[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>locked out of true ending because I... >A: Killed a boss
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 512x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 512x288
>locked out of true ending because I...
>A: Killed a boss too soon
>B: Didnt check on the Catherdral Ward straight after fighting Rom (I guess that ones on me)
Yes I'm mad
>>
>>331849180
There's no boss that you can kill "too soon" except for gehrman and he ends the fucking game
>>
>>331849358
If you kill Iosefka before the Blood moon she doesn't drop a Thrid Umbiblical Cord
>>
>>331849180
You are not supposed to find the true ending on the first playthrough, not big deal.
>>
>>331849525
There are 4 in the game not 3
>>
Getting 2 out of the 3 is nigh guaranteed if you explore. You just suck.
>>
>>331849563
What?
It's almost impossible to miss it
On the other hand waking up is the only not "anime" ending in the game
>>
>>331849698
Not triggering Adella to kill Ariann is rare if you don't have any prior knowledge. Same goes for Iosefka.
>>
>>331849887
Adella's blood is better than whore one, why would you even trigger her?
To kill Iosefka early you actually need to explore and she pretty tought
>>
>>331849887
I didn't take either's blood because I was worried something would happen if I did.

So I saved them without even trying or knowing since it was at launch
>>
>>331849657
But I did explore.
I lit every lamp I checked every nook and cranny.
Apparently I explored the wrong places at the wrong times.
>>
>>331849981
But you don't need to do that holy shit
1) kill willem
2)pick chord where in the old workshop where you find the dead doll
3)mergo's wet nurse's drop
There your fucking secret ending
>>
>>331849981
>Adella's blood is better than whore one

Debatable, I prefer stamina boost over HP boost.
>>
>>331850159
Killing Willem drops a third Umbiblical cord?
>>
mad why? how is it unfair? there are 4 cords, you missed 50% of them even after a game prompt that says "3 umbilical cords" and them being called THIRDS

3 are unmissable, 1 is basically extra, you're an idiot.
>>
>>331850159
>old workshop
People bitch about iron keep in das2 being in the sky, but everyone just ignore this shit
>>
>>331850293
No, only the Eye Rune. He's full of shit.
>>
>>331850159
Willem doesn't drop a cord. The two hidden ones are Arianna and Fake Iosefka, both of which are quite easy to miss as you can get them killed early.

That said, there's nothing wrong with hidden endings, particularly when the game tells you what to do (there's a series of notes in the lecture hall linking the moon presence with three third cords). The only bullshit is having to work out that you have to use the cords and not have them sitting in your inventory - because there is no indication when you use then that you've done something significant (you just gain 3 insight like a Great One's Wisdom item).

The whole Insight mechanic could have been done a lot better, you can see they had big plans for it that they didn't get around to implementing in full.
>>
>>331850363
What exactly is to bitch about?
>>
>>331850362
It's possible to get locked out of two you retarded fuck, I'm not even OP but you're acting so fucking stupid.
>>
>>331850624
>>331850362
1st Cord - Hidden in the Old Workshop
2nd Cord - Dropped by Mergo
3rd Cord - Dropped by Iosefka
4rd Cord - Dropped by Arianna's baby

Only guaranteed is Mergo's.
>>
>>331850738
The old workshop one I didn't consider hidden because you can't get locked out of it by going there too early. You can go there any point in the game and get the umbilical cord.
>>
File: top squid.png (789 KB, 680x874) Image search: [Google]
top squid.png
789 KB, 680x874
GEHRMAN IS ASLEEP, POST SQUID!
>>
>>331849525
>>331849587
this, and i wouldnt consider iofska a boss either
>>
File: tumblr_o4d6h0wcUe1r0ydf9o1_1280.jpg (130 KB, 650x555) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4d6h0wcUe1r0ydf9o1_1280.jpg
130 KB, 650x555
squid is cute
>>
>>331850362
I know it came of as me calling the game bullshit but really I'm just mad at my own fuck up.
I collected my first Third Umbiblical after killing the Wet Nurse and by then it was already too late for Ariann's Third Umbiblical Cord because she was just gone and there were no remains.
And I already killed Iosefka before the Bloodmoon phase.
Welp, I guess it's more reason for me to play NG+
It's just a damn shame I missed out on it because just by looking at pictures of the true boss fight and ending I can tell it's amazing, getting that on the first playthrough would of been great but in NG+ it just won't mean much.
>>
Rip, I'm the guy who said willem dropped a cord, just wanted to apologize.
>>
>>
OP here
Made this thread before I initiated the fight with
Gherman
I beat him now though, Well I guess I'm going into NG+ now, hopefully I won't fuck it up this time.
that boss fight music was fucking glorious
>>
>>331851685
Good luck this time.
>>
>>331851685
Gehrman is the real final boss anyways in my opinion.

He's a much more climatic and relevant boss fight.
>>
File: 1457909453220.jpg (24 KB, 491x727) Image search: [Google]
1457909453220.jpg
24 KB, 491x727
>>331850363
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.