[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else hype AF about the movie and the game? Also, Ratchet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5
File: yiss.jpg (339 KB, 1209x1500) Image search: [Google]
yiss.jpg
339 KB, 1209x1500
Anyone else hype AF about the movie and the game? Also, Ratchet and Clank discussion
>>
No the game will be shit without the original soundtracks
>>
i want the movie to be good but new ratchet looks bad

should have kept his old style
>>
>>321680625
Hype is real, but it depresses the fuck out of me for something like, 4 reasons.
1, PS4 has an abysmally small quantity of good games relative to what I know I'd like.

2, they've completely assraped R&C 1 across the board.
a. Visuals, you look at Drek's eyes and tell me that's an improvement.
b. Audio, there's no contest
c. Story, besides some major changes across the board, my biggest thing is this: Grummel Net items being sold in the regular shops. Not even a black market thing like in 2 and 3. Just straight-up shit like Mr. Zurkon sold alongside Sorona Galaxy weapons. Literally why?
d. FUCKING PRE-ORDER BULLSHIT, Bouncer is Pre-Order DLC you can just buy post-launch instead of being an actual throwback to R&C2, a very bad sign of what is to come

3. It has been the slowest gaming season off-PC in a long time.
4. I am half-tempted to get an Xbone for the Rare Replay pack.
>>
>>321683637
Do you really want the remake to play exactly like the first game? With the unupgradeable weapons and complete lack of strafing and other shit that makes it really hard to go back to?

Plus the story being different is handwaved away by Quark telling the story of the first game and you know how much he likes to make shit up, especially given his role in the first game.

Agree with the rest of your points though. Apprehensive but cautiously optimistic. Ditto about the movie but I think the movie does have a half-decent chance of ending up good.
>>
>>321683637
Mostly agree (especially on the Grummelnet point, we'll never get rid of them), however
>d. FUCKING PRE-ORDER BULLSHIT, Bouncer is Pre-Order DLC you can just buy post-launch instead of being an actual throwback to R&C2, a very bad sign of what is to come
They have stated multiple times it was just a thing Sony paid extra for, and that it wouldn't have been there to begin with otherwise. Exclusive pre-order bonuses have been a thing since A4O, by the way- it's not a "bad sign" of anything to come, it's just the way things are.

Also, fuck IG's new "voiceovers all the time" policy. Have you seen the Veldin demo? Everyone feels the need to comment every single thing that's happening on screen, or just make small talk when nothing's actually happening. That's going to be even worse than having to listen to Michael Bross' garbage.
>>
>>321683637

>visuals are bad because drek has eyes
>story is bad because of things that aren't even related to the story
>>
>>321680625
yea looking forward to it a lot.
not worth 60 bucks though.
should have had a great multiplayer mode with ctf and shit and leveling unlocking guns leveling those guns like full on COD mode.
>>
>>321686534

It's $40
>>
>>321686720
well fuck me in the ass i'm gonna get it day 1
>>
>>321683637
The script seems to have sucked the fun out of all the actors.

Humor isn't quite there either from what I've see , I'm just not optimistic.
>>
Fuck R&C 1 where's my UYA remake?
>>
>>321687219
1+1 = 2.
2+1 = 3.
So somewhere around 2020 at this rate.
>>
>>321686994
The humor hasn't been the since the PS2 era
Everything in the PS3 era's been toned down to appeal to kiddies
Which means the jokes became complete CN-tier shit
>>
>>321687219
Pls no
They'll just junk it up like they're doing with this game
It's better to just leave it alone
>>
They need to show better weapons, overall it looks really slow compared to how I want it to play.
>>
>>321686994
>>321687402

Yeah that really annoyed me. I like the games still, but the change in humor really sucks. I don't know why they felt the sudden need to do that. I didn't really notice it until A Crack in Time though.

The game looks good, but I won't play it for quite awhile since I need more reasons to get a PS4. Right now the only PS4 games I care about are Ratchet and Clank and Dragon Quest XI, and that's just not enough reason to get a PS4.
>>
>>321686534
Fuck off
>>
>>321683637

I played the demo and got the stench of one of my biggest gripes about the PS3 games; TOO, MUCH, TALKING.

I remember muting the sound during arena combat matches of the older games due to the endless repetitive commentary going on. The Future games, especially ACiT, had way too much of it in all stages. It's like they're afraid if the kids aren't hearing noise every few seconds they're going to get disinterested.

Maybe if the jokes were better I wouldn't mind as much, but the humor has been dumbed down to make it more 'kid friendly'.

"Hahaha, Ratchet pointed out they're hauling a giant man-eating fish and that qualifies as a joke somehow!"

And yeah, the Grummel Net thing bothers me too, just how many games are we going to use the freaking Combuster? Does this mean Gadgetron doesn't exist in this game?
>>
>>321687741
Get on my level mate, I bought a ps3 just for JoJos bizarre fighter adventure, and turns out its pure shit
>>
>>321687945
>not wanting R&C 3 multiplayer back
>>
>>321687945
That's how UYA did it and that multiplayer was pretty based
>>
>>321688337

Gadgetron still exists, they're just selling Grummelnet and Megacorp weapons because reasons. Licensing or whatever. Gadgetron HQ is confirmed for the remake.
>>
>>321683637
>d. FUCKING PRE-ORDER BULLSHIT, Bouncer is Pre-Order DLC you can just buy post-launch instead of being an actual throwback to R&C2, a very bad sign of what is to come

FYI, Insomniac already stated Sony forced them to do it.
>>
File: enough.jpg (39 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
enough.jpg
39 KB, 1280x720
>>321680625
>No David Bergeaud
>>
>>321683637

Fuck, I forgot about that.
>>
>>321685665
>>321688829
Huh.. Yeah.. I looked that up, I can at least let that pass...

>>321689805
Yeah... at least that's the only thing..
>>
I'm gonna get it but I don't have super high expectations.

I'm just glad Ratchet games keep getting made.
>>
File: 4f5.png (80 KB, 455x455) Image search: [Google]
4f5.png
80 KB, 455x455
>>321680625
most of the team is pretty much gone. i tried the demo and the gameplay has litterally no weight. nothing has impact, its even floatier than ToD.

i beat UYA again recently and its amazing how much more responsive and fun the controls are than the future series.

as for the movie, the director is pretty mediocre and so is the writer.
>>
the latest gameplay from PSX looked like absolute trash
shiny graphics but absolutely generic gameplay
>>
File: disc blade.jpg (20 KB, 384x256) Image search: [Google]
disc blade.jpg
20 KB, 384x256
>>321680625
objectively most fun gun coming through.
>>
>>321686340
>implying he ever said bad
>>
File: Most disappoint.png (2 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
Most disappoint.png
2 KB, 184x184
>all this time and all these disappointing spin-off games
>there is still no standalone Captain Qwark game where he actually saves the day and has like an arc and shit
>similarly there is no bro-op game about Cronk and Zephyr back in the great war before they went robo-senile

All these great characters and what do they do? Jack shit.
>>
>>321683637
agree with this

>>321684794
but this anon as a point
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.