[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Stairfax
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (67 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
67 KB, 800x450
Starfox hype thread
>branching paths
>large numbers of enemies on screen
>huge bosses
>slow game? Boost lasts longer
>invincible ship + glass canon ship
>Landmaster
>old voice actors returning
>free transformation between Arwing and walker
>good music
>NO KYRSTAL

What's there not to like?
forced motion controls is false, you can still play with the controller, although aiming will be slightly off at times
>>
By the way what is slippy's game about?
>>
File: star fox 2 walker.jpg (143 KB, 946x691) Image search: [Google]
star fox 2 walker.jpg
143 KB, 946x691
>What's there not to like?
At this point, the only thing I don't like is Star Fox 2 being referenced/drawn from so heavily, and yet it still won't ever be released.
Zero is a constant reminder, and it hurts.
>>
>>331845903
But Starfox 0 is Starfox 2: electric boogaloo
>>
I like krystal though

Why the fuck do you have to bring her up every thread? It'll just derail.

Invincible ship is gay and we need good multiplayer.

its a good start, but i swear this better be the last 64 retelling.
>>
>>331845967
The gameplay isn't similar in the slightest.
>>
>>331846085
It's the only 64 retelling, unless you're counting the 3DS remake as a "retelling".
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUm3FiTx7zA

Obligatory
>>
File: krystal.jpg (130 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
krystal.jpg
130 KB, 1200x1600
>NO KRYSTAL

NO SALE
>>
I'm guessing no pro controller support. Damn.
>>
>>331844973
>No Krystal
Well duh! It's a fucking prequel that takes places before Star Fox Adventure.
>>
Hype like crazy. It's gonna be good.

Wii U remains the only worthwhile console this gen.
>>
>>331851363
As number of exclusive, yes.
But for everything else, is not a smart purchase, despite is in my radar for games such as Xenoblade X and Star Fox Zero.
>>
>>331852547
>everything else
Like?
I've got both a bone and ps4 that have both been off for months now because everything that comes out on them is either not worthwhile or better on PC or both.
>>
>>331846093
?? there is an indoor boss that is a direct copy of the bosses from SF2 where you fight this turrent thing in the middle of the room. as far as the strategy part of SF2, that was in SF command
>>
>>331853659
WiiU has lots of second/third party games not worth the purchase, as you can find them on other consoles or PC (the most doable and wise investment in these years).
I also was tempted to buy a PS4 for Bloddborne, but few titles aren't worth the purchase.
>>
Im excited. Finally, the true successor to 64 we've been waiting for.
>>
>>331855548
this exactly, SF64 was one of my favorite n64 games and this looks like it will recapture the magic of that game. interesting to see if there will be the same bosses again from SF SNES and SF64 though, for yet another reimagining of them
>>
I wish nintendo made SF64 3D a nintendo select for the US in the latest batch, the fact it's still $40 for the digital is ridiculous
>>
>>331844973
Assault had better VAs.
>>
>>331855986

I think I saw the two-headed dragon from the SNES game in the last Direct.
>>
File: SFZ steelbook cap shirt.jpg (1 MB, 1376x1800) Image search: [Google]
SFZ steelbook cap shirt.jpg
1 MB, 1376x1800
Based Europe/UK
>>
>>331853659
Nothing.

It's funny how people say Wii U is not worth purchasing because of not having third party games... but then all third party games released so far this gen have been incredibly disappointing anyway.
>>
File: flaco.jpg (11 KB, 287x98) Image search: [Google]
flaco.jpg
11 KB, 287x98
Pretty hyped, so here's a bump.
>>
File: 1434481303779.png (91 KB, 119x356) Image search: [Google]
1434481303779.png
91 KB, 119x356
>>331845903

Fuck, I really hope zero has SF 2 as an unlockable.
>>
Please no forced control gimmicks, please no forced control gimmicks i just want to fly and shoot stuff
>>
>>331844973
I never played 64 so this will be my first Starfox game.
I'm excited even though they wasted resources on that shitty slippy game
Fucking why

>>331855436
Well, if you have a third-party machine already such as any next gen console or PC then why don't you add the WiiU for the arguably best exclusives this gen?
>>
>>331857147
I'm glad I live in the european continent for these trivial things.

>>331858145
I'm just saying that spending around €250-300 for a console and spending €40-60 for the few title of interest isn't really worth.
I'm not saying I'm a poor sucker, I just want to avoid economical regrets.

>>331859021
I'm very tempted right now, but if this NX will come out and will be compatible with WiiU, I'll better wait for getting some goodies from both the consoles.
>>
I hope you can add cool paint jobs and decals for your ships. Also online multiplayer
>>
>although
>What's not to like?
Besides your blatant shilling:

>dogfight camera is fucked up
>Gyro Wing/robot will slow the game to an intolerable Assault/Command speed
>walker Arwing ripped straight from Star Fox 2 looks goofy
>Gamepad required for certain targets
>invincibility mode may indicate a lack of quality in the mission/difficulty design

It's already trash.
>>
>>331845053
Basically first person tower defuse game.
>>
>Only 11 stages

Why the fuck is this okay?
>>
File: i'll remember this.png (204 KB, 530x300) Image search: [Google]
i'll remember this.png
204 KB, 530x300
>>331857147
Fuck NoA with a rake.

Lazy bastards didn't even bother putting the Pokken demo on our eShop.
>>
>>331857147
Where can I get that shirt in Burgerland?
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.