[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I get a N3DS or a N3DS XL? http://strawpoll.me/7171172
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9
File: new3ds_2014_630pxhedimg.jpg (74 KB, 630x400) Image search: [Google]
new3ds_2014_630pxhedimg.jpg
74 KB, 630x400
Should I get a N3DS or a N3DS XL?

http://strawpoll.me/7171172
>>
>>331859353
I wish there was a regular N3DS here in North America
The only N3DS in NA are gay Pokemon & Animal Crossing white bundles
The XL is:
>too big
>easy cramps
>no colorful buttons
>lower pixel density on the screen
>>
Bumperoo
>>
>>331859554
>Too big
I don't get this meme
>>
Do you want a better picture and customization or do you want a bigger screen?
>>
>>331859353
I'd say get the XL, but I do kind of miss the compactness and colors of the O3DS. If you're into the face plates and don't want a bigger screen just get a normal N3DS.
>>
>>331861183
You can't fit it in your pocket, it's not portable at all
Unless you own a purse or some shit
>>
>>331859353
>not having both
>casual
>>
>>331861267
I'm not sure. I have O3DS, and the text for some games (MH3U for example) is too small. Will having a bigger screen fix it?
>>
File: 206913_detail.jpg (74 KB, 691x400) Image search: [Google]
206913_detail.jpg
74 KB, 691x400
Honestly, just get what fits your hands best and/or whatever you think is easier to carry around.

Cover plates and Super Famicom/PAL SNES-color buttons are very nice, but for some games so is a bigger screen and a better shot at getting one with an IPS panel. I believe the XL has a slightly better battery but I'm not too sure about that.
>>
Everyone speaks truth. The only plus with the new 3ds or whatever the fuck they are calling a repackaged repeat product- you can play Snes virtual games. It's impossible to play laying in bed. I still use my old hacked ds. Now hacking I'd say it worth doing to psp, ds, and 3ds.
>>
>>331861329
or a car
or a messenger bag
or a laptop bag
or a coat
or luggage
or a fanny pack
>>
>>331861782
Yeah, that's exactly what I said, or some SHIT
Those aren't worth having around to make your 3ds portable
>>
I prefer the XL because I like the bigger screen (and I have pockets that fit my old XL). Bigger screen is more important to me than a plate I won't be looking at 90% of the time I use it.
>>
It's up to you, there's some great game available on the platform, the library is big and diverse, find out if you want to play those games. Just know the hardware itself is shit. It has a joke resolution and it's underpowered, trading performance for a 3D gimmick you will use the first week then turn off.
The Vita has the opposite problem, the hardware is amazing but the type of games available for it are limited. If you don't like JRPGs and other weeb games, the vita isn't for you. But if you do, it's one of the best consoles on the market.
>>
>>331862079
Makes me kinda sad that no one likes the 3D. I always use it.
>>
File: image.jpg (156 KB, 744x1092) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156 KB, 744x1092
XL unless you're a manlet
>>
>>331861913
if I'm going anywhere that involves long enough breaks when I can play a portable game system, I also have a messenger bag or luggage with me. Is portable. Is not needing plug or tv.

Usually I play my portables on my back deck.
>>
>>331862419
That's gross.
Why would you take a photo of your legs if they looked like that and post it on the internet? And then add a filter that makes your stretch marks even more visible?
>>
>>331862079
3D is legitimately good on the N3DS though
>>
>>331861329
Fits in my pocket with plenty of room to spare. Maybe you should stop wearing meme girl jeans like a faggot.
>>
File: sgfsdgdfg.jpg (20 KB, 462x404) Image search: [Google]
sgfsdgdfg.jpg
20 KB, 462x404
>>331862419

>those stretchmarks
>>
>>331859353
lol, is that a power on/off button at top?

enjoy accidently clicking it.
>>
>>331862273
The new 3d is genuinely impressive. The old one, not so much.
>>
>>331862913
Lardass detected
>>
File: oOWusmGj.jpg (12 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
oOWusmGj.jpg
12 KB, 240x240
>>331862419
>>
Well I just tried to play Xenoblade Chronicles on the regular N3DS and the screen for it is way too small. Im looking to replace it with a XL now.
>>
>>331863204
Eh, I liked both and used the old 3D just the same. I must say the new 3D is 10x better than the older one though.
>>
I like my regular size one, the replaceable cover plates are really cool
>>
>>331862419
She needs recomp and squats
>>
OP here, I don't care about the coverplates but

>n3ds is cheaper
>n3ds has better colors (white)
>still wondering about >>331861443
>>
>pixel density
Why do people care about the pixel density so damn much? And when exactly did people start to care so much?
For decades people loved just the idea of getting bigger screens. And the inches for displays produced just kept going up and up and people saw this as improvement. Some outliers even literally magnified displays to get a bigger view. And people liked it, because it was big.

