[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this really a shitty game?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: image.png (196 KB, 290x414) Image search: [Google]
image.png
196 KB, 290x414
Is this really a shitty game?
>>
You sound like you're trying to imply that it's a bad game. It's a good game although it suffered from bad ports and a bad camera, and it's also seen as the last good sonic game.
>>
Is it a Sonic game?
>>
>>331881536
the ports arent even bad, you all just suck at the game
>>
you may not like the cutscenes; they don't hold up very well and tend to be viewed as mostly obnoxious, but you can skip them.
The game itself is very fun though. God knows how many hours I put into it.
There's lots of level variation, with the second "act" of each Zone taking place in a deeper version of the first, and my personal two favorite levels are Hang Castle and Frog Forest. They're really fun and rather imaginative
>>
>>331881589
That question has been thrown around alot about this game
>>
>>331881270
>This and Sonic Advance 3 was Ryan Drummond's last games

I liked his cheesiness. Jason Griffith was terrible, but got better, and Roger Craig Smith is pretty cool.
>>
This is actually the best Sonic game. As long as you play as Team Dark, that is.
>>
>Shit
>Rock
>HA
>>
>>331881761
Frog Forest was beautiful.
>>
>>331881270
It's meh. Don't play the PS2 version, it runs like ass.
>>
File: 1391904193722.jpg (97 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1391904193722.jpg
97 KB, 1280x720
>>331881832
>Sonic Heroes
>Jason Griffith
>>
>>331881270
anyone ever unlock Team Metal Sonic?
>metal sonic
>eggman
>dark chao
>>
>>331881270
no chao gardens
>>
>>331881951
Uh, I never said he was in Heroes.
>>
>>331881270
I don't remember much of it other than getting he true ending.
I thought as far as Super Sonic segments go, this one's was pretty lame. You just hit him with your team power 5 or 6 times.
>>
>>331881270
Yes. The levels are repetitive, and you have to play through the game 4 times and do the 7 shitty bonus stages to get to the final boss
>>
It's better than either Sonic Adventure game.
>>
>>331881270
As a concept, no, in execution, yes.
A lot of the mechanics don't iron out well or outright fuck you over. The level design also leaves something to be desired given it highlights a lot of the issues. Some bottomless pits should have been reconsidered for enemy pits to lessen the frustration that comes from punching, rocket excelling, rail hopping, triangle jump failing or any other number of techniques suffering technical issues into immediate death.
>>
This was literally the only good 3D Sonic game

Team Chaos was the best
>>
>>331881667
The PS2 port was not that good, it was definitely playable, but the versions on other consoles and the PC were better.

Why haven't they added this game to steam?
>>
>>331881960
This is only half-true.
It's sorta misleading, but you technically DO unlock a Metal Team Sonic. Along with metal coats of the other team members.
It's rather lazy, but I found it kinda cool.
That's your prize after getting all A ranks
>>331882026
Oh right. I read that wrong, sorry
>>
>>331881270
The only thing I remember about this game was how absolutely infuriating rail switching was on that train level, dear god.
>>
File: Sonic_Advance_3_Coverart.png (139 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
Sonic_Advance_3_Coverart.png
139 KB, 256x256
>>331881832
Sonic Advance 3 ending theme gave out that end of era feel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8rpj92zYCs
>>
>>331882160
THE YOUNG DESTINED FIRE
TRAPPED IN THIS MACHINE
DON'T KNOW HOW LONG WE'VE WAITED
AS THE EGGMAN'S WATCHING

Best fucking theme. This game introduced me to Julien-k and Orgy. Great fucking bands.
>>
>>331881832
Fuck Ryan Drummond
http://youtu.be/EgH-npy0mnc
>>
File: 1428489649940.png (754 KB, 639x480) Image search: [Google]
1428489649940.png
754 KB, 639x480
You tell me.
>>
>>331882393
>metal omega

what.
>>
Its a great game if youre on gamecube or xbox and playing team shadow or team sonic. if you suck ass at the game theres casual mode, team rose. and if you want different missions then theres team chaotix. variety is the games greatest strength imo and i really like the shiny look everything has and the music is great.

one of the better sonics fammy, i love it. only thing that sucks is the special stages and how you need to a rank everything for super hard mode, but at least its a good reward.
>>
>>331882478
You can think of it as he's made of a slightly reddish material here if it so tickles your fancy...?
>>
>>331881270
>springs might kill you if you look at them wrong
>combat makes the game slow as shit
>some bosses are made more tedious just because somethimes RNG decides to be a bitch
>music is worse than earlier games
>the characters never shut up
>halfway into the game you start to stay more on rails
>actually you start to mostly stay on rails
>characters never SHUT THE FUCK UP!
>even more rails
>fuck rails
>there is nothing particularly interesting about the game
>special stages are glitched
>you have to play the same game almost 4 times to unlock last boss
>I fucking hate rails

The game is great, probably GOAT
>>
>>331883464
>>springs might kill you if you look at them wrong

Literally never happened to me, and I played this game god knows how much
>>
>>331881270
the only thing I didn't like about the game were the grind rail sections (especially the FUCKING haunted house level) and the fact that each character's campaigns are more or less identical

other than that I think it's pretty good, especially for a 3d sonic game considering most of them are shit
>>
3D sonic power ranking

Unleashed > heroes > SA2 > generations > SA1 > 06
>>
>>331881761
>There's lots of level variation
There's almost none in terms of what you do in the levels. The game runs out of ideas halfway through, and there's very few level gimmicks that don't take over the entire level.
>>
>>331881270
I loved it
>>
File: pitchfork10.jpg (24 KB, 500x379) Image search: [Google]
pitchfork10.jpg
24 KB, 500x379
Love this game and its god tier soundtrack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JBG5o6EkPo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRUdjM6-iR8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_UIhMZKjL0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-K6wBMBl1g

Why do sonic games always have great OSTs
>>
>>331883464
>the two stages that were almost ALL rails
at least the music was good
>>
>>331884967
I meant themes
Yeah that's true tho, there's a lot of reused gimmicks and rollercoaster level design for each stage with little setpieces to break it up
>>
https://youtu.be/OLZfD-OvB0w?t=37m29s

Are you fucking garbage cucks seriously hating the rail canyon level? Thats one of the best levels in the game, fuck you fags, get gud
>>
>>331885437
What the fuck, you forgot this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGjnLXRau50
>>
File: 1458805798996.gif (13 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1458805798996.gif
13 KB, 633x758
>bullet station
>you get in the cannon that launches you at like a million miles per hour
>that heavy guitar riff plays

>hang castle and mystic mansion
>haunted mansions with fun house like design and tricks and illusions everywhere

>egg fleet
>charging together with your 2 bros and smashing eggmans air ship and going up into the stratosphere before landing on rails

I love this game so much
>>
>>331881270
I remember playing this first on a toaster, it could barely play it, and the game was a good 30-40% slower than it was supposed to be, kinda ironic tho
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.