[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So I've been playing this, and I've really been enjoying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: header.jpg (43 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
43 KB, 460x215
So I've been playing this, and I've really been enjoying it. I've never played the Souls series but I hear they're similar? If I like this will I like the Souls games /v/?
>>
File: disgusting (3).jpg (21 KB, 286x288) Image search: [Google]
disgusting (3).jpg
21 KB, 286x288
>>331880379
>Tried to sell this shitty game 10 hours ago
>Failed
>Still trying

I really hope you have a family to feed faggot.
>>
>>331880379
Souls game do everything better than LOTF, by a factor of about 10. Except maybe graphics.

If you are enjoying LOTF then you should immediately uninstall it and start playing souls.
>>
LOTF is more like a demo of dark souls.
You should play the DS games asap.
>>
Souls are harder , I've beaten lords of the fallen a couple of days ago, it was fun but still it lacked something. Souls may be similar, but mostly for a general idea. The fight pace is different, bosses in both are completely different, in lotf it was more duel like, whilst in souls it was a clash of massive force on your butcheeks
>you'll love souls
>>
>>331880379
I just got it the other week or whatever on the free with gold.

I checked it out, chose the paladin looking stuff or whatever.

I've beaten the souls games, so the combat was easy to get use to right off the bat, but felt like a clunkier, cheesier, easier version of souls. Like, if Souls target audience was 10-15 year olds, this would be the product.

Never got into it, won't pick it up again.

If I had paid for me, maybe I'd feel more obligated, but I don't care.
>>
>>331880750
What are you even talking about?
>>
>>331880379
You will enjoy any souls game, including bloodborne, way more than LotF.

Anyone who played it the other way around doesn't like LotF that much, since it has a lot of issues, and half way through the game, it becomes a complete chore
>>
File: 1454680520791.jpg (21 KB, 200x243) Image search: [Google]
1454680520791.jpg
21 KB, 200x243
>>331880379

Having played both, Souls series is harder, tighter on the controls with more weapon variety, enemy variety, location variety etc. But what parts Lords was better in, was the story and its magical effects. Souls stories have always been trash and while the magic system is neat, they are all simple magic missiles with different colors.

If you did enjoy Lords of the Fallen, then you will enjoy Souls games, just be aware that they require a tremendous amount of time, patience, and learning. Lords of the Fallen is a lite pick up and play Souls title. To note, Dark Siders series might also be up your alley.
>>
>>331880379

Souls is similar but a lot easier.
You have god mode roll that gets out yout from any attack.

Basically, Souls gameplay a lot more simple and dumber and repetitive.

Every enemy is beatable with roll+attack combo.
>>
>>331881371
One of the things that riled me up the most from LotF was that the decoy only worked half ways

For example, the big dudes with the big shields (not the small ones) would instantly turn around to block your attack if they get fooled by the decoy and you manage to position yourself behind them

What the fuck's the point?
>>
>>331881371
Oh I love Darksiders, even the second one. Plat'd both of them. My favorite new IP of the past decade outside Dragon's Dogma.
>>
>>331880379
i heard you can only be a fucking white male in it
i'm not going to buy your shitty game
>>
>>331881650
Well it's not my game, and I got it for free on gold, so I didn't buy it anyways.
>>
>>331880379
I played it for 5 hours and it was crap.
>>
>>331881050
The clunkilness is what ruined it for me. Going from souls to lotf felt like huge downgrade in everything except graphics.
>>
>>331880379
>this game was free on xbone
>play it
>2 hours in deal with a section where i couldn't get a quest item
>watch a youtube video to see where it is exactly
>i've passed the same fucking spot like 5 times, it just decided it wasn't going to spawn

Fuck this game
>>
It was £3 on indiebundle yesterday.

Played for a couple of hours today. It's fine just a shame the combat is SO clunky. So much wind up on attacks which is fine but enemies don't have that same feeling of weight. Recovery after repelling their shields is also too fast it seems. In general i'm finding it hard to read openings with even the heaviest enemies being substantially quicker than me.

It's okay but I only spent pennies on it. Good stop gap between DS3 I guess.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.