[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is it a good entry point? The dating sim shit in P3 and P4 kind
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8
File: P2.png (76 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
P2.png
76 KB, 240x240
is it a good entry point? The dating sim shit in P3 and P4 kind of turns me off.
>>
Yes.

Also, don't look at P3/4 SLinks as dating sim. Look at it as mini/meta game of maximizing all of them in a single run, to get the best persona fusions.
>>
>>331852046
Yes, the mechanics aren't quite as dated as the first Persona. But the encounter rate and be annoying high. The cast is great and the story is fairly solid, Its my personal favourite too.
>>
ginko is a whore btw
>>
I started with 3 but went back to 2 after playing 4 and was surprised at how much more I liked it. If you're okay with oldschool-tier clunkiness and high as fuck encounter rates you're in for some fun.
>>
>>331852580
Compensated dating is not whoring out anon.
>>
>>331852046
If I could recommend, play the PS1 version.
Going from PSP Innocent Sin to PS1 Eternal Punishment is a huge pain in the ass.
It's much better to just play the fantranslated PS1 version of IS and then go into EP.
>>
>>331852687
Calling it a different name doesn't change what it is. Lisa is a literal whore.
>>
>>331852738
>>331852046
>Going from PSP Innocent Sin to PS1 Eternal Punishment is a huge pain in the ass.
Sure is.
Want to know is even a bigger pain? Playing both PS1 versions.
Go for the PSP remake of IS, OP.
>>
>>331852738
Isn't there a translated PSP version out there?
>>
>>331852789
I don't think you know what compensated dating is anon.
Compensated dating means showing up in public with random dudes and they pay you for it.
I bet you also think hostess clubs are brothels you fucking retard.
>>
>>331852883
Lol no.
Eternal Punishment PSP is Japanese only, they never brought it over citing PSP piracy as an excuse even though they could've made it PSN exclusive.
Fatlus USA is a shitty company, don't ever give them a dime.

>>331852873
You're retarded anon, consistency is far more important.
>>
>>331852958
As I said, you may call it whatever you wish, but that doesn't change the fact you're waifu sleeps with old men.
>>
>>331852046

yes in regard of the persona games it's the best
>>
>>331853027
>consistently bad stuff is worse than at least something good
No, anon, you're retarded.
>>
>>331853054
Oh, so you're clinically retarded, good to know anon.
>>
so on the side note is eternal punishment just as good as innocent sin?

what's the difference
>>
>>331852046
Fuck tatsuya is a qt
>>
>>331853141
Eternal Punishment is the direct sequel to the game.
Persona 2 is a duology.
Innocent Sin is first half.
Eternal Punishment is the second half.
To tell you more would be a massive spoiler.
Naturally playing IS before EP is mandatory as EP would spoil IS for you.
>>
>>331853141
Everyone but tatsuya dies at end of sin then he creates a new reality but nobody remembers him, then girl remembers him in ou ishment but they are sepereted again forever.
>>
>>331853693
Good job being a huge cunt, eat shit and die.
>>
>>331853693
I hope you get raped by a thousand niggers with AIDS and Ebola
>>
>>331853750
>>331853805
:)
>>
File: Adachi.png (209 KB, 554x838) Image search: [Google]
Adachi.png
209 KB, 554x838
>>331853693
Adachi
>>
File: shinmascaratensei.png (259 KB, 500x537) Image search: [Google]
shinmascaratensei.png
259 KB, 500x537
If you like pressing triangle, yeah. The encounter rate and broken gameplay means you'll basically do nothing but autobattle way too much and not think about anything.

Honestly if you're talking about Megaten in general since you don't want P3/P4 and you really want to get a decent blend that has good gameplay, story, music, and graphics, try out Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2 instead.
>>
>>331854178
>hurr durr im a turbocasual that started with PS2
Eat shit
>>
>>331854178
>complains about encounter rate
>recommends Digital Devil Saga
wew lad
>>
File: smt1hero.gif (2 MB, 365x250) Image search: [Google]
smt1hero.gif
2 MB, 365x250
>>331854509
Nice projection, but Persona 2 is one of the most casual games in the series, both before and after. Your personas regen SP like crazy, your attacks are overpowered, and you can go through the entire game with the handout personas. It really only has story going for it, because the gameplay is just plain bad and the music for the most part is unremarkable.

If someone's never played a game in the series, it's nice to get into something that's closer to other RPGs to introduce them to concepts and general feeling of the series.
>>
>>331855057
>and the music for the most part is unremarkable.

HOLY SHIT ALL THIS SHIT TASTE

>Persona 2 is one of the most casual games in the series, both before and after. Your personas regen SP like crazy, your attacks are overpowered, and you can go through the entire game with the handout personas.
THANKS FOR PROVING YOU ONLY PLAYED THE HEAVILY DUMBED DOWN PSP VERSION, PS1 ORIGINAL DOESN'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM
>>
>>331852046
The first game in the duology almost plays itself, due to the handout Personas being good enough to carry you the whole game, so in a way it's more similar to later Persona games, both games are still very good though.
>>
File: hardcorehacker.png (160 KB, 400x345) Image search: [Google]
hardcorehacker.png
160 KB, 400x345
>>331855256
Are you one of those people who also thinks Strange Journey has the best music or something? Persona 2's music isn't as good as the music in the rest of the series.

And playing the PS1 version is fucking torture with those battle animations and still heavily dumbed down.

I'd recommend pretty much anything in the series over P2 honestly, unless you're a big fan of visual novels.
>>
File: what's his name.jpg (19 KB, 473x343) Image search: [Google]
what's his name.jpg
19 KB, 473x343
How good does P2 hold up in comparison to P1?
I tried to get my fix of megaten back when I was waiting for the European release of SMT IV by playing P1 and after several hours in I got fed up with that shitty grid targeting, unfunny one liners, Simon says negotations and huge empty rooms.
>>
>>331857154
No grid targeting, still unfunny one liners, still simon says negotiations, still huge empty rooms, dungeons are third person isometric like those rooms rather than first person.
>>
File: 1451721827125.png (79 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1451721827125.png
79 KB, 400x400
>>331857154
>unfunny one liners
>Simon says negotations
>huge empty rooms

Persona 2 has all that and more.
>>
>>331853916
So epic. You were totally SAVAGE my man.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.