[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This was... pretty good actually.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: 20160325201040_1.jpg (219 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160325201040_1.jpg
219 KB, 1920x1080
This was... pretty good actually.
>>
Shovel Knight was a great game and one of the best platformers in recent history. /v/ just hates on it because they've been trained to by the hivemind.

>it's indie and has a retro style, it must be shit
>it's funded by kickstarter, it must be shit
>it's popular, it must be shit

Put all those together and /v/ will even hate a game as good as Shovel Knight.
>>
it's shit
>>
>>331984462
Not groundbreaking, but it was exactly what it was supposed to be, a solid platformer. Shieldknight and Shovelknight together was pretty cute.
>>
Shovel Knight was fantastic. One of the few indie games worth playing.
>>
>>331985042
>/v/ hates Shovel Knight

Other than this faggot >>331985241
I haven't seen any hate towards it on /v/
>>
>>331985451
This is /v/. This shithole of a board hates everything.
>>
>>331985370

have you played many actually good ones though? maybe indie games just aren't your thing and that's chill if it's true, but there are a lot of great indies out there, and frankly a few that are even better than Shovel Knight.
>>
could you please put "shovel knight" somewhere in your post so my filter catches it?

thanks
>>
>>331985714

tHaT's SoMe HoT eDgE tHeRe BrO
>>
A kickstarter that actually went pretty dang well. Go figure. Hell, with the Plague Knight update they're clearly even going above and beyond for the stretch goals.

Are there any other successful vidya kickstarters that have actually released? Only other one that comes to mind is Undertale, but I'm probably forgetting quite a few.
>>
>>331984462
it's an 8/10
>>
>>331985834
there are quite a few, but not a lot of them get this successful. another that comes to mind is CodeSpells.
>>
I liked how Castlevania like Tinker Knight's stage was. It was the best in design,music,and boss
>>
>>331984462
Pirated it and was legit surprised at how nice it turned out to be. Bought it later when I heard that plague of shadows has come out free for everyone who owns the game.
>>
>>331985834
Darkest Dungeon was pretty recent
>>
>>331986301
The stage and music were pretty probably my favorite, but the boss was a bit underwhelming. I liked the setup of "dumb nerd fight followed by giant robot fight" but the robot part was way too easy.
>>
>>331985042
>Wasting time playing le retro 2d platformers when video games have progressed lightyears
>in the fucking current year

got bored in 20 mins
can't shake the feeling I could be doing something better. Gaming has overtaken this archaic bullshit and it's no longer enjoyable
>>
>>331986616
bad b8
>>
Still waiting for amazon to send me my 3ds copy

>Lol buying physical
Fuck you, I have two medical field jobs and there is plenty of downtime EMT basic and ER Tech
>>
>>331986616
Videogames have progressed lightyears and they are still shit.
>>
>>331985252
>cute
>not lewd

I want to steal shield knight from him and lock her in my rape dungeon, then mail him the videos of me defiling his woman and making her say my name when she orgasms.
>>
Oh fuck right off.
I don't see why you faggots are so infatuated by this game.
No, I am not a hipster who thinks it is "shit". It's not shit, it's fine, but the game isn't anything special.
Volgarr the Viking came out at a similar time and that is a much better game than Shovel Knight.
My main gripe with SK is that it is piss easy. Why do people like games that have no semblance of difficulty to them? Especially fucking platformers.

All in all, Shovel Knight isn't even in my top 10 platformers of all time.
Dustforce is the best platformer of all time.
>>
>>331987912
>Dustforce is the best platformer of all time.

they're not even worth comparing, though. they're both 2d and they both have platforms, but beyond that they're just completely mechanically different and appeal to entirely different audiences.
>>
The DLC is even more adorable than the main game.
>>
I didn't think the game was anything special really.

The only way you'd ever die is if you fell into a bottomless pit or spikes, the enemies might aswell not be there because they will never kill you unless they shove you into spikes.

Would've been far better if they removed most of the instant-kill objects and just made the enemies stronger and harder to kill
>>
>>331987912
It's a very solid game, and they nailed the NES aesthetic to a T. For sure there's more value in it if you're into that kind of nostalgia. Why shit on other opinions just because they're different from yours?

And I wouldn't say the game has "no semblance" of difficulty, but you're right, it's easily broken, and pretty simple generally. There's a couple achiements for doing no-relic, no purchase runs, and I had fun with that.

The Plague Knight levels tended to be harder on the platforming side as well because of the different way he controls and that was great, too.
>>
>>331987912
>le difficulty is the only thing that matters meme
dustforce's level design was trash
>>
>>331985252
>Groundbreaking

I know what you're up to faggot
>>
>>331989650
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CVMGUjREdg

Watch this and shut the fuck up. You just got shat on.
>>
>>331989650
>dustforce's level design was trash
>dustforce
>trash

I see what you did there
>>
>>331989738
I stay noided, you can't catch me you nigg.
>>
>>331985504
>Ridicule a supposed hivemind that hates everything because of selective bias
>based on hivemind belief said group is entirety of the board because of selective bias
I love extremism, it never fails to escalate its absurdity exponentially.
>>
>>331990260
>using "exponentially" improperly

Thanks for triggering me.
>>
>>331989775
>I can't form my own opinions so have this video of my favorite literallywho

Yeah no child.
>>
>>331987912
>but the game isn't anything special.
I'll never get this kind of mentality. Unless a game is amazing, it isn't worth playing, discussing and loving? What the fuck?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.