[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I got the Drake Sword
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1435935370205.jpg (127 KB, 496x542) Image search: [Google]
1435935370205.jpg
127 KB, 496x542
in Dark Souls 1, and I feel over powered now. I kill those black knight dudes in like, 4-5 swings one handed, and everything else dies in a single swing two handed.

How long until I get some fucking competition?

Doing a blind playthrough. I just remembered a friend telling me to shoot the dragons tail years ago for a sweet sword.

And, I just rang the first bell.
>>
It'll be alright for the next boss after that it'll be shit
>>
>>331966267
Give it 2 more hours till you can't kill shit with the Drake Sword
>>
>>331966267
The drake sword never gets stronger.
So relatively soon.
>>
Charge towards the graveyard until you find a big-ass coffin you can get into, make sure you have eyes.
You'll get a sweet sword if you can lift it.
>>
just continue following the guide your using, friend
>>
>>331966267
Drake Sword has no stat scaling, it'll only ever get an extra hundred base damage at +5.

it's great for early game, but it peters out fast.

you'll wanna move on to the Claymore soon, I figure.
>>
>>331966709
I used the Fire Longsword in Dark Souls 2 all the way to the end, until I realized how much more damage I could be doing with the Red Iron Twinblade and was forever changed.

Do they have twinblades in this one? I really liked the moveset, and reach.
>>
>>331966975
nah, Twinblades are a class added in 2, if you're a fan of reach, go for a Polearm.
>>
>>331966267
Then stop using the Drake sword. Use a real sword like the Black Knight's Greatsword.
>>
>>331967243
I always felt I left myself too open with polearms, that's why I liked the twinblade, the first attack was always quick and easy to recover from, but if I followed up, I left myself open, so it better be a shot worth picking.

With the polearms, I always feel wayyyy too open when swinging.
>>
>>331967712
hmm, longer reach, but less open time...

if you don't mind your reach to be based more straight ahead of you, the Balder Side Sword is a solid choice.

but if you want wide swings, Claymore/Zweihander is probably your best choice, claymore's a bit faster, noticeably shorter, but has a stab as well.
>>
I'm also playing it for the first time. I've got a 4+ Zweihander and I'm in blighttown but I can't kill these fat fucks, they're massive damage sponges.

Any tips? I can't seem to get parrying down.
>>
>>331968175
let them attack first, they leave themselves waaay open after their attacks.

assuming you're talking about the club wielding ones, the ones who attack with boulders can all be circumvented, you don't have to fight those ones.
>>
>>331967960
I have the Zweihander, but not enough strength to use. I haven't come across the Claymore yet, but it sounds more my speed if it has a stab included.

That's the big feature I liked about the Twin Blade, was wide quick attacks, and straight strong attacks.
>>
I haven't played for a couple years and decided to start a new play through recently.
Tfw the first black knight dropped the greatsword
>>
>>331968446
Claymore's on the firedrake Bridge, you can reach it from the side the firedrake normally sits above.
>>
>>331968446
The stat requirements are halved if you two-hand it.
>>
>>331968898
I'm a shield baby.
>>331968876
Gotchya. Haven't even attempted to cross that baby yet.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.