[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why am I keep crawling back to this piece of shit? Every fucking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
File: dota-2-official.jpg (124 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
dota-2-official.jpg
124 KB, 1191x670
Why am I keep crawling back to this piece of shit? Every fucking time it only makes me more angry, yet I can't seem to get away from it. Valve has got me by the balls, but how?
>>
the worst part is i swear to god the first few games back after a long break always go great, i get competent coordinated teammates, i feel like i play well, its all g. i always have a period of super high wins, and then it turns into suffering and i stop, and the cycle repeats.
>>
because you always have that nagging sense in the back of your brain that you can truly git gud. not pie in the sky gud like a pro or pie in the sky popular like a streamer, but just skilled enough that people will say, wow, you're a good player.

you log on every day thinking, this will be the day. my "hard work" in this microcosm of society will finally get me recognized. and it doesn't. everything goes wrong. everything sucks and you don't have fun.

but that carrot on a stick of getting to the level of skill where someone will reach out of the cold glow of your screen with the words you've been waiting to hear will keep you playing forever.

you shiteating little faggot.
>>
3k hours and i've yet to take a break
I might consider doing it soon
>>
>>331838515
There are no levels to reach
No content to unlock
No things to grind for
No map to reach

The game at hour 1 is the same game at hour 1000.

The only thing left for you is to git gud.
You play to git gud, when you win its because you got gud, if you lost because you didn't git gud enough.

Say what you want about "OMG BUT MY TEAMMATES", high MMR players can make an account reach their old MMR in no time, and that's why "hired ladders" exist.
They got good, so good that it's easy to get something like 80% win rate.

That's literally why I keep coming.
Valve didn't challenge me to get to their endgame content or get through their carefully laid out paywalls.

They fucking challenged me to overcome myself.

Just last game we played against a push heavy team, we lost a lane of rax in 30 minutes, and all outer towers.
They had NP, as well as more late game carries than our team, but we maintained discipline, stayed on the defense.

After 40 minutes, the enemy had squandered a 20K gold lead and a 15K XP lead, despite having more late game
Heroes. We won by merit of our skill and discipline and it felt amazing.
>>
>>331838515
cosmetics
>>
>>331839408
do you even get free cosmetics anymore?
>>
>>331839158
there's better shit to git gud at than a whored out esport coated in layers of memes.
>>
>>331839158
Did you win?
>>
What's up with the wall of text edgehog responses?
>>
>>331839492
I think you mean league of memes
>>
File: 1440232368149.jpg (36 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
1440232368149.jpg
36 KB, 1024x576
>>331838515
Because
Gameplay = Solid (even though it keeps getting worse)
Community = Dogshit

So the game keeps pulling you back, but the community makes you leave.

So as long as the community remains as shit as it is (and it shows no signs of improving) you will never have fun playing it, so don't bother re-installing.

I haven't played for over a year now and I'm much happier and more productive.
>>
Stop playing MOBAs. They're all garbage. You are just realizing it, hold on to this feeling instead of letting popular dumb opinion fueled by "HURR ESPORTS I CAN WIN A BAGILLION DOLLARS IF I PLAY THIS SHIT GRIEFER-ORIENTED GAME" idiots.
>>
>>331839546

just because it has less epic maymays than the shitking of assfaggots doesn't mean it doesn't have them at all.
>>
File: Father and son.jpg (69 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Father and son.jpg
69 KB, 600x800
>that feel when he lost his son again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ohcdMkQrUQg
>>
File: 1427201515279.png (86 KB, 288x277) Image search: [Google]
1427201515279.png
86 KB, 288x277
>>331839158
Playing to get good is the biggest waste of time ever in this game since there's absolutely 0 point to getting good. The players you get matched with will never ever be good and you will never get these 5v5 matches where everyone is at the same skill level (no one dragging the others down) in a tight and fun match.
Even if you stack this won't happen.
The chance of going pro and being successful is also so slim it's not even worth aiming for, especially since it fucks up your life hard as fuck.
>>
>>331839546
>I think you mean league of memes

A year or two from now Dota 2 will be just a reskinned LoL.
>>
>>331839461
>do you even get free cosmetics anymore?

Very very rarely. Things like crafting, level up chests, guaranteed cosmetic drops and so on is a thing of the past.
>>
>>331839495
We would defend and do teamfights on our own terms, enabling us to win them despite suffering losses.
Then we'd either push one SINGLE tower at a time, or just bait out buybacks, then immediately fall
Back, using the space to get some quick farm as we were retreating.

It started with us getting rax'd mid 30 minutes mid, and they lost their second tower at 50 minutes in or something.

At the 80 minute mark we won, with only Sniper as our carry.
>>
>>331839665
This guy clearly hasn't played Paragon yet.
>>
>>331838631
It gives you a couple of easy games after a break to get you hooked again, not even joking. You get item drops too.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.