[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dark Souls
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
Anyone else have any trouble with these fucks? I've been stuck on them for about two weeks now.

I know their weaknesses, and to basically use the lightning spear but every time I get to Smoughs second form I'm low on estus flasks and he gets me with that fucking ass attack

Any advice?
>>
>>331888596
Get humanity
Summon other people
Rape the faggots
They deserve it
>>
>>331888596

Kill fatty first
>>
>>331888596
press b to roll
>>
>>331888596
Be patient. Back up, watch them carefully and only attack when it's safe. They're each actually pretty slow and not very aggressive in the first phase, you just need to keep an eye on them both.
Also, use a weapon you're good with, don't use a lightning spear just because it was recommended or something.
>>
>>331888596
Roll. Just keep rolling. Never stop.
>>
>>331888596
>but every time I get to Smoughs second form
Have you tried facing Super Ornstein instead? I see a lot of people comment that Super Smough is supposed to be the easier of the two, but personally I found Super Ornstein to be way more manageable since his AoE is smaller.
>>
I'm in an area where I can't reliably get humanity. And I'm out of the humanity consumables I guess you could call them. To my knowledge I could eventually aquire some humanity points if I kill the enemies in the area over and over again?

Honestly feel like this boss fight is poorly designed. Since it's in the middle of the game and according to the few friends I have who've beaten it, it's the hardest part in the whole game
>>
>>331889457
>I'm in an area where I can't reliably get humanity. And I'm out of the humanity consumables I guess you could call them. To my knowledge I could eventually aquire some humanity points if I kill the enemies in the area over and over again?
>Honestly feel like this boss fight is poorly designed. Since it's in the middle of the game and according to the few friends I have who've beaten it, it's the hardest part in the whole game
Then go to another area. It's not that hard a boss if you summon solaire and have a decent weapon
>>
>>331889457
>poorly designed
It's one of the most well-designed fights in the game, it being hard doesn't make it poorly designed. The hardest boss in the game is a very subjective point, there are plenty of bosses after this one that I've seen people say are way harder.
>>
Yeah I've tried and failed the boss fight doing all manner of strats and by using my preferred weapon (Drake sword) but the lightning spear seems to work better, at least for Smough
>>
>>331889653
>preferred weapon (Drake Sword)
Urgh, it's gonna be a long time before you beat the game.
Try an actual weapon, don't rely on a crutch that's only useful for half the game.
>>
File: demlyfestruggls.jpg (68 KB, 500x447) Image search: [Google]
demlyfestruggls.jpg
68 KB, 500x447
>Ornstein's attacks can go through Smough and hit you
>>
If you need to, summon solaire
The battle is much easier when each boss is focusing on a single person at once
>>
First time playing DS this week, i couldn't get past these fuckers. so i went to the depths and started farming humanity from rats, then i asked for someone for help, and we did it first try.

i think it was a fight designed for 2 people
>>
Just use pyromancy
>>
Drake sword is the best weapon that I have the stats to use currently without excessive grinding to use something like the dragons tooth.

Should I go for mobility in my armour set or a more tanky set? What I've got equiped currently is Havel's Armour. For a mobile set I've got the gold hemmed.
>>
>>331890180
There are no fights designed for two people. It's designed to be much easier with two people, but most definitely beatable solo with some patience.
In phase 1, they're each much more passive than most bosses are. If it was designed for two people, they'd both be at full aggression the whole time.
>>
I played DaS for the first time recently and I got stuck on O&S for about a week. I ran out of humanity too, and I didn't really want to run back to get more humanity. But eventually I went to the catacombs and explored there. Leveled up a few times and when I came back it was easier. The Super Smough is honestly really easy if you spend enough time learning his attacks. There's only like 4 and you just goad out his attacks until you get one that you feel safe attacking him after.

I would attack on either of his hammer swing attacks, switch my lightning spear to two handed, hit him 2 or 3 times, then switch back and hold my shield button as soon as I could. Eventually, with enough patience, he goes down.
>>
>>331890372
Go with whatever you find easier, anon. There's no magic strategy that'll win the fight for you, you need to either get gud or give up and summon help.
>>
Pyromancy has become my best friend for this fight. I use great chaos fireball and have the base fireball spell set for the secondary slot.

I didn't think you can leave Anor Londo until you finish the boss?
>>
>>331890562
You can leave at literally any time.
>>
>>331890562
You can, it's just a pain in the ass to get back without lordvessel
>>
>>331890562
Yes you can, you just go back to the gargoyles that brought you in
>>
>>331888596
> I'm low on estus
Have you visited Catacombs?
Get greatshield, get fire weapon. Separete Ornstein from Smough while circling around the area. Block/roll from their attacks. It'll take some time and all this time you must be careful, especially while Ornstein is alive.
>>
Oh shit I didn't know that. Thanks guys. I think I'm gonna go tackle that shit now actually.
>>
I don't see anyone mentioning the biggest advantage you have in this fight, the pillars. Use the pillars to get smough stuck and smack ornstein and super smough is easy just be patient and watch out for that AOE
>>
File: 1452023261352.jpg (88 KB, 496x499) Image search: [Google]
1452023261352.jpg
88 KB, 496x499
With super smough just keep him on the other side of a pillar and wait for his overhead smash to punish. Slow and hard hitting weapons work better for this.
>>
>>331888596
get gud
>>
Ornstein is way faster than Smough, so try breaking them apart in the first phase. Don't use lock on and keep both of them in sight. Keep running away until Ornstein catches up with you, then you lay on him. Pyros work better on him, but aren't necessary. This strategy should save you some Estus for the second phase.

After that it's easy. Smough is basically the same as the first phase, but he has lightning now. His attacks all have unique and long wind-ups, so you should be OK if you don't rush things. You have lightning spear and he's weak to it, so use them. In case it's not enough, be careful of the "shoveling" attack (always retreat, don't take any chances) and the lightning butt stomp (usually two fast rolls away are enough).
>>
It's been said several times in this thread, but the key is to keep them separated.

You can clear a path for Solaire and summon him to help you, since those sentinel fucks will wreck his shit if you just try to run past them.

Then just let him engage Kennan while you wreck Kel's shit. Just stay diagonal to a pillar and his attacks won't hit you, though that forward lunge he does WILL cut straight down the middle of a pillar and poke you. Then taking on Josh once Drake is out of the fight should be simple enough, just roll away when he butt pounds and poke him.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.