[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Witcher 3 Y/N?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
File: ltjbm.jpg (36 KB, 490x360) Image search: [Google]
ltjbm.jpg
36 KB, 490x360
Friends, I need your advice.

Should I buy the Witcher 3 right now or is there likely to be am Easter Steam sale in the next day or so where it will be on sale anyway?
>>
File: FB_IMG_1458777535244.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1458777535244.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
Right now. Don't be no pussy.
>>
>>331868674
Have you already played 1 and 2?
>>
>>331870370

Yeah, played and completed them both quite recently. Aboslutely loved them both.

I know I'll enjoy the Witcher 3 but I'm just wondering if there's likely to be a Steam sale over Easter? Rather than drop full price on it right now.
>>
>>331870876
It shouldn't hurt to just wait a couple of days to see if there is a sale.
Just find a good free game to play while you wait.
>>
>>331870876
Very likely, I think I got mine for almost half the price during the last sale, just wait it out for a couple more days.
>>
>>331868674
Don't buy it.
Shit game.
It's an Assassins Creed like, but more boring. There is a shitton of useless sidequest, AI is lame and waiting for its turn to attack, no exploration, 3 or 4 monsters and a dozen of re-skinned ennemies...
Choices doesn't really matters ingame, only the ending will change depending on how you act with Ciri for three key moments.
Controls sucks.
Horse riding/racing sucks.

It's a fucking waste of time.
>>
>>331868674
It's really not that fun. Like, in comparison to its predecessors, it's more like an equally shitty Witcher 2 in the setting of the first with a few imaginative quests but without the cool CRPG elements all dedicated to a single role nor the complexity of some of your actions, just weak vistas you walk towards for one reason or another and weak underwater sessions early on because the game wants you to know really hard it's learned something from AAA cinematic games and has just as much money thrown into it as them. That'd be great if the RPG elements underneath were fun, at least, but they aren't. And the giant world? Exploring yields no actual reward other than checklists done, so good luck enjoying it all and gaining nothing on top of it buddy.

Fuck that game.
>>
I would stick with the horsemask.
>>
I'd wait. Great game but Witcher games drop prices real quick.
>>
>>331871893
>>331872198
What game should I buy instead?
>>
>>331872625
Fuck if I know. Download some shoot 'em up or play anything else you have in your backlog.
>>
Post more memes
>>
>>331871893
B8 harder m8
>>
If you like open world RPG's, then buy The Witcher 3. The side-quests are great and there is a ton of stuff to do, all of which has a purpose. Nothing goes to waste in this game.

If you do buy it, play it on either Blood and Broken Bones or Death March, otherwise the game will be way too easy.
>>
>>331868674
Best game this gen. By fucking miles. Looks beautiful, plays incredibly... its fucking great. Not sure when you should buy it, but you should buy it. God tier DLC as well, man.
>>
>>331871893
This is all nonsense. Ignore.
>>
>>331872913
>>331873017
This two anons has the right idea OP.

But you could wait for the summer sales & get it for half the price.
>>
>>331872913
>The side-quests are great and there is a ton of stuff to do, all of which has a purpose

I dunno, the sidequests are neat sometimes, but there's less fun design twists involved like there are in the main quest, and the majority don't even have good rewards to help you out or anything, the EXP they give is shit, too.
>>
>>331873124
It's not worth it if you can't get it together with the Expansion Pass.
>>
>>331872829
Lol, don't download the biggest RPG of 2015, dl some shitty indie shooter. Good advice.
>>
>>331873124
gog already has it for half price.

I'm waiting for Blood and Wine.
>>
>>331873409
Hyped as fuck for Blood and Wine!
>>
>>331873236

I meant that the narrative for the side-quests are good, or at least better than any other open world RPG. Every side-quest has at least some kind of interesting story associated with it. The actual objectives might be pretty stale, but that is just an inherent problem with open world RPGs.
>>
>>331873236
Some of the side quests are just as substantial as some big main quest missions and some of them are some of the best in the game.
>>
>>331872625
No idea mate, sry.
Just avoid W3.
>>
>>331873360
At least you'll get more fun out of the jap indie shooter, yes.

>>331873524
>>331873571
That's the thing, the quality between them really varies, and the gameplay's a pretty low note regardless of the situation. It'd be cool for it to have the mechanical complexity of the original Witcher game it tries to be so hard, but it doesn't. It offers a mind-numbingly boring streamlined design that has no real meaning behind it, and I don't know whether to blame the generic AAA-budget conventions that plague the game or the fact it's designed primarily for consoles or fuck if I know.
>>
>>331873571
Blood Baron is the fucking king of quests
>>
>>331868674
game isn't even good, don't fall for the memes
>>
>>331873816
*Bloody
>>
File: 1458395093847.png (2 MB, 1000x967) Image search: [Google]
1458395093847.png
2 MB, 1000x967
>>331868674
no, torrent it tho. i got the game for free as a promo.

It's a step up from standard wrpgs, but the biggest problem with the game is that the combat is basically ass creed meets dark soul's retarded brother. everything else is good though.

even though I didn't buy the base game, I did buy the heart of stone dlc, so I guess despite its flaws its still the GOTY, only because 2015 was a garbage year for vidya
>>
>>331871893
This guy is correct. Game sucks. It's insanely convoluted, combat sucks dick, tons of quests you randomly come across just automatically thrown into your log, armor and weapons are a chore to get since you need to collect stuff and make them, story isn't interesting, voice acting is dull, and to top it off it handles like complete shit, it's so infuriating moving the damn character.
>>
>>331873816
Honestly, I think the Bloody Baron questline ruined this game for me. It spoiled me right from the start and nothing else in the game really stood up to it for me. Except for the battle of Kaer Morhen
>>
>>331874908
The atmosphere of the quest was ridiculous. That swamp was creepy as fuck. The spectacle of the second quest you mentioned was amazing. So much shit going on.
>>
>>331874651
>combat sucks dick
True.
>collecting things for armor
Sort of agree. Would have been more bearable if all of the armors didn't have three different tiers with five pieces of equipment in each all in different locations.
>Story
Was great for the most part. Everything after Kaer Morhen was bad though.
>voice acting
Dead wrong here.

Lastly: The Witcher 3 was a great game, but holy shit /v/ shut the fuck up about it.
>>
>>331874651
The fuck? Voice acting was absolutely excellent.
>>
>>331868674
Pirate it faggot
>>
>>331875436
Oh forgot to say that OP should definitely pick this game up. The first 20 hours alone are worth the full $60.
>>
Wait for it. Now u can play gog licensed version and not even pay! If u want steam icon get at least at 50% for both game and dlcs.
>>
File: mH9kEdY.png (910 KB, 1145x880) Image search: [Google]
mH9kEdY.png
910 KB, 1145x880
>>331868674
buy

it is objectively the greatest game of all time

also check out gog, it will probably pop at 20 bucks in their current Sale
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.