Image search: [Google]
hwl.jpg
183 KB, 575x514
So what's the word /v/? I know it's a definite no without an N3DS, but is it worth $40?
>>
You will only get answers from salty Wii U owners here.
>>
>>331994623
Why are they salty? I thought they're getting the extra content in a DLC.
>>
>>331994469
>is it worth $40?
Unless you fucking loved the Wii U game to death and now want it on the go, probably not.

I'll pick it up soon.
>>
File: 1458787105197.jpg (214 KB, 1280x1132) Image search: [Google]
1458787105197.jpg
214 KB, 1280x1132
>>331994469
Got it today, have it on Wii-U as well and I would say if you can get it on Wii-U you should simply because it's still the definitive version. The N3DS version cuts a lot of corners to make it work well but even then I'm still enjoying it. Switching between characters is pretty refreshing and if you get them all together to fight a boss you get bonuses.

However I could only recommend Legends if you want to have another version on the go. All the characters and weapons are going to be DLC for the Wii-U version so you're not missing out on much and Legends has been re-balanced to be easier so that could put off some.

TLDR: Good, but the Wii-U version is better.
>>
>>331995529
Post more hylian/twili romance, please.
>>
File: Link&Midna.jpg (37 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
Link&Midna.jpg
37 KB, 620x350
>>331995697
No.
>>
>>331995874
Ok.
>>
Its good.

It fucking SUCKS I have to start over from scratch but its good.

Has some flaws but yeah, gameplay is still intact. It looks like shit though. I mean, 3DS is 5 years old now.

If you haven't played the WiiU version then by all means go for it.
>>
ROM DUMP WHEN?
>>
So is there any sort of data transfer between the two versions or do I really have to redo all those hours of work again?
>>
>>331996370
Gotta start from scratch, I believe.
>>
>>331996370
You can transfer the new characters to the Wii-u version.
>>
File: linkle.jpg (72 KB, 832x1025) Image search: [Google]
linkle.jpg
72 KB, 832x1025
Yosh.
>>
Serious question here:

What are the functional differences between the N3DS and the Wii U version?

Are there any reasons the Wii U version is better aside from graphics?
>>
Any pure 3DSfags got a Wii U code to spare?
>>
>>331997159
Graphics aside.
WiiU has coop

3DS has
-new Campaigns
-new Adventure map, and looks like wiiU won't get those from the next dlcs
-ocarina for teleporting around
-switching characters
-all previous dlc characters
-fairy dress-up simulator
-rebalanced adventure maps. and everything from previous dlc characters is now integrated into the adventure maps
>>
>>331997159

The N3DS version has some engine changes and overall rebalancing.

You can use multiple characters on some larger maps. You can switch between them at any time. It makes objectives that take place across the maps much more efficient as you had to run across the entire map on the wiiu version. Now you can send the cpu somewhere and then switch to them.

Theres now owl statues and a new ocarina item in the 3DS game where you can warp across the map at any time to an owl statue. Again cutting the time spent running across the map drastically.

Then theres new collectable/customisable fairies that work like items that buff/debuff and shit thats only in the 3DS version too.

WiiU has gamepad co/op, doesnt look like shit and more enemies on screen at once.
>>
>>331997631
>>331997767

>Wii U has Co-Op

To be honest, Co-Op was pretty bad since it halved the amount of enemies on screen at any time.

>Wii U has more enemies on screen
I thought N3DS still detects enemies, even if they're not visible.
>>
B0KGHHT503DLNTJD
Get it while it's hot.
>>
>>331997895
Enemies show on map and are actively moving. The enemies render in when you kill the ones already there. People say you won't be able to kill as many enemies as you would on Wii u. But that's not true. I've killed like 600 enemies in two to three minutes with Fi
>>
>>331998353

Can you hit a 500 enemy combo like in the Wii U version?
>>
>>331998260
Man I wish I knew about that site before I started looking for my 3DS.
>>
>>331998493
What site?
>>
>>331998353

Enemies definitely spawn faster on 3DS.

On WiiU when trying to take keeps one of my main gripes was waiting for new enemies to spawn. On 3DS you literally turn around and theres 20 more waiting behind you. I has to be with the way they are rendered or something. Its much better.
>>
>>331998557
https://eshop.nintendo.net/redeem#/
>>
>>331995529
>wiiu version is better

it may look prettier but it is in no way any better than legends. enough has been added to the core game that Legends is definitely the better experience.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.