[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ITT: Vidya that need either a Remake or a new game in general.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: 348876653.jpg (186 KB, 1200x802) Image search: [Google]
348876653.jpg
186 KB, 1200x802
>ITT: Vidya that need either a Remake or a new game in general.
>>
File: NNNFFFF.jpg (11 KB, 258x188) Image search: [Google]
NNNFFFF.jpg
11 KB, 258x188
MediEvil, for sure.
>>
File: 1458778516265.jpg (101 KB, 728x636) Image search: [Google]
1458778516265.jpg
101 KB, 728x636
>>331849854
>yfw FROM will never make another Tenchu

And Tenchu Z was objectively SHIT so don't try to force that meme
>>
>>331849854
WarCraft, StarCraft and Diablo.

Under competent writers and with utter disdain for hacks.

Or at least giving them the same treatment Disney did with Star Wars (retconning nearly everything) and then pick up those parts that are good.
>>
PlayStation Magazine Vol. 66 demo disk had a Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven demo along side a Zone of the Enders and other goodies. I probably put more hours in that demo than in most modern games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8A7rCCvsTE
>>
>>331849854
Shinobi.
>>
>>331852278

And that tenchu level never made it into the game. I also played the fuk out of it.
>>
>>331851395
Was it really? I never got to play it. The features sounded nice. Isn't that the Tenchu where you can create your own character and play with others while you ninja'd the town. How the fuck could they mess up that formula?
>>
>>331853582

It was an OK game, but the biggest problem was that they ended up recycling the same level for missions 3 - 8 times, just with different enmy placements. And even with different enemies and placements, on some levels there was always one best way to go. That and the final boss is an HP sponge, and you can't really fight outside of stealth that well, which led to you kiting him to a bottomless pit and either launching him into it or using a grenade to knock him off the roof to die from fall damage.
>>
Soldier of Fortune.
>>
>>331849854
This game was great. I don't know how well it holds up today but I had fun with it a lot. Multiplayer was very fun to.
>>
>>331851395
It was better than Shadow Assault, which is the only one From developed. Acquire and K2 LLC made the worthwhile entries.
>>
I honestly don't know why Tenchu hasn't been revived yet.

Considering how games like Dishonored and Farcry are extremely popular among casuals for their "choose your playstyle" design philosophy, I don't see how a game like WoH wouldn't be met with widespread acclaim.
>>
>>331853275
What, the village that ends with you fighting three drunks followed by Tajima? It's in the game as the final part of a larger level, with a different bossfight.
>>
>>331849854
>Only played one tenchu game growing up

Does PSN have the PS1 stuff of tenchu?
>>
>>331849854
>those teamup assassinations
>that soundtrack
>xray kill cam
>NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINJAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>331854386
>>331853275

It IS part of the Ronin Village, but the actual level is in the game too: You just have to unlock it by getting Grand Master/ Master of Assassins for every mission.
>>
>>331854363
I don't think they still have the man-power or can acquire (heh) the funds necessary to make a modern one comparable to games being released now.

They've really downscaled on their projects, preferring to make mobile games. They can still do some crazy niche shit like Akiba's Trip which seemed more like a passion project so that's nice.
>>
>>331854547
Nope.

If you want to play the games, you need to get physical copies.

If you want advice on which Tenchu games to get, I'd say 2 and WoH. Tenchu 2 has the best story/ level design and WoH has the best overall gameplay. There's also TOTA for the PSP, which has a top-tier level editor.
>>
File: image.jpg (57 KB, 375x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57 KB, 375x375
Unfortunately Robo Pit 2 was a pretty good idea marred by completely shit execution.
>>
>>331854996
I heard the latest one on Wii was the best. Was I being rused?
>>
>>331855127
Definitely.
>>
>>331854996
tota for psp also has garbage tier draw distance

wrath of heaven will never be surpassed
>>
>>331849854
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aVEeGtO0Px4

this game was fucking GOAT
>>
>>331854937
From are also sitting on the license, hence why Shinobido was created.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.