[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this worth playing at all? What's the catch when it's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
Is this worth playing at all?

What's the catch when it's F2P?
>>
>>331885647
They fucking charge you for EVERYTHING. Want more inventory slots? too bad! It's 5 dollars--I mean cartel coins!

Look, it's just a basic WoW clone with it's own spin but really it's only playable with it's monthly subscription.
>>
The catch is it's an awful game you shouldn't be considering.
>>
The F2P bullshit is absolutely ridiculous in TOR.

I played it at release, and disliked it. Last month I figured I'd give it another try for shits and giggles, and took a one month subscription. It's somewhat better now, and I found myself enjoying it as a single player game for about a week. Then I lost all interest and haven't touched it since.

I'd rather just have it as a pure single player game, without the pointless MMO stuff.
>>
>>331885647
It's alright not as bad as /v/ makes it out to be

f2p is suffering though so you're better off subbing
>>
>>331885647
Going preferred aka paying at least ONCE for something, whether it's a sub or cash shop, is pretty much mandatory to experience the very basics. Unless you're a complete casual who just wants class story and literally nothing else.
>>
Think I'm gonna install it and see what's what, at least.
>>
Are you a desperate lonely nerd looking for waifus? YES!

That's the best positive I could come up with
>>
>>331888293
Dont delude yourself, swtor is an awful waifu simulator. Literally every other mmorpg does it better
>>
>>331888535
Yeah but that's really the only positive I could thing of
>>
File: 1445027256279.jpg (611 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1445027256279.jpg
611 KB, 1920x1080
Probably one of the most restrictive f2p models you'll find.
>>
>>331888687
How about the fact that it has, hands down, the best questing story of ANY mmorpg?

The game is a decent online social environment to collect mounts, build your base, pvp, hang out, and roleplay.

The PvE is a lost cause.

Level to 65 through the main story, make friends, PvP, build your stronghold, and collect mounts and vehicles.
>>
>>331888881

That's a nice character. But I get the feeling that half of all females look like that.
>>
this is one of the only mmos i've ever managed to become rich on
>>
File: 1452710067089.jpg (479 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1452710067089.jpg
479 KB, 1920x1080
>>331890921
Slutwear is one of the things you can always count on being in a mmo.
>>
>>331890921
That armor is expensive as shit.
>>
>>331891095

I sold my WoW character for like $500 back in the day. But "rich" implies at least five figures to me.
>>
>>331885647
>Ads everywhere
>Microtransactions everywhere
>Limited number of ship battles per week (3)
>Limited number of PVP matches per week

Literally EA the game
>>
>>331891175
>five figure
>rich
anon pls
>>
>>331891396

Well, considering it's a video game and it's not, I don't know, competitive.
>>
>>331889229
FFXIV wants to have a word with you
>>
>its another SWTOR thread on /v/ with full of poorfags who cant afford 15$ and feel entitled to play a 300$ mill game fully for free
>>
So far I leveled to 32 and it's not remotely as bad as /v/ constantly made it out to be, it's just really painfully average. Story and voice acted cutscenes are pretty cool though.

That said I don't think I'll continue on for much longer, there are better alternatives out there.
>>
>>331894191
>Story and voice acted cutscenes are pretty cool though.

I just want like a sequel to KotOR.
>>
File: 65246.png (12 KB, 480x320) Image search: [Google]
65246.png
12 KB, 480x320
NO. The game is a travesty. Fucking clunky, ugly and there are tons of better choices.
Even if you are a Star
Wars fag I would recommend skipping this.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.