[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: Alan_Wake_Game_Cover.jpg (40 KB, 256x330) Image search: [Google]
Alan_Wake_Game_Cover.jpg
40 KB, 256x330
Is it good?
>>
>>331991401
yes
>>
>>331991401
no
>>
No. Boring flashlight simulator.
>>
File: 1453773808208.jpg (129 KB, 600x772) Image search: [Google]
1453773808208.jpg
129 KB, 600x772
That's a question only you can answer anon
>>
>>331991401
no
>>
>>331991401
No

And don't start that fucking song
>>
mmmm... meh

It's okay. It's not that long so you won't feel cheated even if you don't enjoy it.
>>
gameplay is stale, story is ok, atmosphere is amazing. I enjoyed it though
>>
Probably would have been better off as a movie.

Still enjoyed it though.
>>
>>331991401
entertainingly mediocre
>>
It's okay. Worth playing if you have nothing better to do.
>>
File: the-thing-poster1.jpg (247 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
the-thing-poster1.jpg
247 KB, 1000x1500
Every time I see that cover I think of this.
>>
Very good, Comfy, watch some Twin Peaks before and prepare your detective's flashlight to pwn some ghosties
>>
Story and atmosphere are 10/10

Gameplay is 6/10 but strangely compelling and comfy, it's boring, but not frustrating or broken.

Also contains one of the best songs of all time https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPqZs7Vl_xg
>>
>>331991484
Well Memed

this guy obviously never played the game.

how was the trailer anon?

you should watch it again to brush up on your lexicon of Alan Wake knowledge and mastery before replying to me or my son ever again.
>>
There's almost nothing psychological at all and it's not scary in the slightest.
The atmosphere is very strong. The characters and the plot leave much to be desired. As for the gameplay (combat and puzzle solving), it's really dull.

Also you constantly keep losing your weapons, ammo and resources, so much of what you find by exploring around is rendered useless.
>>
>>331991949
Who cares if the game isn't scary? It's comfy, and that's all that matters.
>>
>>331992118
The people who might think it's scary would care to know that it isn't. You may notice that it's not the only thing I wrote.
>>
>>331991871

I played the game and got bored of pointing my flashlight at things. Don't reply to me ever again.
>>
>>331992487
You got bored?

don't blame the game for your own shortcummings anon

alan wake sold units
>>
>>331991401
Yes. Very atmospheric. I enjoyed it a lot.
Sequel when?
>>
>>331992737
So did Watch_Dogs.
>>
>>331993212
You mean Assassin's Creed: Current Year
>>
>>331992252
Yeah, fair enough. Don't go into it expecting it to be scary and you'll have a good time imo.
>>
Its weird, while playing it when it first came out I thought it was really mediocre and nothing special but in retrospect I think it was a really cool game.
>>
I enjoyed it a lot. It's more suspense than horror, just so you know. And if you like it enough, then try American Nightmare.
>>
>>331991515
WARRIORS, TORCHBEARERS, COME REDEEM OUR DREAMS
>>
>>331991401
it's okay
>>
CAAARRLLL
stuckyyyy
>>
>>331994687
SHED A LIGHT UPON THIS NIGHT
OF OTHERWORLDLY FIENDS
>>
it was a really good game yes
it gets repetetive after some time but the athmosphere is worth every second of it
also this moment https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeSUvoY2oUk
>>
>>331991725
I'm 90% sure that poster gets referenced ingame
>>
>>331991401
It's closer to good than bad.

Don't bother saving what you find, there's literally nothing in this that you get to keep from section to section, the game keeps finding reasons why you don't have anything at all. Which, if you know this, makes the game easier than it already is, which is pretty easy.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.