Yes the pixel density of the regular N3DS is higher. But the display of the XL is a lot larger, and the density still isn't bad. It's just not great.
The XL also has better battery life. Fits better in your hands. Overall it's the much more pleasant machine.
>>
File: 2361234613.jpg (85 KB, 454x341) Image search: [Google]
2361234613.jpg
85 KB, 454x341
>>331862530
>Being so much of a faggot you carry around a manpurse in order to hold your N3DS XL
>>
>>331863718
>when did people start to care
Probably after the death of the DS. Anyway, I love the XL's larger screen, and playing on my friend's O3DS made me realize how much I appreciated the bigger screen. I don't care about the plates either because again, the screen is what I'll be looking at 90% of the time, not the cover.
>>
File: wait a minute.jpg (73 KB, 695x518) Image search: [Google]
wait a minute.jpg
73 KB, 695x518
>1:1 pixel mapping emulators on ips xl
this face, i have it
>>
>>331864062
>I don't care about the plates either because again, the screen is what I'll be looking at 90% of the time, not the cover.
Agreed. That said, it still boggles me how or why they designed the XL in such a way that it wasn't compatible with custom face plates.

Don't they make a lot of money selling those? I mean come on, surely it can't have been an impossible feat of engineering to make XL models with detachable face plates, right?
Ultimately it's hard for me to say I care, but it still surprises me a lot.
>>
>>331861329
Pit it in your backpack then you autismo.
If you are taking your 3DS with you then I assume that it is because you are going to class. Then put it in your packpack with your books and shit nigga.
Do you also complain about the size of laptops?
>>
As someone who owns a DS Lite, is the N3DS worth owning? Would it still have support for at least 2 years more? ..and am I looking at better games than the DS lite?
>>
Literal pros and cons list

N3DS
>Smaller size is more portable if you like that
>Might not find it comfy
>Compared to N3DSXL pixel density is higher
>Plates are available if you want to customize
>Super Famicom colored buttons if that's what gets off the /vr/ in you

N3DSXL
>Screen is bigger if you don't want to squint at your game
>This is at the cost of portability, but hardly.
>Also less dense screen because resolution is the same. You can see individual pixels.
>No plates, but there are a shitload of special edition ones now if you want something more flashy
>Might be easier to hold if you have large hands
>>
>>331864336
Yeah it's weird. They probably didn't want to make 2 different sized plate sets.
>>
>>331859353

No you shouldn't get either it's a waste of money
>>
File: 1450774678930.jpg (4 MB, 1497x5840) Image search: [Google]
1450774678930.jpg
4 MB, 1497x5840
>>331864738
Does any of this interest you?

I say the system is worth it, but it's your choice
>>
>>331864738

No just get a 3ds or a 3DS XL there is not advantage in having a new 3ds
>>
>>331863718
Dunno anon, but I'll never buy a tv over 32" again.
I used to have a 47", but it broke and I switched to a 42", and then I gave that away and now I use a 32" and it's the best tv I've ever had.

>>331865382
>ips screens
>built in c-stick
>loading the home menu doesn't take forever like it does on the o3ds
>>
>>331859554
>hating on the 20th anniversarry new3DS
>not wanting to start off with 2 sets face plates

White is also the better option, unless you can't take care of your shit. If yoy wash your hands you won't have to worry much about gunking shit up either.
>>
I got the N3DS because those buttons are sexy as fuck. It's aight, I've played a bunch of games and I'm not blind yet.
>>
>>331859353
Whichever you get, make sure it's white or black on the inside

Any other color makes the buttons look bad.
>>
>NA still doesn't have the white n3dsxl
Fucking nintendo. Guess I'll have to settle for the hyrule edition, since that's literally the only one that you can still get for msrp that doesn't collect fingerprints
>>
>>331865954
Europe doesn't have a white N3DS XL either. Only Black and Blue.
>>
>>331865954
Hyrule one is pretty and LE. Go for it.
>>
Jesus how many people in this thread carry a 3ds and a phone in their pants all day? Where do you fit your slingshot or your prostate massager?
>>
>>331866291
I'm not really a fan of branded hardware, but it definitely one of the better LEs they've made.

Still kind of worried that it'll be too big though since I've only ever used the regular sized DS/3ds
>>
>>331867503
It's pretty nice, I have one and it's comfortable to hold. If you have tiny hands then it might be a problem because of the shoulder buttons.
>>
My wife's son prefers the XL. He carries it in his hands, he is very strong no one can take it from him.
>>
>>331861329
Maybe you should wear something other than skinny jeans.
>>
>>331864790
>have never met anyone with bigger hands than me
>still enjoy using my old regular DS in terms of comfortability
the 3ds XL is not as comfy desu, wish I had gotten the regular size
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.