[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MMO Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 8
File: 1458015578934.jpg (796 KB, 3154x2493) Image search: [Google]
1458015578934.jpg
796 KB, 3154x2493
Tell me what your ideal MMORPG is like /v/.

What is the combat like?
What kind of classes would you like to see?
What is the crafting system like?
Should there be a character leveling system or can an MMO do without it so long as there are other means to progress your character?
Endgame? Is it instanced or open-world?
How should the game make money? B2P, subscription fees, or F2P with a slightly P2W cash shop?

Basically give me your stipulations for a god-tier MMO. The more details you provide, the better. Last night's thread was bretty good, let's get more of that.

previous thread: >>331762431
>>
File: Vengeful_Farmer2.jpg (142 KB, 968x843) Image search: [Google]
Vengeful_Farmer2.jpg
142 KB, 968x843
>>
>>331852830
roll: hoping for purple master race

(OP you were never getting any sort of discussion with the roll version of that image)
>>
File: 6dxy7c.jpg (270 KB, 1364x768) Image search: [Google]
6dxy7c.jpg
270 KB, 1364x768
>>
Everyone is a powerful wizard that starts with full spells.

When you cast a spell, it's gone forever. The longer you play, the more stingy you will need to be with spells.
>>
>>331855534
>multiple elite skill builds
Those were the best.
>>
File: 1372898289375.png (110 KB, 770x2759) Image search: [Google]
1372898289375.png
110 KB, 770x2759
>>331852830
>>
Pretty much just EVE except in a fantasy setting.
>>
>>331852830
rolling for what class i'd like to see
>>
>>331852830
>What is the combat like?
Not sure, open to many kinds of combat, as long as it is engaging and unforgiving.

>What kind of classes would you like to see?
Highly varied & specialized, with specific non-combat utilities built into each/some classes. Leaving the safety of cities should be extremely dangerous without a group. Solo'ing should be a chore for most classes.

>What is the crafting system like?
Highly varied & specialized. Good crafted items should be as good if not better than what you can find as loot/via quests. Most items should be able to be modified.

>Should there be a character leveling system or can an MMO do without it so long as there are other means to progress your character?
I think levels are important since they basically define progression. Purely loot-based would be dull, though skill-based progression would be OK too (but in the end it wouldnt end up looking too different from level-based). They also stratify the player population. Levels should be hard-earned and there should be a way to lose XP/levels.

>Endgame? Is it instanced or open-world?
A mix. There should be instanced stuff for more casual players, but the best loot/quests should be locked to open world encounters. Would be nice to see an element of PvP built into the endgame content to prevent poopsocking.

>How should the game make money? B2P, subscription fees, or F2P with a slightly P2W cash shop?
Flat monthly/quarterly/annual subscription.

Basically, it should feel like Classic Everquest but with the tedious parts removed/improved on.
>>
>>
File: rift shimmersand.jpg (117 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
rift shimmersand.jpg
117 KB, 1280x720
>>
File: 2mba3x7.jpg (360 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
2mba3x7.jpg
360 KB, 1920x1080
>>
>>331862628
Now that's a rare miniature.
>>
On the topic of MMOs. What's the most active one(s) right now?
>>
>>331863292
WoW, FFXIV, BDO
>>
>>331852830
no fucking mage, please.
>>
File: rift.jpg (141 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
rift.jpg
141 KB, 1280x720
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.