[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>When expansions ruin a game Pic related
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: dontstarvetogether.jpg (67 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
dontstarvetogether.jpg
67 KB, 460x215
>When expansions ruin a game
Pic related
>>
What are you talking about? Shipwrecked ruining DST? DST ruining DS? Changes to DST?
>>
>>331873127
DST ruining Don't Starved, it just ruins the entire point of the game.
>>
>>331871985
Besides the changes to Giants, I can't see how caves/RoG could be seen as ruining DST, if thats even what you're referencing.
>>
Age of Mythology with atlanteans and titans.
>>
>>331871985
In what way did it ruin the game? Me and my friends had a blast playing this. If you are talking about the difficulty it's still pretty hard because you have to have enough food for everyone and the random events or winter is really hard.

I haven't played the shipwrecked dlc or whatever, is it worth the money? Can you do alot of new stuff?
>>
>>331873256
DST is basically a different game than DS, so I don't see what's wrong with it. Like I could see your point if you're playing with total randoms but starting a world from scratch with friends is great, and the survival aspects are definitely still there if that's what you're talking about, since you have more mouths to feed but there's barely any extra food made for you.
>>
>>331873256
Well it's optional. If you prefer being a lone wolf surviver no one is forcing you.

For people who enjoy having friends and talking to human beings that option is there.
>>
>>331873430
I don't really like shipwrecked too much. There's a lot more focus on exploration, which means sailing through empty seas for a really really long time. Also, doing pretty much anything in ship wrecked is more annoying and awkward than it is in Reign of Giants, so if you link SW with RoG then you'll do 99% of your stuff in RoG and only go to SW for the really good unique items like coffee.
>>
>>331871985
Every Mount and Blade expansion. For the first couple of weeks even the base game is an unplayable mess
>>
>>331873430
>>331873661
Not him, but I think the difficulty is really awkward.
Combat is the only thing my group (besides me) had a problem with, because even slight lag in combat designed around kiting makes it super unreliable. But even then, it isn't hard to stay fed or keep sanity up. Extra mouths aren't too big of an issue considering even in the base game its easy to build up a surplus.
>>
>>331874407
There's a console command that replaces rubberbanding lag with delay based lag. There's also a mod called "No more lag" if you're too lazy to type it in each time (It's client side). Get that and it makes combat way better.
>>
>>331873430
>>331873852
SW feels out of place. I feel like I like a lot of the ideas in it, but the execution feels off? I haven't played it in a long time so maybe its been addressed.
>>
>>331874749
Yeah, it isn't really an issue for me since I'm the host. My friends are the ones who mainly have the issue, and its made worse by them being less experienced in the games combat.
>>
>>331874407
Yeah it's mostly the same for my group of friends.We had all the food in the world and we were perfectly safe on a small island we found by jumping into a wormhole. We made the mistake of attacking the penguins during winter and died. None of my friends want to play it anymore because they say "it takes too long time" and from there we've never played it again.

I wish I could actually finish the game sometime but I am too much of a shitter to do it alone and I think it would be more fun to complete it with someone else than just me. I tried joining a random server with random people but they all spoke russian or chinese.
>>
>>331871985

Don't Starve Together is really fun if you have a friend or two that actually know what they're doing, but absolutely horrible trying to join a random server. They really didn't think that through. Most of the time there's absolutely no resources and it's in the middle of summer so you basically die insantly.
>>
>>331874958
>I wish I could actually finish the game
Do you mean like adventure mode? Don't think its in multi.
>shitter to do it alone
The game is mostly knowledge based, there are some small things that you can abuse that make the game way easier.
>>
>>331874749
This game is SHIT for lag. I've tried what you descirbed and it doesn't help. It is the major failing of multiplayer. Only the host can reliable kill things, at least until non-host players get marble armour and football helmets to negate the damage they wont be able to avoid.

Also DST is much easier than the solo game.
The offset of having to feed more people is overcome within a few days if you know what you're doing. Having an extra person collecting resources is such an asset.

Still a great game. Shame about the lag.
>>
>>331875724
I honestly don't know what you're talking about. I've joined my friends servers who live thousands of miles away from me, and the lag is totally fine. At worst there's like a half second of delay but you get used to it quickly. If there's anything it would mess up it's just trying to gather items super quick that it messes up, fighting is all about a rhythm so that's easy.
>>
>>331875724
>Only the host can reliable kill things, at least until non-host players get marble armour and football helmets to negate the damage they wont be able to avoid.

My friend plays Wendy to offset this, using Abigail to kill.
>>
>>331875724
>Having an extra person collecting resources is such an asset.
I always had the dream of us gettin 2 different things done at once, but my friend can't be trusted to do a lot of things on his own. Still, having two people gathering tumbleweeds is huge. Covers grass/twig needs for so long, and extra resources are also pretty big.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.